“Average hotel with good location”
Review of Zur Post Hotel

Zur Post Hotel
Ranked #159 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Average hotel with good location”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

It`s a good hotel for a few nights. The rooms are clean and simply furnished but I didn`t like the floor. The parquet, I think, is not appropriate for hotel rooms.
When we arrived at the reception was a man who wasn`t so kind to tell us that we have 15 minutes to think about using or not the underground parking. He forced us to pay the tax for the parking without leaving us the opportunity to choose not to use this extra. For me this is a good example for how one non-professional can destroy the good name of such place.
The breakfast area is very nice, sunny and cozy. There were delicious muffins / buns.
If there wasn`t this man would give a better rate to this place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Unremarkable two days business stay, without much to say positive or negative. If you come from the airport, it is conveniently located some 5 mn from the train station, which is linked to the departure/arrivals terminal (around 10€ trip, so right on the money). Otherwise, staff were young and friendly, the bar is well stocked with several draft beer types (it´s Germany after all) and the breakfast choices are perhaps too versed on the fat side. Rooms are relatively large (more than Ibis chain), and the bathroom really too claustrophobic to my liking. Also to notice on the downside the poor choice of Tv channels, pratically all in german. Finally, if you´re in for sightseeing, it isn´t a prime pick as it is located quite far fome city center.

Room Tip: Preferably away from lifts, more noisy
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Roy J
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was there with a family during the chrisrmas hollidays. Very good value for money. Hotel is 3 min away from S-Bahn so we left our car in the hotel garage entire time of staying. The City-Centre is just 10 min away with the train.
Very nice personell! Clean room. A little bit old equipmnent but it did not boder. Breakfast buffet with wide choice of good food.
This hotel will certainly be our choice when we return to Munich.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AnzeG
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 10 days whilst participating an exhibition. Most was average, reception girls not very professional. The rooms were small but convenient. Breakfast was acceptably ok and we also had dinner their where the quality was good.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Vasos D
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was on a business trip this weeks and I stayed there, cuz it was close to the office. In general good location. Staff was friendly and gave me map of the area : ) - which helped me a lot. Lovely breakfast.
However a few minuses in my double room:

1. No air conditioner
2. No balcon
3. Only 2 hangers in the wardrobe
4. I think they have issues with the pillows :) ok! I had 2 pillows in my bed - one extremely huge and one extremely small .

In general - I can recommend it !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank damin888
ireland
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights while in the area on business. It's a basic hotel but has everything a person would need.
A single room (tiny) is clean and the bathroom has everything you would require.
The breakfast is very nice and I had dinner in the hotel on one night and that was ok as well .
If you are staying here and looking for nightlife in the area then I would stay elsewhere .. I wasn't so it suited me fine.
I will return.

• Stayed June 2013
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Booked late and expected nothing but this was a very pleasant surprise. Traditional Bavarian uniforms great German food and a lovely experience! Biggest hotel room I've ever stayed in! would stay again.

Stayed June 2013