Rilano 24/7 Muenchen City
Hotel Royal(Munich)
Hotel S16(Munich)
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsminute walkclean hotelroom designfrom central train stationbig bedtoilet and showeroktoberfest groundsother hotelswi fiprivacyneighborhoodschillerstrassecitydodgywalkablegermanfestival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I think this is an excellent place to stay if you want somewhere in central Munich. We had some problems in our trip and ended up staying in three different hotels around the Hauptbahnhof, and this was the best by a very long way.

The rooms are nicely designed by someone with an eye for style. It's minimalist, but relaxing. The beds and towels are luxurious, the shower powerful, and I liked the patch of underfloor heating beneath the washbasin.

Other reviewers have commented that the shower and toilet are in the main room, rather than in a separate bathroom. The toilet is surrounded by frosted glass; the shower is partially frosted. I guess this may not be so attractive if you're staying with more distant friends or colleagues.

My only comment to management is that the lobby is a bit of a disaster - it's tacky and uncomfortable and I can't imagine anyone ever wishing to sit down there. It's odd this is so badly designed when the rest of the hotel is so well done.

Nevertheless I'd totally recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank edd54
Stefanie M, Manager at Rilano 24/7 Muenchen City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear edd54,

thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to read that you had a great stay at the Rilano 24|7 Hotel München City.

In all rooms the shower is surrounded by glass - there are a few without frosted glass. But normally we check the guest´s preferences in advance.

Thank you for your comment regarding our lobby - it would be helpful for us if you could give us more details. Is it uncomfortable, loud, etc.?

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon at one of our Rilano Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed there one night while I was in Munich for business. I needed a place close to the station and was a bit weary at first since the aera around Munich Hauptbahnhof is quite dodgy (red-light district). I also didn't want to splash out for what was meant a short trip and a short night. I have to say that I am very pleased to have chosen the Rilano 24/7 - for what I wanted it did an excellent job. The place is easy to find, it's functional, it's clean, checkin and chekout was a breeze, and I had an excellent night of sleep in a very comfortable bed.
If you are looking for a place with a bit of luxury, amenities, spa and large breakfast buffet this is not the place for you - however, if you want it quick, easy and very reasonably-priced, I can highly recommend the Rilano. Well done for providing good and cheap accomodation!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank EllaInTheSky

Dear EllaInTheSky,

thank you for your positive feedback. Great to read that you were happy staying with us!

The neighbourhood offers some adult´s entertainment - but don´t worry - the area is absolutely save.

Rilano 24|7 stands for an excitingly fresh, creative, unconventional and pleasurable hotel experience. For the perfect night’s sleep The Rilano Hotels & Resorts have worked together with a renowned bed manufacturer to develop a unique bed and mattress concept. In addition to the quality mattress, the XXL covers are immediate eye-catchers.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

This hotel is very good value. If I return to Munich I will stay there again. It is very very clean which is great. The entrance is a bit gaudy and shiny but in a city the objective is not to spend time in the lobby so its doesn't matter. It is very quiet and it was easy to sleep. The bathroom and bedroom are essentially one, some people may not like this as, depending on who you are travelling with, may prefer some privacy but for me this was not an issue. No coffee or tea making facilities, hotel has no restaurant. Charges 9euro for them to bring you breakfast from the bakery across the street. I did not avail of this option.
Some reviews speak of it being in a 'bad part of town', this is true in a way but its not an unsafe part of town and it just a stones throw from the 'good part of town'. Far outweighing the supposed negatives of being near a couple of strip clubs is the benefit of being right beside the train station which is excellent (but not so close that it is noisy). I would recommend this hotel because its comfortable, clean and modern.....and then go spend your money on some good food in some good restaurants whilst in Munich.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eabhamurphy

Dear Eabhamurphy,

thank you for your positive feedback! it is great to read that you had a pleasant stay at our Rilano 24|7 Hotel München City.

It is our newest hotel which was opened in September 2011. This lifestyle hotel with 53 rooms is located in the heart of Munich. Our target group includes business and city travelers with a passion for the very latest in communication technology and design in all our rooms and in the lounge.

During the check-in it is possible to order already your breakfast. It will be delivered at the desired time to your hotel room. For guests who enjoy a wide range of food for breakfast it is possible to reserve a nice table in the bakery next door. Please ask our "Rilano Angel" for any assistance.

The hotel is located in down town Munich with some adult´s entertainment in the neighbourhood. But dont worry - the area is absolut save.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here for business for 4 nights - and it was a pleasure. The hotel is small, and I would say relatively new - so the decor was cool and trendy, with a real focus on functionality. The rooms were a lot bigger than some of the other hotels I've stayed in in Munich in this price range - which was a real plus. And it was immaculately clean......

I particularly liked the layout of the room I had (to the left when you got out of the lift) - which had a decent sized desk located behind the bed, so you could work away and then forget about it once you got into bed. Out of sight, out of mind!

The glass door on the bathroom seemed a bit weird at first - but when you are staying alone its fine....not so sure if you were sharing with a friend (as opposed to a partner). But the shower was fabulous. I want one as good at home!

The staff were very friendly, casual and welcoming. I really liked their laid back / no fuss approach - helpful without being pushy.

A limited breakfast was available on-site, or you could get a voucher for breakfast in a great cafe just across the road. I took that option most mornings - and it really was worth it. Delicious!

The only thing I think was missing was tea / coffee making facilities in the room - you could get them at reception round the clock, but it is nicer to be able to make a cup of tea while you are getting ready in the morning. Small thing though in the scheme of things.

Because it was a work trip I was conscious of safety (staying alone) - but it was fine. The area is 'up and coming' - some nice hotels and cafes interspersed with some dodgy clubs. But it felt very safe. And the hotel felt particularly safe.

Its located very near to the Schillerstrasse entrance to the Hauptbanhof (main station) which is very handy. And there are plenty of shops, restaurants and cafes nearby. There's a great cheap and cheerful Chinese / Vietnamese restaurant on the way to the station of the left hand side.

I will definitely be staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms to the left of the lift facing the back of the hotel have no view - but a nicer room layout! Go for the breakfast voucher in the local cafe - well worth the 1 minute walk!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nicola D
Stefanie M, Manager at Rilano 24/7 Muenchen City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear NicolaD,

thank you for your very positive feedback - great that you enjoyed your stay at the Rilano 24|7 Hotel München City that much.

The hotel is very new - it opened in September 2011. Yes, the hotel is located in the heart of Munich and there is some adult´s entertainment around. But you can be sure - the area is abolutely safe - no reason to worry.

We also have rooms, where the glas walls of the toilets are covered completely with foil - in this case - if you are feeling completely uncomfortable - you can ask for changing the room.

The Rilano 24|7 Hotel München City is our newest hotel and the concept is outstanding and innovative: -> Stylish inventory combined with the newest in technology. Our guests appreciate it very much having the 24|7 Corner in the Lobby instead of a small minibar in all rooms. There our guests find a huge fridge with a wide range of drinks, sweets and snacks. A normal minibar never could offer so many different and exotic products. Regarding the coffee making facilities in the guestroom - you could order some at the reception for a certain time - just let us know the evening before.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend in January 2013. Location was very good, especially for arriving in hauptbahnhof using the S line from the airport. A 5 minute walk will take you to the city center. The hotel is obviously very new, with a modern design. The rooms were spotless and the beds were comfy. The bathroom and room are open plan, our shower had frosted glass on one side for privacy. Overall we have no complaints about this hotel, we felt that the price was good value for location and quality of the room!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emzy_k
Stefanie M, Manager at Rilano 24/7 Muenchen City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear emzy_k,

thank you for your positive feedback and recommendation. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Rilano 24|7 Hotel München City that much.