“Perfect location with high level of profession staff ”
Review of Hotel Koenigshof

Hotel Koenigshof
Ranked #18 of 383 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Doha, Qatar
“Perfect location with high level of profession staff ”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect, you just need to cross the street to find the most amazing shopping street, you can start walking and enjoying everything for ever!
The staff are amazing, one of The best housekeeping I've ever seen. Every time I enter my room I feel like that I just checked in. they make up my room so perfect one time after another.

The only things I had that there is no coffee machine in the room and some Rooms need maintenance.
The 24 hours service don't provide you with a lot of option, but don't worry about it because you are rounded with a lot of restaurant some of them open till late evening.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear BuSaQR,

with pleasure I read your comment and like to thank you for your evaluation.
I am happy to hear that you like our location, which is indeed in the heart of Munich, so that´s makes very easy reach all shopping and sights by walking.

I will share your comments with our team specially the housekeeping. Regarding the status of our rooms, I am happy to tell you that we are currently in the process of renovation one by one, also we are planning to put a coffee machine in the rooms.

Whenever you will be back to Munich, we would be happy to welcoming you again at the Königshof.

Kindest regards,

Assistant to the Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Orange NSW AUSTRALIA
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed at the konigshof for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. We arrived at about 9pm after traveling from Australia and we were checked in quickly and escorted to our room. Everything was lovely and probably the only complaint I have is about the "queen " bed being 2 single beds pushed together which is very common in Europe.
The breakfast was beautiful and included a great buffet followed by a cooked breakfast of our choice. Sitting at breakfast watching the snow fall on the streets of Munich was a highlight.
The hotel is in a great location and an easy walk to Marienplatz, the central station and restaurants.
If you want to spend a little more and have all the comforts including a wonderful bath which was lovely to soak in after a cold day sight seeing, this is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BecJ43
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear BecJ43

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment on our Hotel Königshof. Indeed our location is quiet perfect.

As you already noted correctly, the two mattresses are a very common bed style in Europe. With an additional thin mattress that we would put on top of the two mattresses, we can prepare the bed the way you would prefer it to be.

I hope that the memory of sitting in our Restaurant and watching the snow fall will stay in your mind and keeps you remembering the beautiful days you spent in Munich.

Once again I would like to thank you for your lauding words and we would love to welcome you soon again.

Broomall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Not only was the food tremendous, but the staff was very friendly that would go above and beyond their duties! The room was magnificent, and it was a comfort to stay there when I was in distress about the airlines loosing my luggage. The hotel helped to communicate with the airport in order to retrieve my luggage on time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nick S
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Nick S,

Thank you for your kind evaluation on trip advisor.

I really appreciate your praising words on our staff and I am happy to hear, that they did everything to make your stay a comfortable one and could help you to retrieve your luggage.

I can imagine the disaster to be in Munich without luggage!

Hoping to welcoming you once again (with luggage!) I send you my best personal regards

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We enjoyed five wonderful days here and cant fault the Hotel in any way. The location is perfect with the train network and Marienplatz literally outside the front door. The domestic train is 20m away and the europe train network is 100m away.

The staff, food, atmosphere, rooms, customer service and quality of the hotel is exceptional. What really made our stay so memorable was the customer service provided by all the staff, with special thanks to Mr Martin Livingski who made us smile and laugh every morning. We will be going back to this hotel in future, guaranteed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Neil C
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Neil C,

What an amazing comment! I want to thank you so much for your nice and lauding words. The way you describe it, we want all our guests to see it like that. I am happy to hear, that in your case we were so successful.

Of course I will pass your comment to all colleagues but especially to Martin Lewinsky, who will be very delighted.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon again

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed several nights in December and loved the experience of Munich and the train trip to Nuremberg. Our room was at the front on Karlsplatz overlooking the traffic, the ice rink and further on into the pedestrian area. We slept well every night as the glazing is very effective in cutting down the noise. The hotel is convenient to suburban and long distance trains and shops are close by for the purchase of most things. We even needed the doctor and found a helpful pharmacist next door who directed us to the clinic nearby.
Staff at the hotel were always helpful and the manager of the breakfast area was always polite and friendly even at peak time. The hotel was clean and warm and felt like home.

Room Tip: Possibly room 404, centre fronting Karlsplatz.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sydneywoman
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear sydneywoman,

With pleasure we read your comment on tripadvisor and want to thank you for your kind words.

We are really happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in every aspect. Especially your lauding words for our staff are highly appreciated. I will let them know, as they all ever try to do their best.

Thank you again and hoping to welcoming you once more here at the Koenigshof

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This hotel was fantastic - plain and simple! When we checked in, we were early, but the front desk got us into our room without any problems. They also gave my children large, yummy chocolate Easter bunnies! The rooms we had were beautifully appointed, and we had a lovely view. Upon our departure, we had to check out well before our train was to leave. The staff made us comfortable in the lobby and even sent over a 2 glasses of wine for my husband and I, and snacks and sweets for my children. The doorman at this hotel went beyond any expectations, and helped us carry our luggage to the train station when we left!!! He also greeted us with a smile each time we returned and talked to us about our day. I would highly recommend this hotel - especially for families traveling with children. The area felt very safe and the staff was friendly beyond compare.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Kimberly W,

We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. What you are describing we try to do for every guest and that you appreciate it that way makes us proud.

Hoping to welcoming you again we send you our best wishes for a Happy New Year

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I spent hours checking review sites etc to find a great hotel in a great location in Munich, unfortunately I checked only half the aims off.
The hotel is in great location to one end of the Karlsplatz with a s train entrance right next to it, literally metres from the front door, the Marienplatz is a few minutes pleasant walk.
The s train from the airport is 40 minutes either S1 or S8 and very easy to navigate, the stops are announced in English, buying a ticket is equally easy just buy a partner single day ticket in a machine which automatically validate on purchase, just don't change the option! 21.4 euros for up to 5 persons on one ticket when a cab is at least 55 euros!!
The Hotel was very disappointing, the websites make it look all romantic and perfect for a break but it is all fake, the hotel is in modern building the internal architrave etc are all fake and not done all that well to boot. We booked a double deluxe room at £255 per night on check in we had to complain as it was small, scruffy and facing a concrete car park wall. In the UK this would be perfectly acceptable from a Travel Lodge etc but the cost would be more like £50 per night.We were moved to a larger room but the improvements stopped there, over night the noise was evident from the street, there were only 2 milk sachets left for coffee, the towels were simply worn out and threadbare, the carpets were dirty and the final straw was that the michelin starred restaurant is closed 2 days per week - what do they expect their guests to do. I believe this sums this hotel up it appears this place is run for the benefit of the company and not their guests.

Munich it self is great, the christmas markets were lovely, shopping good and so os the beer and food. People were very friendly and helpful.

I would recommend Munich but DEFINATELY not the HOTEL KOENIGSHOF.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Rob B,

First of all I want to thank you for giving such a detailled report of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I regret that you did not like our hotel. You are right, that our facade is a modern one and does not look very nice. On the ohter hand most of our guests are very surprised when they enter the hotel, because inside they find a classic style with cosy atmosphere.

I assume you booked one of our superior rooms, which is our smaller category and those rooms are only to the back of the hotel. Perhaps a deluxe room with a parquet floor (this category is of course a bit more expensive) you would have liked more.

Concerning our restaurant I would like to inform you that in November and December it is closed only one day a week which is Sunday. On Sunday we are happy to offer you a dinner in our bar or in the nice restaurant of our sister hotel next door.

If you would give us another chance our reception or concierge will be happy to give you all information needed and they will try to find a room which you really will like.

Thanks again for your comment and kind regards