“The food is Excellent”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Yes I read that some people said it was pricy. Again, back to what I always say....you get what you pay for. I felt, after spending a lot of time living in Lebanon, this was the real deal. Thank you for the delicious mezze platter, the kebabs and the atmosphere on the patio. Your rice can use more love but I would definitely make a point of coming here again the next time I am in Munchen.

3  Thank SavvyTraveler738
There are newer reviews for Cedar lounge

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Great quality food and large enough portions. Had a late lunch here. We ordered the mixed appetizer for 4 people which we barely finished as there was some much of it. Service was very good and great atmosphere. Just a bit overpriced.

Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by the Westin staff as one frequented by their Arabic clients, so that sounded promising. The restaurant has nice seating outside which would be great during other times of the year and had a market as well.

I had some nice red wine from Lebanon that complimented my meal well. I ordered the vegetarian mezze platter which was great and had baba ganoush, hummus, falafel, two types of pastry stuffed with spinach and tabbouleh. I had been wanting this for days since I arrived in Europe and it really hit the spot.

My entree was a grilled lamb dish where the lamb slices had a little sauce on them and were served over a well-seasoned rice. Overall a really tasty dish. For dessert, I had an orange blossom custard which was very refreshing.

After dinner, I asked to buy one of the fantastic looking pears they had on display and the owner was kind enough to give it to me, a kind gesture. I had it at 4:00 am the next morning and it was fantastic.

Overall, a nice dining experience: not fancy but good food and prices. I'll definitely go back again next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Libanese food is usually pretty tasty – this version of libanese food is pretty average. The lunch menu for EUR 9.50 was a “Kufta platter Pharaon – minced beef meat on a slice of potato, of tomato and of pepper with fresh tomato sauce cooked in the stove with basmati rice on the side”. It came together with a vegetable soup. The vegetable soup is pretty okay as it actually had quite some vegetables.

The main dish was okay. It didn’t have much to do with what I’ve experienced so far as being Libanese food. At least the portion was big enough so you wouldn’t have to re-order.

We went for humus on the side (EUR 5.50). The humus was okay but I have had much better humus in restaurants in Dubai as well as in Zurich. The pita bread which came with it was also pretty dull.

The dishes weren’t really a relevation – actually more food to stuff your stomache so you won’t be hungry in the afternoon while working. What was absolutely delicious though – surprisingly enough – were the dates which were served with the bill. Honestly, just super-delicious!

The waiters are friendly but tend to forget parts of the order (we had to ask twice for our humus we’ve ordered in the beginning). Also, compared to other lunch places around there, the kitchen (or the waiters) are pretty slow. The atmosphere of the place is okay. It looks nice and clean but is pretty boring too.

Overall, the Restaurant Cedar Lounge is a place where you might consider going for a coffee and then hope to get the dates with the bill (as they were truly great). Otherwise, well, there are other options around that area which are more recommendable.

1  Thank TheDiningExperience
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We have been at the hotel Arabella Park that is just 100m from the restaurant and since we love Lebanese food decided to go for a lunch/dinner.

Everything in restaurant was very new and nicely decorated in Arabic style as it should be for Lebanese restaurant. Food choice was very good and catered even for people that are generally not so keen on traditional Lebanese food.

Hummos, Arabic bread and pickled vegetables were excellent for starter then we ordered mixed grill for us two and grilled chicken with rice for our daughter (which was not on menue, but it was not a problem to get). Portions were plenty and very tasty!

After that I ordered a sheesha (which was very nice to have in middle of Munich hehe), Arabic coffee and some additional home-made mint lemonade (recommend!) and our daughter got free ice cream and lolly.

After all very nice experience, stuff was very friendly and food was very good. We paid ~100EUR for all together which is not really on the budget side, so we went there only once.