“Partnering Duerer with high-tech rooms and perfect location”

Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen
Ranked #20 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 23 January 2014

it's been a decade since I stayed here- and the improvements are impressive! the rooms are decorated in simple, sensual luxury. there is no visual fussiness- passage and even bedroom walls have been wallpapered with details of the memorable artists of the last 5 centuries. it creates a wonderful fairytale ambience to those, who appreciate such wit. the rooms have the latest lighting technology- the shower has rainbow lights, which change colour, if you wish. whilst the restaurant is memorable at all times of day- the boullabaise is renowned, roomservice is as delicious as one would expect. breakfast is sensational- even for those with every food intolerance in the alphabet. an Asian corner of delicacies takes care of a big appetite. then of course there is high-tea in the foyer with the daintiest macaroons...the location is perfect for business, shopping and the touristy Marienplatz. great hotel.

Room Tip: try not to go for a single room, it is and feels small. make sure you understand, where your lift is...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrea R
There are newer reviews for Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Elegant hotel just a few steps away from some of the best shopping in all of Munich. RIght on the the main drag -- were all of the high-end shops are. Nicely done lobby and elegant rooms. The only negative is that the bathrooms -- while fantastically beautiful -- aren't very functional. The shower leaked all over the floor every time we used it. However, it was really a site to behold, that's for sure. Oh yeah, be sure to check out the pool at night. Really cozy.

Room Tip: we were in the newer part of the hotel, if I'm not mistaken. We had a nice quiet room looking ou...
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I think I just had a one-off bad experience, because This is a great hotel (at least in terms of location) run by a professional company, but that doesn't excuse the fact that things went wrong ... though in fairness when I complained they apologised and deducted the minibar total from the bill.

Checkin was a little chaotic - I had to wait for the room and it kept getting delayed. Staff seem overwhelmed and the was long queues and little evidence of Managers bringing in extra staff to help.

My luggage took an age to appear and I had to chase - twice.

My room was ok - though on the 6th floor so ceiling height was lower, the bathrooms were dated and there was no tea/coffee making facilities. The Bed was comfortable

Staff were helpful - though see my earlier comments about checkin.

Breakfast was buffet style and very good though the hotel was very busy and the tables are very close to gather so not exactly restful.

Gym was adequate though small, but the Pool and Spa area was good.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on anything but the 6th floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
WebVierjahreszeiten, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski München team, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write about the unfortunate incidents you experienced during your recent stay with us.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and can guarantee that the service you received is not what should be expected from the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich

Kind regards
Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich Team

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the Christmas period. The location was perfect for us - walking distance to pubs, restaurants, shops and transport. The hotel concierge were fantastic at helping us make this a special trip before we even arrived. Rooms were beautiful. The restaurant was pricey but if you can afford it was worthy. I am a natural complainer but I can't think of a thing to fault.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank DMJ1980
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have stayed in this hotel for the last three years when we visit Munich for the Christmas Markets. The hotel has an ideal location, within walking distance of the main square in Munich. The interior is beautifully decorated, including the rooms. Our room was very clean, immaculate furnishings and the shower was fantastic. My favorite is the christmas tree in the lobby of the hotel. On previous visits we enjoyed having drinks or afternoon tea by this tree - this visit whatever time of day, there were no available seats. We were surprised by how busy the hotel was - on the Saturday night we could not get a table in the restaurant despite being hotel guests. I wonder if the hotel could show preference to hotel guests as opposed to general visitors.

I would recommend the breakfast in the restaurant - the buffet has an incredible selection - including Champagne.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Absolutely lovely hotel ! We stayed here when Manchester City played and we went and watched them win !!

Had a fabulous time and is perfectly situated in Munich - fantastic Christmas Markets and the bars are fab !!

Rooms lovely and staff very helpfully and friendly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I was very uncertain about choosing this hotel as I was unfamiliar with the chain. I was ultimately very impressed. The lobby bar was inviting and elegant. Our room was small for the price but so beautifully decorated that it was not noticeable. The shower was amazing...black marble with a "rain forest" effect that included a dim switch with a light show. We did have a major problem with the lights- they wouldn't turn on- and the hotel fixed this every time we called but I would have preferred a permanent solution as it was bothersome to call every time we needed lights. The staff is young but very well trained. The concierge was excellent. I will certainly use this hotel chain again if its available to me. I'd rank them with the Four seasons.