“Abrupt Duty Manager Mr. Bobocel”
Review of Hotel Koenigshof

Hotel Koenigshof
Ranked #15 of 382 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Abrupt Duty Manager Mr. Bobocel”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you want your intelligence to be insulted after a long journey by the Duty Manager in an abrupt manner go to this hotel. I encountered cold and impersonal service, minimal eye contact, evasive and vague answers to any of my queries from this particular individual. This made the whole check-in experience extremely unpleasant and certainly not one I would expect from a member of the Leading Hotels of the World group! Instead of enjoying my first night in this city I am sat here wasting my precious time writing this sad review. This hotel had featured on the ESHRE recommended list. I will ensure that this hotel is not recommended for future conferences to colleagues.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank anidioteverywhere
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear RafetGaz,

I´m very sad to read your review here however we could clarify the situation on site. We were unfortunately unable to offer you a upgrade for your stay. I can ensure you that we always try to provide this benefit to our Leading Access Members, however due to our booking situation it was unfortunately not possible. I can only guess that there might have been a misunderstand and of course I feel very sorry that you got this negative impression. Mr. Bobocel is working for our hotel already for a long time and we and our guest know him as a very polite, reliable and confident person. We are hoping you will give us another chance to prove that we can deliver better services during your next stay. I hope you enjoyed the special treatment we had arranged for you.

Sincerely

Florian Weiss
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Miami
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I contacted hotel and asked to release the money. The answer was yes we are holding your money , you should be able to use it in one week.
That makes two weeks after checking out from the hotel!!
I find this money manipulating action is illegal. How should I proceed. The hotel seems to be NOT HELPING OR SUPPORTING.
I would not recommend this hotel or stay there again
The carpet is old and stained , my room was facing a wall of another building. And this is 5*?
I don't think so.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank OscariniT
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear OscariniT

First of all I would like to express my sincere apologies regarding the reaction of one of my colleagues. The way he responded to your question, is not acceptable and I kindly ask you to believe that this is not the way that we are treating our guests. I am taking your comment very seriously and would like to ask you to get in contact with me personally. My email is m.bindig@geisel-privathotels.de or by phone +49 89 551366112. Releasing the blocked amount on the credit card is no problem and I would personally like to take care of it.

I am very sorry to read that the reaction of one of our colleagues reflected the feedback of your whole stay in our Hotel Königshof.

I hope you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future.

Sincerely

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Took my parents for their anniversary. Was perfectly located to central Munich and train station so extremely easy to walk.
Beautiful adjoining 'luxury' rooms and they even left champagne, strawberries and a cute sculpted bug chocolate for them. The downstairs bar is very stylish with art deco accents and the lobby is modern and comfortable with different style chairs.
The staff were really helpful as it was our first time to Munich and answered all our questions about the city/tours and booked some tours for us.
I highly recommend for couples, business or family.

Room Tip: The luxury rooms have high ceilings, very classy furnishings and you get a little chocolate on your...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jaydmusic
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear jaydmusic,

What a marvellous comment you gave us on tripadvisor. Thank you very much for these lauding words.

I am happy to hear that your parents enjoyed the trip on occasion of their special wedding anniversary.

Perhaps you will return with them for the next anniversary.

Brisbane
Reviewed 1 June 2014

36 hours after leaving home, we arrived in Munich to our home for the next four days. What a lovely way to start our holiday in Germany! We received the warmest welcome and, as our room was not ready, were offered a drink at the plush lounge area where we relaxed for a short time before being taken to our room. The room itself was very comfortable and the bathroom quite large. The staff attended to our every need and helped with any questions as we headed out each day. The hotel is so well located with the entrance to the underground train system virtually at the front door and Karlsplatz a tiny walk away. To cap it all off, we had dinner at the michelin star restaurant at the hotel one night and were absolutely delighted with this experience also. A bit of a splurge for us but well worth it. We would definitely stay at this hotel if in Munich again.

Room Tip: We booked and paid in advance and got a great rate so, if you are prepared to go with this option (n...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CelMarkBrisbane
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Celmark,

It was a delight to read your lauding words on your stay at Hotel Koenigshof. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as our famous restaurant.

If you stay with us, you are indeed in the heart of Munich and can reach everything by walking.

Whenever you return to Munich I would like to welcome you here again.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

My advice is to go there if you are on Munich, close to downtown and only 7 km from M.O.C.
Every room is different, choose what you need about space and forniture. Garage underground is perfect for safety and speed parking. I don't check bar and room service.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Andrea M
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Andrea M,

What a nice comment on our hotel. Thank you very much for recommending us to other travellers.

We would be happy to see you again on occasion of the next fair in Munich.

Best regards

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is superb, walking distance to most of the happening places in munchen. We stayed at a junior suit which was grt but not too big as u would have imagined. The decoration is simply stunning and the service is grt. They booked me a train ticket, and helped a lot in recommending places to go. One thing i did not like was the very expensive breakfast which is not up to standards or at least mine. Final verdict, very nice hotel, a bit expensive ....

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank zakriedieh
Dear Zakriedieh,

Thank you for your nice comment "old is gold". This is a nice slogan of which we never thought, but I think it describes our hotel very good.

I am glad to learn that you liked the location of our hotel and that my colleagues did everything to make your stay most comfortable.

Concerning your comment on our breakfast, I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy the full range of what we are offering and which is definitely worth the price.

Hoping to welcoming you back again I send you my best personal regards

Nova Gorica, Slovenia
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Right in the center of town and step away of most popular street with the best rrstaurant and beergarten.
Hotel is nice and in high level style with professional Staff and servis.
Romms are clean and well equiped.
Next time we came also here.
Bye

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Janko T
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Janko T,

What a joy to read your lauding words on your recent stay at our hotel.

I want to thank you for this nice comment and really look forward to your next visit here.