“Great great location, charming interior, worth the money”
Review of Hotel Koenigshof

Hotel Koenigshof
Ranked #18 of 383 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great great location, charming interior, worth the money”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

If you are in Munich for a weekend and want to stay right in the centre close to pubs, high-end shopping and have easy access to public transportation, then this is the perfect hotel for you.

This being our second visit to Munich, we knew which places we wished to return to and since we were only staying for a few days we did not want to waste time on going to and from the hotel with bus etc which would have saved us money but instead we were able to fully enjoy every moment during our stay.

The hotel lies literally above the station Karlsplatz where the Airport train stops. Hauptbahnhof (main trainstation) is just one block away. Also, below the hotel there is a DM, several coffee shops, Starbucks etc. Across the street is Karlsplatz, Oberpollinger, and 2 more min away lies Marienplatz which is a bit more crowded...

The hotel interior is very charming, makes you feel like you are staying at a castle. Room service was fast, prices reasonable, housekeeping excellent. Staff was attentive and polite but never intruding. Bed was good, though not the best hotel bed we have slept in. We booked a deluxe room with an extra baby cot which worked fine.

Lastly, hotels in Munich are overall quite pricey compared to for example Berlin; this hotel is not on the cheap side but the location and the overall experience makes it worth the extra money. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear KirAr01

Thank you, for this marvelous comment. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel Königshof as well as in our beautiful Munich. Indeed our location is quite great. Being situated in the heart of the City you can reach evertything by foot. I am happy that you and your family liked our interior style and that you were pleased by our Services.

We are very much looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near furutre.

Assistant to the Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I absolutely loved staying at the Koenigshof! The rooms are spectacular and exactly what a high-end hotel should be and feel like. Many North American "5 star" hotels could learn from this. They have a great and friendly staff, and their restaurant is wonderful and full of great food. Also, the location is fabulous! If you're going to Munich for Oktoberfest, you'll be right near the centre, and the parades and festivities! Can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Honestly, every room I saw was wonderful, I don't think you can really go wrong!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear MikeH057,

What a nice and lauding comment!

I am so happy to hear, that you loved your room and our fabulous restaurant. I will pass your nice words to all our staff, who ever try to do their best and make our guests' stay most enjoyable. In your case they seem to have succeeded.

Thank you for telling me.

Kindest regards

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel has an excellent location since its opposite of the Marienplatz in addition of being 5 stars hotel. Also, the train station "Karlsplatz Station" is right on the left of the hotel main door for less than 30 meters and the cafes, restaurant, pharmacy and shops are next to the hotel.

Stayed March 2014
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear BU_SULTAN999

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel Königshof and sharing your impressions on tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you are absolutely right, our location is quiet perfect. Directly from the hotel you can start exploring our beautiful city by foot.

I hope we will have the honor welcoming you soon again.

SouthAfrica
Reviewed 2 March 2014

From the moment of the pick up from the airport by the hotels driver , Herr Schiller, our stay at this superb hotel was incredible.
The check in was flawless and our suite was fantastic, decorated in creams and gold.The suite was well apportioned and appointed.The entrance into a stunning lounge with study desk overlooking Karlsplatz , closed off bedroom with bathroom on suite and a loo that could be closed off to allow guests access from the entrance to the suite was simply put stunning, comfortable and restful.Magnificent floral arrangements with unusual flowers added colour to the room.The amenities and products were way above the average from other 5 star hotels
The restaurant was well deserving of its Michelin star, the food sublime the wine menu extensive and the service albeit slow, was good.
The reception staff and concierge I would employ in a shot, their administration skills exceeding those of well placed P.A'S in large organisations - the communication from them was excellent, continuos and consistent monitoring of arrangements and feedback confirming venue , time and changes if any...nothing went wrong with our numerous activities and arrangements , they ran on time and in the manner that befits the stature of the hotel...impeccably
A hotel truly worth visiting...from the bar( the staff under the guidance of the sommelier/head barman are very observant but respectful of privacy) to the food, the accommodation, the cleaning staff, the reception, doorman , the hotel driver-Herr Schiller and everyone we came into contact with
-all professional and in the industry of hospitality where the guest is the KÖNIG(King?)

Room Tip: A suite overlooking Karlsplatsz is a must-stunning-2nd floor corner suite
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robin F
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Robin F,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your impressions on your stay at our Hotel Königshof. I am thrilled to learn that you love our hotel with all the details and appreciated the services from my fantastic team. Your lauding words i will forward to all departments and I am sure they will be encouraged by your remarks.

Once again, thank you for your beautiful words and I really hope that you have a chance to visit us soon again.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect, you just need to cross the street to find the most amazing shopping street, you can start walking and enjoying everything for ever!
The staff are amazing, one of The best housekeeping I've ever seen. Every time I enter my room I feel like that I just checked in. they make up my room so perfect one time after another.

The only things I had that there is no coffee machine in the room and some Rooms need maintenance.
The 24 hours service don't provide you with a lot of option, but don't worry about it because you are rounded with a lot of restaurant some of them open till late evening.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear BuSaQR,

with pleasure I read your comment and like to thank you for your evaluation.
I am happy to hear that you like our location, which is indeed in the heart of Munich, so that´s makes very easy reach all shopping and sights by walking.

I will share your comments with our team specially the housekeeping. Regarding the status of our rooms, I am happy to tell you that we are currently in the process of renovation one by one, also we are planning to put a coffee machine in the rooms.

Whenever you will be back to Munich, we would be happy to welcoming you again at the Königshof.

Kindest regards,

Orange NSW AUSTRALIA
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed at the konigshof for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. We arrived at about 9pm after traveling from Australia and we were checked in quickly and escorted to our room. Everything was lovely and probably the only complaint I have is about the "queen " bed being 2 single beds pushed together which is very common in Europe.
The breakfast was beautiful and included a great buffet followed by a cooked breakfast of our choice. Sitting at breakfast watching the snow fall on the streets of Munich was a highlight.
The hotel is in a great location and an easy walk to Marienplatz, the central station and restaurants.
If you want to spend a little more and have all the comforts including a wonderful bath which was lovely to soak in after a cold day sight seeing, this is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BecJ43
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear BecJ43

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment on our Hotel Königshof. Indeed our location is quiet perfect.

As you already noted correctly, the two mattresses are a very common bed style in Europe. With an additional thin mattress that we would put on top of the two mattresses, we can prepare the bed the way you would prefer it to be.

I hope that the memory of sitting in our Restaurant and watching the snow fall will stay in your mind and keeps you remembering the beautiful days you spent in Munich.

Once again I would like to thank you for your lauding words and we would love to welcome you soon again.

Kindest regards

Broomall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Not only was the food tremendous, but the staff was very friendly that would go above and beyond their duties! The room was magnificent, and it was a comfort to stay there when I was in distress about the airlines loosing my luggage. The hotel helped to communicate with the airport in order to retrieve my luggage on time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nick S
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Nick S,

Thank you for your kind evaluation on trip advisor.

I really appreciate your praising words on our staff and I am happy to hear, that they did everything to make your stay a comfortable one and could help you to retrieve your luggage.

I can imagine the disaster to be in Munich without luggage!

Hoping to welcoming you once again (with luggage!) I send you my best personal regards