“A Pleasant Place to Stay in Munich”
Review of Hotel Wallis

Hotel Wallis
Ranked #227 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in Hotel Wallis for seven night from April 11 to April 18. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

The hotel location is central so you can actually walk to attraction in the heart of the city. There are many cheap supermarkets if you want to shop for something to drink or nibble :))). There is a fridge in the room so it's also possible to store things.

We were basically staying in Munich and took the train to see the famous castles and beautiful and it views Bavaria has to offer so being able to walk five minutes and be at the train station was simply perfect for us.

As for the hotel itself: The rooms are nice and spacious. The room was very clean and the chambermaids have done a great job keeping it like that. Yet because our room was at the front of the building it was quite noisy during the weekend's nights. it was strange because we were on the sixth floor.
The lift was quite small and very occupied especially in the morning or when a group checked in or out but the stairs gave us some exercise which was nice :). Breakfast was great with a lot of variety to choose from. I was glad to see vegetables and fruits which are rare in three star hotels in Europe :) and of course plenty of cheese cold and hot meats and anything that makes a great breakfast.
The staff is very nice and helpful - we were looking for a bigger supermarket to buy things and Heidi the receptionist devoted herself to looking for the very thing we wanted.

The safes in the room are not working but they have private safe boxes in the reception free of charge. they give you a key and you can come and take things from it whenever you want with supervision of course :). The only thing I was dissatisfied with was that despite stating there is free wi fi in the rooms it costs five euro a day.

I would definitely consider returning to this hotel again when visiting Munich.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Wallis

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I thought Hotel Wallis was perfect for us: it was clean, close to the main train station, it had a 4 person bedroom with a great balcony and the breakfast was more than excellent. Great quality for the price we paid.
Some may not like the fact that the hotel seemed to be in a dodgier area with loads of tabledancing places around but we didn't mind that. The staff was happy to speak English.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Lying within easy walking distance from Munich's main train station and the Marienplatz, this wonderful surprise offered comfortable, quiet rooms situated closely to many interesting attractions in Old Town. The breakfast buffet could easily be compared to the breakfast buffet at the Ritz Carlton in New Orleans, Louisiana on Mardi Gras Day. The staff was friendly, helpful and spoke good English. Thumbs up and I would encourage other travelers to give it a try.

Room Tip: Our room was on the busy street side, but extremely quiet with the soundproof windows. Rooms are av...
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great hotel- close to everything- from station to tourist sites. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included and there was a great selection to choose from. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed in hotel wallis for 1 night only as a family (with a 3 year old). A very small room - which is the downside, but is so close to the main attractions - just walking distance. So we were able to get a taste of Munich for 1 day without spending time on transportaiton. And there was burger king, kfc etc. around for quick eat. Rooms were small but clean. The property management was so kind with providing necessary things for my daughter (hot water, baby chair) upon need. Parking available. There are some sex shops etc around but just dont look at them if you are not interested! By the way, breakfast was good with too many variety, but as it is a small hotel we waited a little bit to sit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located in heart of Munich. It is a short 10min walk from train so easy to get to even with a lot of luggage. 5min walk from marionplatz which is one of main points of city. Also right be several city tours as well! Rooms are kind of small and so are bathrooms but if you aren't looking to stay in room often than it's okay. Also breakfast is included and has everything from bread, meat, fruits, and all types of coffee and tea. Service is very friendly!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Annie M
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was first time at Munich because I was in need of consultation with my doctor, and booking.com suggests this hotel in the area which I was searching. According to the pictures and description - it was a great place with normal price for one night. Location was pretty good, but people around this location... if you are travelling alone you have to be prepared to meet there homeless people, romans, drunk guys... so this is not calm place at all. The railway station is close by. Location is the only good aspect I can think of, however. As Finzi_uk was writing on her/his post - the room was nothing what I saw on the pictures!!!! I will say that student accommodation rooms look better than this hotel was! Everything dirty - coffee machine with already opened milk and coffee packages; dirty rooms; dust everywhere; towels smells like they weren't at washing machine for several years... no way what I was expected for this price!! Another BIG problem was hotel staff. Here I was absolutely in shock. I paid for a Delux single room, and I paid for that because I was in need of relax, comfort and I was expecting normal staff, but the first women - young b**ch girl whom I saw was absolutely unpolite and unfriendly receptionist. I just asked her to give me one more wi-fi code to use it on telephone, and that I will pay this f*** 5 EUR for this f**** slowly connection at the end of my stay here (the end of this hell, thnx God, was tomorrow) and she was staring at me and screaming that the only thing which I have to know that i WILL have to pay 5 EUR. You know, i can read and I can hear, its not obligatory to open your mouth so load. Please, people, avoid this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo