“Well situated apartment hotel with friendly service and big rooms”

Derag Livinghotel Prinzessin Elisabeth
Ranked #133 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed here 1 month towards the end of 2013. First I was to stay in different hotels during the month but I decided to find an apartment hotel (hotel with cooking facilities, etc) and found this one. Apart from big and cosy rooms the kitchen as well as the bathroom do not fall behind the expectations. Everything you need is available. Staying longer than 30 days will grant you a special discount on the room as well as on the parking which makes it well worthwhile to extend your stay by a few days if possible. Parking is also very important as it is very difficult to find this in the city. Hotel also has a small bar and restaurant as well as a fitness room (a bit small but well equiped) and a sauna. Overall a very good place to stay, especially for business travellers who need to stay longer then just 1 week. Staff is very friendly and will try to help whereever they can. Only drawback is the Wi-Fi which is free but keeps dropping out serveral times when connected. Some work was done to increase the speed but connectivity is the main problem (but sometimes it might be better not having internet at all). Would surely recommend it and come back if I need to stay in Munich again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Check in: Relatively painless. It is 2013 now so I would think just about every hotel would have this down by now.

Room: I stayed here for two weeks and had two different rooms. Both had terrible internet. One was 2x better than the other design/functionality wise. The "better" room had a real shower, outlets next to the bed. Both were the same price, so beware.

Breakfast: Nothing great, nothing terrible.

Location: 10-15 minute walk to the nearest U-Bahn, some restaurants nearby. Quiet - unless your room overlooks the smoker shelter in front of the hotel like one of my rooms did. As an extra bonus, this room also had most of the pink and purple signage light shining right into the bedroom.

Summary: The Derag hotel brand in Munich failed to meet my fairly average expectations. Also stayed at the Max Emanuel which somehow found a way to be worse.

Room Tip: Had two rooms and this was after asking multiple times for a better room and being told I had the &q...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank WildcatWorldTraveler
Reviewed 2 October 2013

All OK. Comfortable but unexceptional. Everything worked. Broadband very slow in the evenings. Breakfast average. Beds comfortable. A slight hike to the nearest U-Bahn. Sauna and gym a welcome addition. Search around for the best prices - the variability of company rates is notable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed at the Prinzessin Elisabeth hotel for about three weeks. The room in which I stayed was two levels: living area, kitchenette, and bathroom on one floor; bedroom with huge closet on the other. It was clean, spacious, and comfortable. I kind of felt like a "princess" with all the high tech amenities. For example, as you sit in your bed, you can close the shades with the touch of a button. Most everything can be controlled by your bed, something I really thought was rather spiffy.

There is a food market right next door to the hotel as well which was nice and convenient. Also, you aren't too far a walk from the bus and can get pretty much anywhere by public transportation.

Very high tech, very elegant and sleek. I enjoyed every bit of the decor and overall feel. Would definitely stay here again if traveling to Munich.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I am a frequent traveler and rarely do I experience the level of unprofessionalism that I experienced at Hotel Prezien Elisabeth. We stayed for one night two weeks ago and while the stay was okay, what happened after we left the hotel was not. Immediately after we departed the hotel, we realized that we left two items in the room (an expensive ultrasonic toothbrush and a pair of sunglasses; admittedly our fault). We had already left Munich, so we called the hotel and spoke to the front desk in German about losing the items. They said they could not help us at that time and we would need to call back later. We called back later in the day and received the same response; call back tomorrow and they will let us know. We called back the next three days with exactly the same response. They refused to look for the items and told us we would need to call back. When asked to speak with a manager, I was literally laughed at and told I could not speak with him. We even e-mailed the hotel and they said they could not find our items. I have left items at hotels in the past before (it's bound to happen when you travel as much as I do) and the hotel can almost always recover the item since it's in their best interest to keep you happy. If you want an honest hotel with a staff that actually cares about you STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank maxofthewell
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Munich and this is the best I have used.
The quality of the rooms, the bar and the breakfast is excellent. The staff were very efficient and very helpful.
The Deutsche Museum is a few minutes walk away, the Isar river is across the road, the Hauptbahnhof about 2km away the nearest S bahn or U bahn station abot 5 minutes walk. City centre is about 3km away.
Oktoberfest site is about 15minutes away.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We went to Oktoberfest in Munich and needed a place that didn't cost a fortune. The rooms cost much less than the hotels near the Weisn. (A short taxi ride gets you there quickly.) The rooms were nice clean and roomy. We had a balcony in ours. They have a nice breakfast there as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends