Platzl Hotel
US$95
US$87
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$80
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
KING's HOTEL Center(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$104
Marc Munchen(Munich)
US$154
US$134
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$93
Agoda.com
2,148 results
All reviewsgreat locationfamous hofbrauhaushofbrau housebavarian stylebeer hallbreakfast buffetlovely hotelold cityquiet roomtwo blocksinner courtyardcentral locationloved this hotelby european standardsthe air conditioningshort walkwithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 26 March 2014

in choosing a hotel I like it to be unique to the town/region I am visiting
Platzl is what I could expect at best from Munich Bavaria
people, furniture, location
everything fits nicely
breakfast is very extensive, even with white wurst (very very typical)
tradition with sophistication

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank CGiorgioS
Heiko_Buchta, Manager at Platzl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear CGiorgioS, thank you very much for having chosen the Platzl Hotel for your recent stay in Munich. In order to archive our goal to exceed your expectations your feedback is vital to us. We are very glad, that you have had such a great time in our house. Thanks a lot for your wonderful compliments. Have a good time und many greetings to Kambodscha. Your's Platzl Hotel in Munich

Reviewed 21 March 2014

From the moment we checked into the Platzl Hotel we felt like we stepped back in time into the heart of old Bavaria. This hotel has beautiful woodwork all throughout the building and even in the guest rooms. The lobby is grand and inviting. The complimentary breakfast is expansive and delicious complete with an actual honey comb! The location is superb and it is right by the Marienplatz and the Hofbrahaus! This is just an overall fantastic hotel and I will definitely stay here again next time I am in Munich!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sarah A

Dear Sarah, thanks a lot for your wonderful complimentary about our staff and our house. We are looking forward to your next visit! Have a good time! Best regards vom your Platzl-Team

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I've stayed at this hotel on 3 separate occasions. It's wonderful! The location is literally less than a 5 minute walk to the Marienplatz. So close to all the wonderful things downtown Munich has to offer. On my last visit the airline had sent my checked luggage somewhere else; I was without toiletries, makeup, etc... for 2 days. Down a block and around the corner from the hotel were a small grocery store and a drug store. I hadn't known about these on previous visits and was happy to discover something new.

The breakfast at the Platzl is always excellent. I love eating 'German breakfast' and was not disappointed. Cooked egg, broetchen, deli meats, cheeses, yogurt, fruits..... it was all there.

The only complaint I had on this last visit was that my room (a little one since it was just me) backed up to the street that had a restaurant. The street noise was bad until about 2am; not a pleasant experience when trying to adjust to a new sleep pattern.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank alidoremi

Dear alidoremi, thanks a lot for your really kind feed-back of your visit of Platzl Hotel. You are right: we are located in the real heart of Munich-centre and of course there are many pubs nearby and of course the famous hofbräuhaus. Some noise in the evening is nonavoidable.
We hope, we will see you again - best regards! Your Platzl-Team

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We knew this hotel had great reviews and it's location was good. But seriously- we had no idea just how good. Everything and anything fantastic was just around the corner from this hotel. What a wonderful base we had for walking. Loved Munich- could live there. The hotel had the BEST breakfast of all the Europe hotels we stayed at. Whilst it is not huge by any means (particularly as we travel Asia a lot) but what was there was delicious and quality. Service was good too, but sorry- Prague and Paris really made us feel welcome whilst Platzl were just polite but not interested in asking us anything about where we have come from for where we are going to next, or any conversation really.. Not that it matters as a good room and good service are more important. It's just a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank click11
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This gem of a hotel is situated right in the very heart of Munich Old Town - two minutes walking from Marienplatz. The room is spacious and has everything you need. The hotel itself is Bavarian style, with massive doors and solid furniture. I just loved the breakfast - plenty of food and very delicious. The reception staff is always ready to assist. I also enjoyed Moorish kiosk at the top floor - good for relaxing after an eventful day. I have already been there two times and pretty sure I'll come again!

Room Tip: I loved the room facing the street better 'cause the cortyard ones might have some kitchen smell
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Heiko_Buchta, Manager at Platzl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear IA11,
we are the gem- and you, our guest, are the juwel! Thank you very much! With kind regards - your Platzl Hotel in Munich