“Couldn't ask for a better tour!”
Review of MP Tours

MP Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$78.61*
and up
Neuschwanstein Castle Day Trip from Munich with Optional Hohenschwangau Castle...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Michael Lasher, founder of the famous Mike's Bike Tours of Munich, has 22 years of experience as a tour guide in and beyond Munich. Born on Long Island in 1967, Mike and his senior tour guides Siggi and Hunter are undoubtably a Ing. the best tour guides in Munich for private excursions in and out of town. Siegmund, who is also the Mike's Bike Tours of Munich Operations Manager and Hunter have both been hosting these tours for 5+ years prior to 2017. We've never had any guests not absolutely LOVE their day out with us and find it hard to imagine how anybody wouldn't. We're experienced, professional, knowledgeable and easy-going guys who are also a pleasure to hold a conversation with on almost any subject beyond the topics of interest regarding tourism in Bavaria, should you be interested, from American football to quantum physics, AGW theory to crop circles, Porsche restoration to tax policy in Germany, American politics - you name it! We are always willing to customize tours at the last minute and on the spot to accommodate your interests or because of the weather or other conditions and promise to send you off as nothing less than VERY happy to have chosen us to be your hosts out in what we affectionately refer to as "our back yard" or throughout Munich. Whether you're a family or part of large group, we can accommodate your desires. We hope to be showing you a fabulous time soon!
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't ask for a better tour!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My friends and I came to Munich and were going to hire a car and do the Neuschwanstein Castle ourselves but after talking with our tour guide, James from Mike's Bike tours we are so glad we didn't! James got us on a private tour with an amazing group of students from America. We didn't only see the Castle we saw multiple other castles and learnt so much more about the history that if we had of done it ourselves we couldn't of possible found out. Our tour guides on the day were Siegmund and Richard and throughout the day were amazing and are so knowledgable! We are so glad that we did Mike's Private tour and would highly recommend it to everyone!!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Raechelle P

Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Exceptional tour”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I am a professor and travel with my students to Munich every year. I have done 4 mikes bike tours and been extremely pleased with them, so I tried the Neuschwanstein Castle tour this year from the same company. All 23 of us LOVED it! Siegmund is amazing as a guide, so knowledgeable, funny, and engaging, and he made the tour the best possible. I plan to do this again next year with another group of students!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Swinder111
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Private Tour to Neuschwanstein Castle”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

In April 2013 I took my mom to Austria and Germany to celebrate a milestone birthday for her. While spending part of our trip in Munich, Germany, I arranged for us to go on a private tour to Neuschwanstein Castle through Mike's Bike Tours. Organizing the day trip was easy, considering that Seigmund, our guide, was very prompt in responding to my inquiries about pricing and availability. On the day of our tour, Seigmund was prompt in picking us up from our hotel, and the car was clean and comfortable. We had a wonderful tour of Bavaria before going to Neushwanstein Castle, stopping at places such as Linderhof Palace and Garmisch, the site of the 1936 Winter Olympics. Seigmund was very informative and personable, and went out of his way to ensure that my mom and I were able to get some spectacular pictures throughout the day. This was a great tour and was one of the highlights of our vacation; I highly recommend it.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MH19842014
Surfers Paradise, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“It doesn't get much better!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Our day trip for 8 people (2 families with adult children) conducted by Siegmund was definitely a highlight of our trip. Booking an expensive tour (and paying 50% deposit up front) is always a risk, but this worked out 100%. Siggi was the ultimate host, and answered all our queries promptly during the pre-booking period. He quickly summed up our group (some first-timers) and adapted our 10 hour day trip accordingly and nothing disappointed us. He was a delight, the mini-van was perfect, and the home made chocolates from his girlfriend was a huge added bonus (she's a keeper - don't let her escape!). We ventured to Neuschwanstein for a magical few hours, and did an incredible hike (that I will long remember) to an area that not everyone can get to in winter (read, very icy path) but it was so worth it and I am so glad that Siggi pushed us past our own fears to conquer it for the "money shot" and photos of our families that will take pride of place for many years to come. Our drive (albeit a little fast at some times) was spectacular - the scenic stops were awesome and long remembered will be our snow ball fight. All in all, I can't fault this service - why would you ever do a tour en masse with the crowds when you can travel in comfort like this - totally worth the price for the personalised service. I can thoroughly recommend this service.

Visited December 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Neuschwantein Castle, Garmisch and Partnach Gorge”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our tour guide Siegmund arrived promptly at our hotel to collect both families for a private tour of Neuschwantein Castle, Garmisch and the ice waterfalls at Partnach Gorge. He was knowledgeable about Bavarian cultural history and he wasn't afraid to take us off the beaten (ice) path, revealing a rare and unique photo opportunity of the fabled 'Disney' castle from the viewing platform suspended high above a gorge located behind the castle.

The drive from Munich to Garmisch was visually jaw dropping and even included a roadside stop for some family shots as well as a cheeky snow ball fight. We arrived at the Partnach Gorge as the sun was setting (it's hard to fit everything in during winter as the days are so short) but the small hike up to the Partnach Gorge was fun and the winding walk up and through the heart of the canyon is breathtaking. We visited the gorge in December and the water falls were frozen solid and this is not a sight to be missed.

For the price (675€) I would have expected parking and entrance fees to have been included but overall we had an amazing day with Ziggy (read Siegmund) and would definitely do it all over again!

Visited December 2013