US$146
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Free cancellation until 03/08
US$186
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

Free cancellation until 03/08
US$133
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

US$253
Marc Munchen(Munich)
US$221
US$205
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$95
HolidayInn.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

Free cancellation until 04/08
US$574
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$764
US$527
2,188 results
All reviewsgreat locationfamous hofbrauhaushofbrau housecan't beat the locationbavarian stylebeer hallbreakfast buffetlovely hotelold citythe air conditioningquiet roomtwo blocksloved this hotelcentral locationby european standardsshort walkreception staff
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

First parking is totally confusing no valet road constructions right in front. No help with luggage. No AC in room. Called front desk and was told sorry AC broken won't be fixed for several days. Problem is the heat and the street noise all night long( drunks and early morning street clean up). The pathetic compensation the hotel offered was free breakfast which turned out to be a lie since my credit card shows I was charged. Shame on you platzl and your arrogant staff!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank paulnimes30
Heiko_Buchta, General Manager at Platzl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear paulnimes30

Thank you very much for taking your time to write about your experiences at Platzl Hotel.
I am very sorry to read that you could not enjoy our stay with us.

Unfortunately the problem with our air conditioning is not so easy to solve. One of our important generators broke down and it wasn't possible to fix it immediately. We had to order a new one and it needs time to install it. Because of our historical building it's a bit difficult to change the generators. I am very sorry for the inconveniences. Actually the air conditioning is working in a lot of our rooms, but unfortunately not in each one.

It is not possible for us to influence the construction area in front of the hotel, because it is one of the city of Munich. We are indeed very thankful when it's finished.

At the Platzl Hotel, we pride ourselves on offering our guests a superior service in all areas of the hotel, and I am disappointed that there were aspects of your stay where our communication and service to you could have been better, and I do hope that you will accept my sincere apologies.

Best regards from Munich
Heiko Buchta - General Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I recently spent a few nights at the Platzl hotel after a string of travel nights and our experience at the Platzl was among the best. The hotel is classically attractive, our room was thoughtfully appointed, and the staff truly made us feel welcome at every, single engagement. Add to this the wonderful breakfast buffet each morning and the prime location of the hotel vis a vis Marienplatz, Maxamillianstrasse and the Hofbrauhaus and I'm not sure the recipe could be better. I will definitely stay at the Platzl on my next visit to Munich and recommend it highly to others as well.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

While the Platzl Hotel was certainly a fine place to stay during our trip to Munich, be aware that its central location is both a plus and a minus. The accommodations themselves were nice enough, the rooms are probably a good size by European standards. It is a large hotel and very busy, however, and the lobby is always bustling, which was a different experience from the hotels where we stayed in Berlin and Prague. Unlike the other hotels, they did not accommodate my special request for a room humidifier (because of an eye condition at the time). But the beds are comfortable and the rooms are quiet considering the central location.

Room Tip: The rooms are basically all the same.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We recently stayed at The Platzl for a 3-day stay in Munich. We absolutely loved the hotel. I never give 5 stars, but The Platzl deserves it! We booked the Superior King Room with the breakfast added to our reservation. I am so glad I added the breakfast to our booking...it was wonderful. I've never seen such fresh, healthy, abundant food at any hotel. I wish I'd taken pictures, it was beautiful. A wonderful way to start the day walking around the historic area or getting on the train or tube to get out of the city. The hotel is beautiful and clean. The room was new, clean and modern, with plenty of space and built in storage. The bed was very comfortable. We had a gorgeous view of the historic rooftops from our window. We enjoyed having a drink in the sitting area off the lobby at the end of the day. It is a comfortable atmosphere. The Platzl is conveniently located in the historic district, so easy to walk everywhere. We had no problem finding our way around. The staff were all friendly, courteous and helpful. Most of them spoke good English. I want to go back to Munich and if we do, we will definitely stay at The Platzl. They made our stay in Munich very enjoyable and relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L2Y261
Reviewed 15 July 2017

My husband and I booked a stay here for the beginning of our Germany trip. The staff was very nice and helpful and went out of their way to help us with planning an excursion, to dinner recommendation, to simple local activities. Our room was great, with plenty of space. Breakfast was fantastic, and location was perfect. Very charming hotel and staff. In fact, we decided to come back to Platzl at the end of our Germany trip (we were planning to stay elsewhere, but liked this hotel and location so much that we returned). Our second stay was in a smaller room, but still just as nice, clean, and space was no issue. We would highly recommend this hotel in Munich, and will return if ever we are in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple