“Another fantastic trip to Munich”

Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen
Ranked #18 of 390 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 27 December 2011

If you go to Munich, this is the best place to stay. It is in the perfect location and has a wonderful spa to escape the busy Christmas markets. The price is worth it for the location. And if you can't stay be sure to go to the lobby and see the crystal decorated christmas tree. Love love love it! We'll be back next year.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The_traveler_1979
Write a ReviewReviews (1,904)

Reviewed 17 December 2011

My mother and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Vier Jahreszeiten, this was our first stay at the hotel.
The hotel is in a fabulous location within easy walking distance of the Marienplatz, historical buildings, shops, bars and restaurants and the famous Christmas market.
The staff throughout the hotel were pleasant, helpful and courteous in particular the staff on reception.
We were allocated a room on the 6th floor, which had not been rennovated, however, the room was of a good size, immaculately clean and furnishings and fittings were in excellent repair. The room had ample storage and a good sized bathroom with separate bath and shower. The room was serviced twice a day.
Our only complaint regarding the room was it was situated directly under where rennovation work was being carried out and the noise from this lasted 10 - 12 hours a day.
Reception did apologise and gave us complimentary breakfast as some compensation for the disturbance. The breakfast was very good with a wide range of choices to suit every taste.
As with previous reviewers we found the atmosphere in the lobby wonderful, the lobby was full and vibrant throughout the day. the hotel itself has an understated elegance.
We also utilised the pool and spa which was excellent and provide you with wonderful views across the city.
On refection if we were to return to the hotel during the continued rennovations we would request a room away from the rennovation noise.
The only reason that we have awarded 4 stars rather than 5stars is due to the rennovation noise, otherwise we would have awarded 5 stars.
We hope to return to the hotel soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank M&GM-TRIP
WebVierjahreszeiten, Director of Sales at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding your note about noise due to renovation, we totally understand your complaint. We do our utmost to minimize the disturbance however unfortunately they cannot be eliminated completely.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warmest regards

The Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich Team

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I've stayed a few times in this year in the hotel and was very satisfied with the services offered. The staff is one of the most attentive and friendliest I have ever experienced. The hotel itself is located in the city center in the gorgeous shopping mile Maximilianstrasse. You will be charmed with the classic furnishing of the lobby reminding the old glory of the time of Maximilian. I have booked a single room and got a newly renovated well equipped´spacious room with a flatscreen TV set. My last stay here was during the Oktoberfest. I've decided to have a drink at the bar and was met with a very nice atmosphere and superb live music. The cocktails were also outstanding, the price according to the hotel... I would come back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I was just on a business trip to Munich and stayed at the Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski for the first time.Xmas in Munich is wonderful to begin with, but the atmosphere in the lobby of the hotel was wonderful. The service as could be expected in a hotel of this category and best of all, the breakfast buffet, as good as anything I have ever had. The only drawback was the room size, a little smaller than expected for the price and as does happen in many hotel in Europe, the heating was too hot and could not control it from my room so I just slept with the windows open.
If you are traveling alone, the rooms to order are the single rooms on the 5th floor with a balcony, very comfortable and just being able to sit outside was wonderful.
Overall a great hotel with great location and staff.
As far as I am concerned, I will definitely return on my next trip to Munich

Room Tip: If traveling alone, single rooms on the 5th floor with balconies, just great! I stayed in room 550 a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The location of the hotel is convenient, the lobby is nice and modern, the service was good and friendly. All went well until we opened the room door and entered… Everything was so old that I could not believe my eyes. The TV was not working well (constant static) and the TV itself looked like it was from middle ages. Our curtains had big holes in them and the room was so tiny that I felt like a Gulliver. It depressed us to think that we had to stay for entire 3 nights in this decrepit room… The rooms need urgent renovation, especially for the price that we paid. We would have been better off going to a 3 star hotel…

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Veronica_ML
WebVierjahreszeiten, Director of Sales at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear Veronica_ML,

First of all we would like to thank you for your review and your comments & constructive feedback. We really understand your disappointment with our product. As you might have noticed, the renovation work is already in process.

We deeply regret that you have had an unpleasant experience while staying at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich.

Yours sincerely,
The Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich Team

Reviewed 20 November 2011

I am going to start my review talking about my room:
I guess I was lucky to get one of the remodeled rooms, because the room I stayed was very luxurious and cozy, with high tech electrical ligthing and switches, the bathroom even had a built-in flat screen tv in the mirror.
The breakfast buffet was very good. We had some german friends over for breakfast and they also liked the buffet selection, wich is good for all tastes.
Concierge service was great, We had to send a packed suitcase back to our country, and they took care of it with no problem.
The LOCATION is just superb, walking distance to many of the main historical sites in Munich and the sightseeing buses (hop on, hop off) stop few step from the hotel
It was my first time in Munich but I am already planning on going back next year, and for sure I will stay again in this Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to get one of the renewed rooms
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank genovevaK
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Firstly we have stayed here for years when we visit an exhibition. We have always stayed here as we felt this was a very good 5star hotel.
I can honestly say that I will never stay here again
When we booked in we had a friendly conversation with the receptionist and mentioned that we loved the hotel and we had stayed here for a few years.she basically called me a liar and said she had no record of my stays. I pointed out that Previous bookings were in my husbands name and I had made the booking this year as my husband had just had an operation. You would have thought that they would coordinate a husband and wife on their system.
Next we were shown to our room. My husband was limping due to his operation and i think we mentioned that this was the first trip without his crutches. We were taken on a trek down back stairs and it was explained the the hotel was being renovated. This was the first mention of this. My husband was clearly having some trouble with the back stairs but we were eventually shown our room- room 140
This must be the shoddiest room in the hotel in need of decoration and the baths enamel was cracked.
I could not believe it and promptly phoned reception to complain. Once again I was challenged on whether I was a long standing customer and quizzed on the condition of my husband and the bath. I had to fight to have another room offered but eventually got one on the second floor. No apology was given, I just felt as though I had been a huge inconvenience. I have always sung the praises of this hotel to friends but now i will inform them
differently

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank carolholmes
WebVierjahreszeiten, Director of Sales at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear “carolholmes”,

We would like to personally thank you for your comments. We understand your disappointment with our product and the service provided to you, and would like to thank you for your constructive feedback. We appreciate receiving feedback from our guests, even if it is of a critical nature, as this is the only way we can truly assess our guests’ needs, and continuously improve our service.

Please accept our sincere apologies that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us. In order for us to follow up with you please kindly contact our General Manager Mr. Axel Ludwig at +49 89 2125 0 referring to this review.

We would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. We would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you back to Munich.

Yours sincerely,