Platzl Hotel
US$116
  • Pool
US$128
  • Breakfast included
KING's HOTEL Center(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$106
US$106
US$95
  • Fitness centre
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$514
US$360
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$95
Hotels.com
2,151 results
All reviewsgreat locationfamous hofbrauhaushofbrau housebavarian stylebeer hallbreakfast buffetlovely hotelold cityquiet roomtwo blocksinner courtyardcentral locationloved this hotelby european standardsthe air conditioningshort walkwithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I were so glad we spent our last two days of our two week European trip at the Platzl Hotel. From the moment we arrived and met with the reception staff, we felt very much welcomed. Their down to earth friendliness and particularly good humor (Felix - you know we're talking about you) was consistent with the festive atmosphere we encountered in the various beer gardens.

Although the room was not luxurious, it was very well kept, clean, and comfortable, and happened to be on the quiet side of the building. (One side of the hotel faces the boisterous Hofbrauhaus, which, by the way, is great fun!). The hotel is a short walk to many of the must see and experience main attractions, such as the Marienplatz, Viktualienmarkt, shopping, and beer gardens.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet selections which were on par with most other high-end European hotels, and included various meats, cheeses, and fresh fruits, to name a few, and an ever-filled basket of soft pretzels (a staple to be sure). There was even a natural honeycomb with the freshest and sweetest honey dripping from it.

If we ever travel to Munich again (hopefully during Oktoberfest), we will certainly look to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want enjoy a quiet night's sleep, be sure to request a room that does not face the Hofbrauhaus.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We recently visited Munich and stayed at the Platzl hotel. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, the buffet breakfast was great and the location was central to everything.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked as a direct result of good reviews. Don't believe the hype. It's an OK Hotel only for this price - it's real strengths are it's location and breakfast.
Room was really nothing special, adequate with no view and little character.It looks and feels like a conference hotel.
Lobby is nice but how much time do you spend there?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IanHa
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great hotel, good value for money and classical old school look to it with charming staff. Location is as good as they come and I would stay at this hotel everytime when in Munich. Rooms are tastefully furnished and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the corridor on lower floors look onto the Hofbrauhaus.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Reviewer4477
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked to stay in this hotel 2 weeks ago and on my booking I requested a 'quiet room on a high floor'. I was put in a room opposite the lift, looking out onto a VERY noisey street. The noise from boozy revellers went on all night and I had a very bad sleep on both of the nights I stayed. If I had not been working in Munich, I would have checked out after the first night and found somewhere else to stay. Combine this with the noise from the lift and it was a pretty rotton stay. Upon checking out, the hotel even had the cheek to charge me a higher rate than I had originally booked for one of the nights and I was only asked if I had a good stay once my bill had been paid. When I told the receptionist about the noise I was met with a disinterested look. This is not what I would expect from a highend hotel. This hotel rates highly on this site, but I would disagree. If you are a business traveller, only stay here if you sleep like a log! On the plus-side, the hotel was very clean and tidy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business