“Great Location for City Centre”

Centro Hotel Mondial
Ranked #253 of 383 Hotels in Munich
St. Annes-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Great Location for City Centre”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

If you want a hotel which is very central to the city centre. 5/10 minutes walk to the main shopping area, market and Marienplatz. It is a good base and we found it spotlessly clean. Rooms are small and, although in a side street off Sendlingor Tor Platz, other reviewers are right when saying that it is extremely noisy for some unapparent reason?! Lorries/dust wagons/delivery vans begin each day at any time after 5.30/6am! The rooms are warm and windows open wide but beware the very early morning wake-up noise! We were on the 3rd floor over the front - make sure you ask for the back of the building - these rooms also have a tiny balcony too from what we saw. The breakfast room is quite cramped and, even though the breakfast is adequate, was rather difficult to move about over the weekend when it is full. No internet was available at the hotel for the first 2 days of our stay. No hot (or even warm) water for one of the days with no explanation.

Would we stay there again? Well although it was reasonably priced and very central, we would not stay here again. Rooms way too small and way too noisy!

Just a note of caution - as German speakers ourselves we were fine but please be mindful that English, although understood, is NOT widely used in this hotel NOR in the city. Do not expect the locals, who are extremely patriotic to Bavaria as an independent region, to converse with you freely unless you are willing to make the effort in the language.

Room Tip: INSIST that you have a room at the back!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Southend-on-sea
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel is good value for money and location to square etc. however we stayed for two nights and couldn't sleep at all as the street outside was terribly noisy and it seemed like the bin man and all deliveries etc were arriving all hours of the night! We didn't eat here so can't comment on breakfast quality. We breakfasted at the lovely food market. Reception staff were impersonal I thought but I wasn't bothered by that. There's no air con so when warm you needed the window open, that didn't help with noise factor.

Room Tip: As the underground system is so efficient and cheap I would stay further out or in a quieter area
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I am writing this text now because I can't sleep due to the noise from the street. Right next to the hotel is a club and people gather outside to smoke or fight or whatever.The bathroom looks terrible. I had to fix the shower first and only then use it. We have paid almost 100 eur for a double room, but wouldn't check in to this hotel again not even for free. This is the type of place where regeardless of how bad it is tourists will continue to come due to location. Deffinetly a 2-3 stars hotel. Please avoid it.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexandru I

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Bristol for several nights during my trip to Munich. I had a double room on the second floor facing the courtyard with a balcony. The room was small but not a problem for just one person. While the room was clean, the fixtures, fabrics, and carpet appeared worn and could use some updating. The bathroom appeared updated and was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was an additional €9.50 each morning and in my opinion was probably not worth the extra cost. The spread was decent and somewhat varied but I feel I could have gotten a better meal at a restaurant. I chose the hotel breakfast primarily out of convenience. There was free wifi but it was tedious as they give you a fixed amount of usage (I think you must then ask for more) and you must log in repeatedly for each session. The location was ideal as it was extremely close to all forms of public transportation and many of the major sites. Very few little "extras" to set it apart from other hotels in terms of amenities or design. The staff were polite but not overly friendly. Overall I was pleased with my stay but not overly impressed. If I return to Munich I would probably give another hotel a try and get a better value for my money.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bridget B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Nice hotel, but with the room on the street was a bit noisy at night. Great location with access to the subway and walking distance to the Marienplatz. Good value as well and the staff was nice and helpful when we needed to change our car rental reservation.

Room Tip: Try and get a room higher than the 2nd floor and not facing the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Where do I start with this fine establishment. The only good thing about the place is the location which is close to everything, however there are other hotels in just as good a location. I have never in the years I have travelled, which have seen me stay at upwards of 50 hotels, encounter such blatantly rude, arrogant and generally unhelpful staff. You feel as if, checking in is the equivalent of pulling teeth. The room was not only noisy (despite being on the 4th floor), but often reaked of cigarette smoke, because you had to keep the windows open (NO aircon), otherwise the room was stifling hot. There were absolutely no amenities in the room, no kettle or fridge! There is however an outdated mini bar which held expired room temperature beverages, at exorbitant prices. The maid one one occasion forget to replace our towels, and when we went to see reception, we where looked at like pariahs, no apology offer. Would have checked out earlier had we not been forced to pay upfront.

Room Tip: Avoid the place altogether
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarajevo-Sydney
North Lincolnhire
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We spent one need in Munich and needed somewhere reasonably central and not too expensive; the Hotel Bristol ticked both boxes. Very friendly multilingual staff, a clean & comfortable room and just a short walk to the centre of Munich (and just yards from the nearest U-bahn & tram stops).

Only downside was a 1-inch gap at the bottom of the bathroom door but that may well have been just an issue with our room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple