“Is it the same restaurant we went?”
Review of Vapiano

Vapiano
Ranked #2,385 of 3,975 Restaurants in Munich
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Allright. You don't expect to share the same opinion with the others, but then you have to think, is it the same Vapiano I went last November? The one that it's next to the Ubahn in Bogen Hausen? And you're checking the map and yes that's the one. Then you think that you're pretty unlucky because you have been in Vapiano in Potsdamer Platz in Berlin and you had a very good experience and in Munich was a crap.
So it was Saturday night and I took my son and one of his friends for a quick time out and we went around 10 p.m probably pretty late for Munich standards to Vapiano.
The place was pretty empty and we've ordered 2 pastas for the boys and a pizza for me. At the time we ordered I notice that the kitschen was really very dirty but because we didn't have any other options we've proceeded with our order. My son left most of his pasta and I didn't eat any slice of my pizza. Why that? It was a piece of bread half burned with some ruccola on top and a couple of parmezana (?) slices... If this was a Pizza I am a natural borned Romanese...
Probably because it was the end of the day the place looked really dirty and staff wasn't paying any attention. I can understand that but as a customer I would like to have at least decent conditions when I visit a place that has a casual and friendly reputation. Sorry never again.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Vapiano provides a fresh take on fast food: Italian fare that is fairly authentic, made to order with fresh ingredients, and reasonably priced. Germany shines in manufacturing, but not so much in services. Vapiano bucks the trend.

3  Thank WarmWhite
Reviewed 10 May 2012

An Italian restaurant with different types of pasta and sauces with a good price. It is a pity that the branch and Füunfhof does not an elevator or ramp. A must when we have children.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

This is Italian fast food - but not really fast food type. The setting is very relaxed. The system very simple - look at a menu, place your order, and they add it to the card that they give you at entry - and once you are done eating, just pay the balance on the card.

The food was excellent - we ordered Pizzas (Diavlo and Toscana) and both were great. The salads were good as well. You can pick fresh herbs from the table to add to your meal.

The sitting is very nice because it feels bright and open. There is no rush as you may feel in other places. We really enjoyed our lunch (and I did say that the food was good).

And its not very expensive.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I visited Vapiano with my boyfriend for a casual dinner as we were both interested in the concept of using chip cards to order individual elements of your meal at separate stands before finally paying on your way out. In practice, it was a little stressful to stand waiting in a disorganised queue before a hot kitchen until you have ordered and your pasta is cooked. The pizza is organised differently with "buzzers" to let you know when your pizza is ready, which means that if ordering separate dishes, diners must wait for their friends to receive their meal before tucking in.

The food itself was decent; pasta in lobster sauce with shrimps was tasty though not incredibly exciting and the bruschetta pizza was enjoyable but lacked much flavour. The wine and beer were good, though ordering these required a trip to yet another counter, which meant carrying a lot of food and drinks on a single tray, or leaving things alone at the table. All in all, we had a passable meal but as interesting as Vapiano's concept was, we definitely missed the table service. The clientele is mostly a young professional after-work crowd and the atmosphere is lively.