“Great Location with a decent experience”
Review of Hotel Koenigshof

Hotel Koenigshof
Ranked #16 of 383 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Great Location with a decent experience”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Overall, we spent 2 nights at the Koenigshof. Arrival and departure were flawless except for the fact that they claimed I had booked our room for 1 adult when it was clearly marked as for 2. We only dined at the hotel for breakfast where you enjoy a marvelous view over the Karlsplatz. You can't ask for a better location in Munich though. The rooms are a tad dated in my opinion. Strong pinks and green, tumbled marble in the bathrooms. Our room did not have a stand alone shower. Also, be advised that the hotel does not have air conditioning which is something that peeves me. The lobby bar is a nice but cozy. I will have to say that I wish the hotel had a rule that banned children from the lobby after a certain hour. My wife and I were having cocktails and dessert in the lobby when several families decided to let their kids run wild and play their video games in the lobby.

Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Sean J,

Thank you very much for taking your time, to give us this evaluation on trip advisor.

First of all please accept my apology, that there was a misunderstanding with the number of persons in the room. Concerning your comments on the room, I assume that you stayed in one on our fifth floor. Those rooms are decorated in a very classical style, which a lot of our regular clients like very much. These rooms do of course have an air condition, but it cannot be controlled individually in each room.

The most I regret that you could not enjoy the nice and cozy atmosphere of our lobby bar, as too many children were playing and running there. May I assure that this only happens sometimes during the holiday month of August, when a lot of tourists with families are staying with us.

Should you ever return to the Koenigshof, please let us know. I then would be happy to provide a room on another floor where you can control the air condition yourself.

Assistant to the Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

It was my first time in Munich and the hotel made my stay unforgettable. Everyone were so helpful since the moment we walked in. The location is excellent, the rooms are spacious and luxurious. I can't wait to plan another trip to Germany just to stay in this hotel again!

Stayed August 2014
Dear M45H,

I would like to thank you for sharing this marvellous comment. We are thrilled to learn how much you enjoyed your stay at the Koenigshof. Especially your lauding words on the service of my colleagues, I will let them now. Whenever you are back to Munich, we are happy to welcome you here again.

San Francisco
Reviewed 23 August 2014

From the outside to hotel appears to be a nondescript, modern cube. But inside, it's a classic luxury hotel! We were upgraded to a suite (Leading Hotels of the World) which was spacious, well furnished and spotlessly clean. The location could not be better, within a block of the train station via a pedestrian street and right on Karlsplatz at the entrance to Munich's pedestrian shopping, dining and sightseeing area.

The buffet breakfast was spectacular, with a wide array of choices as well as a la carte selections. The service at reception was very good and personal, in particular the concierge was especially helpful and caring.

The front of the hotel faces Karlsplatz and has the best views.

This is a fine hotel with an excellent location, excellent service all at a reasonable price for the high standards and quality which it offers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear tnttraveler1965

Thank you for sharing your impressions on your enjoyable stay at our Hotel Königshof. It makes us very happy to learn that you had a good time at our hotel and appreciated our personal service. I will forward your lauding words to our team. Your praise is a great encouragement for them.

We hope we will get the chance to welcome you soon again

Best regards

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I just got back from spending a week here with my Dad's side of the family. This hotel was great.
The service was good from every single person who worked there. They were always willing to help.
The rooms were luxurious, big, and very clean. The location is fabulous and is just about a 5 minute walk from Marienplatz.
The food was good from room service and the restaurant downstairs.
I'm just sad that they are remodeling the place in 2017. It's very quaint and has a lot of character but I understand they have to keep up with business. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carson T
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Carson T,

Thank you very much for taking the time, to report about our hotel and the experience you made here.

I am glad to hear that everything was to your entire satisfaction. Especially your kind words on our staff I will let them know, as they ever try to do their best.

I am sure that also the new Koenigshof will be a nice place and worth to visit it.

Looking forward to a possible next stay I send you my best regards

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was a beautiful hotel. After staying in a 4 star hotel in Paris (big mistake), this was a welcome change. The Paris hotel was 200 Euros a night and obviously, this cost more (290 Euros) but relatively speaking, it was worth the extra money. This included breakfast for 4 people as well. The decor is gorgeous, the staff are incredibly helpful, the breakfast is delicious and the location is also great. There are interconnecting rooms for families and each night the beds are turned down, with a little Koenigshof chocolate placed on your pillow. Lovely touch. They helped with directions to tourist attractions, confirming tours, booking cars for the airport etc. Nothing was too much trouble. One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. We would love to go back to Munich just to stay in this hotel!! Cannot recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: Interconnecting rooms are good for families
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Madonna O
Dear Madonna O,

What a marvelous comment on tripadvisor. Thank you very much for this laud.

I am happy to hear that you liked our hotel so much and find, that it was worth paying a little bit more. But the nicest comment was that our staff was helpful and did everything to fulfill all your requests.

Therefore we really look forward to your next visit and send you our kindest regards

Oxford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Koenigshof for 4 nights during Octoberfest this past year. The hotel is amazing. We were a little concerned at first due to the fact that the outside of the hotel looks very plain. Are worries were unfounded once we entered the property. The room was great and the location was perfect. We were about a 20 min walk to Octoberfest and just minutes away from many of the main tourist attractions. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Nuner112,

Thank you very much that also after a few months you took your time to give us such a nice comment on trip advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and of course the famous Octoberfest.

And you are absolutely right, that the outside of our hotel is not very nice, but we ever try to convince our guests with our "heart".

If you return to the Octoberfest this year, we would be happy to welcome you at the Koenigshof again.

Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Koenigshof for one night as part of the Mercedes European delivery program. Our room was clean and well-appointed, but very small. There was no bathtub and we had some noise from the tram outside. Breakfast was wonderful, though. If we were paying directly for this hotel, I would not think that it was worth the money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank j4giz
Martina_Bindig, Manager at Hotel Koenigshof, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear j4giz

Thank you for taking time to give us a feedback about your stay at our Hotel Königshof.

I am sorry to read that you weren’t completely happy with your stay in our hotel. Mercedes Benz USA must have booked our smallest room category, the Superior rooms, and indeed some of them only have a shower. Our Deluxe rooms, for example are equipped with bathtub and some have even both. I don’t know if you have reported your dissatisfaction to the reception in order to take an action and make your stay more comfortable.

We take the comments of our guests very serious and I hope you will give us another chance to better serve you in the near future.

Best regards