Platzl Hotel
Pullman
  • Room Service
US$127
  • Breakfast included
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$153
US$133
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
KING's HOTEL Center(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$116
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$94
Orbitz.com
2,151 results
All reviewsgreat locationfamous hofbrauhaushofbrau housebavarian stylebeer hallbreakfast buffetlovely hotelold cityquiet roomtwo blocksinner courtyardcentral locationloved this hotelby european standardsthe air conditioningshort walkwithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great hotel, good value for money and classical old school look to it with charming staff. Location is as good as they come and I would stay at this hotel everytime when in Munich. Rooms are tastefully furnished and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the corridor on lower floors look onto the Hofbrauhaus.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Reviewer4477
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked to stay in this hotel 2 weeks ago and on my booking I requested a 'quiet room on a high floor'. I was put in a room opposite the lift, looking out onto a VERY noisey street. The noise from boozy revellers went on all night and I had a very bad sleep on both of the nights I stayed. If I had not been working in Munich, I would have checked out after the first night and found somewhere else to stay. Combine this with the noise from the lift and it was a pretty rotton stay. Upon checking out, the hotel even had the cheek to charge me a higher rate than I had originally booked for one of the nights and I was only asked if I had a good stay once my bill had been paid. When I told the receptionist about the noise I was met with a disinterested look. This is not what I would expect from a highend hotel. This hotel rates highly on this site, but I would disagree. If you are a business traveller, only stay here if you sleep like a log! On the plus-side, the hotel was very clean and tidy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank FireFlyPrincess
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Everything about our stay at the Platzl was excellent! Staff at reception are accommodating, friendly. Rooms are very clean and comfortable and up to date. Breakfast buffet is the best we've ever experienced--all foods are fresh and local. Dinner at the Wirsthaus Aynger nearby (owned and operated by The Platzl was fabulous--we ate there twice. Best of all, we were able to easily walk to many areas of interest. Would only suggest they evaluate their air-conditioning system.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank smith04Michigan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is of a high standard and is very clean. The rooms are of a good size, although a double room consisted of of two twins pushed together.
It is located right in the center of Munich, in close proximity to all the sights.
The quality of food is very good.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that doesn't overlook the Hofbrauhaus if you want a quiet stay
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hotel Platzl is the perfect hotel to experience Munich. It is extremely well located to all the main sights. It is extremely comfortable, clean and the staff go above and beyond the ensure the customers have a great time. The restaurants are delicious and serve traditional Bavarian food.and the fitness centre is great. Most of all do not miss the breakfasts. There is a wide variety of food and you can even indulge in a little champagne is you so desire. Put Hotel Platzl on your list for Munich.

Room Tip: Rooms to the froms are quiet but I suspect all rooms are.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple