“Cosmopolitan”
Review of City Hotel

City Hotel
Ranked #219 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel was basic but clean, comfortable and represented good value for money.
It is tucked down a side street in a good location being 2-3 minutes from the main railway station and 5-10 minutes from the MarienPlatz square. It was quiet at night and the staff were very friendly.
Be aware however, that the streets around the hotel are very cosmopolitan and there are a number of lap dancing bars/strip clubs nearby. Having said this my wife and I never felt threatened when returning to the hotel at night following our evening meal.
I wouldn't have a problem returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for City Hotel

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I've been in this hotel for a 3-day business trip, and I can tell that the rooms are very clean. The breakfast is good enough - nothing exceptional. The location is excellent - only a block away from Munich Central Station and a few blocks away from Marienplatz, Karlsplatz and the biergartners. A simple hotel - not a luxury one, but it is very fairly priced.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Edson Y
Reviewed 17 December 2013

So we just picked a hotel that was close to the center city so we could get around. We weren't expecting much but this hotel wasn't that bad.

The front desk was very friendly and the bell boy/man helped us with the underground parking.

We stayed in RM 237 on a Monday night and it was clean but simple. It could have been a lot worse for being a 3 star hotel. Price of 96 euro is a bit high, but I think you are paying for the location, it's not even a 5 min walk from the Hauptbahnhof.

Went to see the TollWood market and had fun there.

Breakfast was decent and now we are off to see some sights of Munich. The hotel is even letting us keep our car here until 1500, so that is cool.

Overall, if you need a place right near the Haupbahnhof, this is your place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GermanMbrock
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Well this is the story:by my mistake i was looking the ``Flemmings Munich city hotel`` and i booked to this one !How can it be such a wrong booking?I typed ``munich city hotel`` to booking com and the site drove me to this unbeleivable BAD hotel.Anyway you have to pay ,so next time be more carefull.And i did.I payed the 80% of the whole booking and run out of this property.Why that?It`s a stinking, dirty ,reenking,odoring hole.To get to the entrance you have to ask the people at the doorstep to go to the side.Can you imagine what kind of (female) people,and what kind of dealers,eh?I can`t write it in public but you can quess.Yes,it`s exactly what you thought!Anyway we stepped in (i was travelling with my wife),where we faced a ruthless,kindless lady at the front desk,who hardly talked to us.We asked to see the room,before we checked in,we did after passing a dirty,bad smelling dark corridor.The room was beyond any nightmare,smelling smoke and something else(?),no soundproof at all,the noise from the ``red district``road in front of the hotel was INSIDE the room,and the bathroom was like public toilets.Off course we left at once,payed first whwt i had to(just to be more carefull next time!).For anyone who is wondering ,yes we went finally to ``Flemmings``-great hotel>>read my review.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miltoschios
Reviewed 6 November 2013

stayed for 3 nights in October! hotel was clean and staff was helpful.
good location 5 mins walk from central station. and short walk into the main shopping area.
lots of strip clubs and casinos near by!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank junior424242
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel has some pluses - mainly the location (less than a block from the main railway station) and the staff - who really do their best. The breakfast (included) is fine. But I'm afraid it's overpriced for the actual rooms and the area. The rooms are clean, but not terribly soundproof with inconsistent hot water and soft beds.The wifi drops out fairly regularly but it is included in the price. And the location, while close to the railway station is seedy to say the least. The rooms on the front of the hotel are exposed to all night party noise, so if you do stay, make sure you ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. I will likely be returning to Munich next year so I had a look around at what else is available (I booked this hotel online months ago) and was surprised how much more I could have bought with my euros. Just use the incredibly efficient u bahn to go one stop past the main railway station and you'll get a better area at a better price. Despite the best efforts of the staff, they really can't make up for this many minuses.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank janebieger
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Recently a group of us stayed here for a few nights to visit Oktoberfest. In terms of location for walking to Oktoberfest it's great. The rooms are obviously more expensive at this time but it is manageable depending on you budget. The walk to the grounds is a 5-10 minute trip. The surrounding area doesn't seem suitable for children because of the strip clubs and casinos but if you don't mind the scenery the location doesn't feel sketchy; at no time did anyone in our group ever feel uncomfortable. The rooms are a decent size with a little bathroom with an enclosed shower. The beds are not too bad either. The hotel has air conditioning and you don't hear the street noise from below. The best part is the complimentary breakfast. The only bad part was that the mini fridge hadn't been checked between guests and the beer bottles had been opened and drained and there was something dried on the bottles and the inside of the fridge. But the staff was good about getting it quickly taken care of. Overall, I would consider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends