“AWESOME”

112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 262 helpful votes
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I'm 14 and I was there when I was 10. It was a great experience, fee is low, museum is awesome!!!!! It is interesting and it brings good memories and you actually learn a lot from it, I'd definitely reccomend it to anyone <3

Visited November 2012
5 Thank dora4444

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Munich, Germany
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Go here with kids only”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

I live in Munich. we go here at least once a year.

You visit Castle "Scloss" Nymphenburg and have Kids? After or before you finished looking at it go to the Museum Mensch und Natur.

It is in a side part of the Castle, only approx 100 Meters from the main entrance. Your Child or Children should be between 5 to 13/14

It takes about 1 to 3 houres, depending on how long you want to spend at the indivdual exhibitions. Here you can leant a lot about the earth

You will learn about the earths coming into existance with cristals, stones etc
You will see how the body functions
Which seed belongs to which tree or flower
Which animal is active at night,which eats what etc
Very educating

All of this is presented in riddles and games.

The place is quite alive and interactive. There are quite some audios and you can touch and experience things.

No kids? Go there if it is raining. Otherwise I would rather walk the garden of the castle.

There is a little restaurant in the ground floor. Not worth going though.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Familie_unterwegs
Carrboro, NC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great museum... If you know German”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

This looked like a really interesting museum that would be great for kids. There were exhibits about geology, the history of the earth, evolution, and modern genetics. And they clearly went to great pains to make it a place where kids could learn things without getting bored without "dumbing down" the exhibits so much that adults wouldn't get anything out of it.

The one big problem when I visited was that all the signs and exhibits were in German. I have some knowledge of German, but I'm far from fluent, so I could only get the basic gist of most of the displays. This was unfortunate, because I'm sure it would have been an interesting museum if I had been able to understand the signs and displays. However, I'm forced to give it an average rating at the moment. I would recommend this museum to anyone with an interest in science museums and knowledge of German, but I would not recommend the museum to anyone who does not speak German.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank EDBair
Sydney, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Go see this it gives you a real feel of Bavarian history and culture, and culture and history is what Germany is about

Visited August 2011
Nicosia, Cyprus
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Yes ... Go there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My children were enthousiastic after the visit and this means a lot! Great museum about us, the humans, the environment, the nature and planet Earth. More english labelling is necessary to upgrade further the place. A must visit in Munich!

Visited April 2012