“Simple and clean modern motel”

Motel One Munchen-Garching
Ranked #4 of 67 Munich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The hotel parking was a bit hard to locate - it was right next to the hotel but was not marked in any way. The parking was free.

The metro station is only 50 meters from the hotel. But there are no other services in the walking distance, as the motel is located in the industrial area.

The room was really small, but in excellent condition as the motel seemed brand new. Air conditioning was modern and quiet. The design of the room was nice and there was everything you needed.

The breakfast was 7,50€ per person but was good and worth that.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arttu A

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed here for two nights during a recent trip with another couple. It was a quick taxi ride from the airport (about Euros 43). The hotel accommodated our request for an early check-in, which was great since we had less than a half an hour to freshen up before heading into Munich for the 1:00 Sandemans NewMunich tour. While these modern rooms are small by US standards, they were clean, had comfortable beds, and had everything we needed. The typical German breakfast (not part of room price) was fresh and plentiful, and we got to enjoy it in their outside garden since we had a beautiful sunny day. The metro, which is just steps from the hotel, takes about 20-25 minutes to Marienplatz in the center of town. The personnel at Motel One speak excellent English and were very friendly and helpful. Sixt Car Rental is right around the corner from the hotel, so we didn't pick up our car for two days and saved a lot of money (we were told it's best not to take a car into Munich. The next time I come back to Munich, I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anke T
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed here for a bsns trip. Sufficient. Still pretty new which is a plus. Clean. Rooms are small but I've stayed in smaller in Europe.

No phones in the room which I found weird. You can often feel their efforts to keep the cost and therefore costs down. But it is a good deal.

Minimal food and bar area has limited beverage options. Breakfast was ok not great. Very European spread - breads and meats.

I wouldn't choose to stay here unless I was asked to for work or trying to save $. If so then it's fine.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank saratogamike
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I spent one night in January 2012. The hotel is right next to the U-Bahn staton and bus stop.It is one station to the north of the Allianz Stadium which makes it ideal as a stopover to watch a football match as I did!
The hotel is new and small but cozy. The staff were brusque but efficient. The single room was small but had a queen-sized bed and a perfectly functional bathroom. The room was clean and air-conditioned. Breakfast and wi-fi had to be bought separately but both were well worth it as the breakfast was excellent and wifi connection very good, something never to be taken for granted in every hotel!
I will certainly be visiting this hotel again in March for my next Bayern home game!

Room Tip: Useful after the match as the U-Bahn travels in the opposite direction to central Munich and helps t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed in Motel One for one night with breakfast in Feb 2012.

The Motel is a few metres from the U6 station, next to etap and Ibis hotels. Of the 3, Motel One is clearly the best. Rooms have nice decor and feel more modern, bathroom is nice design, temperature control in the room works nicely, modern flat screen TV with HDMI inputs, plenty of storage space.

Breakfast is buffet style and fine.

As it happens I forgot something in my room, and went back next day to see if it was still there. Pleasant and helpful lobby staff made a bit of an effort, and after a few minutes my item was located and returned to me.

The location next to a U-Bahn station is ideal for those who dont need or wish to stay in the centre of Munich.

S&L

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SadAndLonely
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Great as always Motel One. Clean, fresh and modern rooms. Very nice shower and bathroom. All you really need for a good night. Nice lobby with free unlimited internet access. I usually chose the option excluding breakfast to have the choice of eating breakfast where ever you like.

But be aware of parking your car outside the hotel. I am always saving money by not using the hotel parking and usually no problems but at this hotel I got a screw in one of my tires of my car. So be aware if you park your car outside the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrei B
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Stayed here for one night (December 3). Booked online at the Motel One website for two double rooms with queen beds. Arrived early (12:30 pm) and was given Room 110. Our other friends were given Room 107. When we checked in, I confirmed the reservation was for two double rooms with queen beds per the website. The rooms were pretty tight with a fairly tight but modern bathroom. We both found only one towel in each room, so we asked the maids for extra towels. I had a problem with my heating system and the manager quickly arrived to fix it.
The train is literally a one minute walk behind the hotel. We caught the train for the 15 minute ride into Munich and returned back to our rooms late at night. We noticed that the comforter was very small and we ended up sleeping with about half our bodies covered. It was not a good night. Also, the beds are VERY, VERY firm (i.e. hard).
The next morning, my wife made a comment to the front desk person about our room. She went up and, after walking in our room, said that the rooms we were given were single rooms. Even though the room size is the same, the beds are larger with TWO comforters. She apologized but said her manager was not in, took my phone number, and said he would call me.
The breakfast was very good even though you pay extra.
I never received a phone call from the manager, so we stopped back by the hotel on our way back to Munich and spoke to the male manager on duty. He basically kept making excuses and tried to blame us, saying we should have known that there should have been two comforters instead of one large comforter like we are used to in the United States. He would not make any adjustment for the room following our bad night. He finally refunded our breakfast after my friend threatened to handle the situation by contacting American Express after our return to the US. He was also the same manager who had fixed our heating system, so he should have known immediately when he walked into our room that we were put in a single room.
Make sure when you stay here that you confirm the room is in fact a double room. Tthe key is two towels and two comforters.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends