“Stylish & comfortable hotel”
Review of Marc Munchen

Marc Munchen
Ranked #7 of 390 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in early August.

As others have stated, it is in an excellent location if arriving by train to the main train station. This is also useful for getting the S-bahn or U-bahn around the city or to its outskirts, as well as to the airport. Lots of people mentioned being uncomfortable with the location, but although there were lots of people hanging around, it wasn't a problem. The street has other hotels/youth hostels, so there are other people around and it is well-lit. It's certainly not a pretty area, but it never felt unsafe. It is about a 15 minute walk to Marienplatz.

As for the hotel, it is clear that it has been recently refurbished. The style is very modern, but still very comfortable. The beds were good quality, the bathroom was clean and spacious and the air-conditioning worked well. There were plenty of plug-sockets for charging electronic devices. The wi-fi was very patchy on our first day, but it improved after that. The hotel was very quiet. It was only at breakfast time that you realised how busy it really was!

The breakfast was excellent. The dining room was spacious & stylish and the staff were very efficient and unobtrusive. There was a very good selection of food, both hot and cold and plenty of variety. The food was continually refilled, so that there was plenty for everyone, no matter how close to the end of breakfast. The hotel also has a water fountain in the lobby which was useful for refilling water bottles.

Overall, it was a great hotel & I would happily stay there again, if visiting Munich.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
marcmuenchen, Leiter Front Office at Marc Munchen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback. I am glad you describe the hotel’s vicinity as central, convenient and not unsafe at all.
Our hotel was renovated complete and re-opened in August 2012, so, yes, everything is quasi brand-new. We put great emphasis into design and we are happy you like the outcome very much. Thank you for your compliment!
Breakfast is supposed to be one of the most important meal of the day, therefore we include it into all our rates and thank you for your feedback!

We hope you will come to Munich some time again, Munich has so much to see and is always worth a trip! Then we are looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel marc****.

Kind regards
Veronika Fruth and the hotel marc munich**** team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The best hotel I stayed during the two-week holidy in Gernany. Very good location - close to central station and a great Italian restaurant just around the corner. The lobby and room are quite and clean with good tast decoration. The staff are very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
marcmuenchen, Leiter Front Office at Marc Munchen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Jianing,
we love your kind comment on being the best hotel during your whole Germany trip! Thank you for your very kind review.
Our hotel was renovated complete and re-opened in August 2012 only, so everything is quasi brand-new! We are happy you like the outcome and design.

Should you come back to Germany and Munich again, we certainly hope to welcome you back in our hotel marc****.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Excellent hotel close to the main train station. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've ever had in a hotel, certainly in this price bracket. Reliable high-speed WiFi included in room rate. The hotel is nice and new. The only possible drawback is the area being a bit dodgy with some curious characters hanging around the streets, being so close to the station (why do European train stations attract so many weirdos?), but the hotel itself is safe and secure. I pass through Munich a lot and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
marcmuenchen, Leiter Front Office at Marc Munchen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Grüß Gott Chris,
We are happy you enjoyed the best breakfast buffet you ever had in hotel with us! Thank you very much for your great compliment.

I hope you found you new base in Munich with us and we are already looking forward to your future stays in our house!

Regards

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is located really close the main station which great for transport links such as the trams,u-bahn and s-bahn. Stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed out stay. The room was clean and nice and quiet overlooking the inner courtyard. The breakfast was really good with a great spread. The furnishing and aesthetics of the hotel were great and the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank you for your smashing review! We are happy you were enjoyed yourself in our hotel marc**** and were profiting from the central location of our house: most sights are in walking distance + you have the best connections for public transport as well as national and international trains at the Munich Center Station.
Thank you for your kind words towards our staff, too. Even if self-evidently we are happy you found it mentionable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and do hope you won’t be too long!

Best regards

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I arrived to Munich by train which made it extremely easy to access the hotel. However, as many others have said before, the people around the hotel are questionable and while nothing was ever said or done to me, I was very uncomfortable coming and going from the hotel. When I asked the front desk upon check-in if the hotel was safe, the man laughed at me and said, "Everybody asks that." I however didn't get an answer. If you can look past the people outside, the hotel is quite nice. The decor was great, both in the lobby and in the room. My room was a great size, bed comfortable, room was very quiet. They are very into scents at the hotel so there were diffuser sticks in the bathroom and spray for your pillows to help you sleep. I am someone who doesn't like to have my room cleaned while I am traveling so I asked for my room not to be cleaned and was told that was impossible, they must be allowed in. I have never had that happen before. I let them in one day out of the 5 I was there. The wifi while free was not great. I lost connections often, sometimes within a minute of logging on. There was also a filter on their system and it denied me access to a People Magazine story. There was nothing inappropriate about the article in anyway that would deem it blockable. That was a first for me in any hotel.
Breakfast was fantastic, huge spread, lots of choices, something for everyone.
I like to walk rather than take subways and trams everywhere. I was easily able to walk everywhere I needed to go.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank malakialj

Dear guest,
Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay in our hotel marc**** itself very much.
You are right, the area around the hotel, respectively the Main Train Station, is not Munich’s best, but I believe this is the same case in all big cities. I am sorry you felt uncomfortable in the hotel’s surroundings, but I want to assure you there is no need to really, Munich is a very safe city, one of the safest in Europe. Please forgive my colleague from front desk for his “joke”, I am sure it was not offered in the right moment. Though what he meant is only is the same I told you just now: Munich is safe, in all parts. Furthermore, you can leave this certain part behind you in a 5 minutes’ walk to the pedestrian area; there Munich is showing herself from her best side! Anyways you can do most sights by foot, thanks to the central location of our house, as you already mentioned.
Thank you for understanding that we need to check the rooms during a guests stay, especially when staying 5 nights, which is rather a long time regarding city hotels.
Me, too, do not understand the blockade of “People Magazine story”, I will forward this to IT, they should check and thank you very much for this notice.

We hope to be your first choice in hotels again for future Munich visits. We would be happy to be able to welcome you soon again.

All the best and kind regards

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Good location. Even though our room was overlooking the street it was quiet at night. Lovely clean spacious rooms. Excellent breakfast-lots of fresh fruit and lots of choice. Staff very nice! Would definitely stay again next time we are in Munich

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
marcmuenchen, Leiter Front Office at Marc Munchen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your lovely review! We are happy everything was fine and you enjoyed your stay in our hotel marc**** including our tasty breakfast buffet.
All our rooms have very good and new (2012) sound proof windows, as well as air condition. Guests staying with us in rooms facing the street should not have any problems with street noise despite being located right at the Main Train Station.

We definitely are looking forward to welcoming you back in Munich and our hotel marc****!

Best regards

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at the Marc Muenchen in July. Our room was comfortable and clean and air conditioned with a very modern bathroom. I cannot say enough about the breakfast bar - plenty of choices for every taste and all was extremely good!!! The staff was friendly. Easy walk to the train station, and to the Marionplatz area. We had a wonderful stay. Well worth the price.

Room Tip: We had an upgraded room - very comfortable and modern.