“Great hotel”

Achat Hotel
Ranked #297 of 383 Hotels in Munich
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I must admit, this hotel is much better than what I expected. rooms are big, bes was so comfortable, service amaizing, and great breakfast buffet.
The only point is, that it is a little bit far from the city center.
I completely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at the Achat hotel on 9/28/13 for Oktoberfest. This is a very modern hotel but it is located in the middle of nowhere. I will say the train station is really close by but if you are looking for something to eat it is the hotel or nothing. The staff were very friendly with assisting us with our needs. The room was clean and comfortable. They did have parking available but wasn't included in the price of the room. Breakfast also wasn't included in the price of the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Golflady
Moscow
Reviewed 14 May 2009

First of all the hotel is really old. But relatively clean. Location - 10 minutes drive from the airport among the fields in small town. Breakfast is expensive. Parking is limited otherwise you should pay 8 euro for underground parking. Free wi-fi in the lobby is a plus.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Vymja
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I had almost the opposite experience as the previous reviewer as I really enjoyed my experience at Achat. The rooms are large & clean, with a great shower.
The staff I encountered spoke English well enough, and our waiter was fluent.
If you want to use the hotel computer, it is true that there is no place to sit unless you pull over a bar stool (which some of my group did). I paid 3 Euros for 1/2 hour of internet, but I had my laptop so I was able to sit in the lobby.
My dinner in the hotel was a very nice experience with an excellent pork dish and the best strudl I had on the trip, and I had a lot of strudl on this trip!
I had a very early flight so I was going to miss the included breakfast. When I arrived in the lobby at 4:45am to wait for my cab, to my surprise there were donuts & coffee in the lobby for those of us who were going to leave before breakfast.
If you have an early flight, this is a very good choice.

• Liked — The shower
  • Disliked — Internet wasn't free
  • Stayed October 2008
3 Thank Bette P
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2008

This was the final hotel on a 9-day guided tour because of its proximity to the Munich airport. Everywhere in central Europe we had wonderful experiences, whether the hotel was large or small, impersonal or pension-like. This one was horrible from start to finish. There were some nice things about it that I should mention: the room, though very small, was well equipped; so was the bathroom, the TV and hair dryer worked, and the breakfast was very good. We arrived at 4 p.m. and I asked if I could exchange some currency at the front desk. "No," she said, and turned away. Was there an ATM? "No." Could she advise about someplace where this could be done? "There's a bank down the street," she replied, obviously tired of answering my questions or being asked to offer assistance. The bank was at least half a mile away, and it was raining, but I walked there, came back, and ordered a glass of wine at the bar. "White wine." Blank stare. "Weisswein." Still blank stare. Finally the girl (not the same one) brought a menu and I pointed. It sent her into a tailspin--there was a long discussion with the bartender, while I went outside and spent 15 minutes posing with group for picture. Came back in, she was still running in circles: I think she didn't want to open a bottle just for me. So I gave up and asked for a beer. One or two people spoke a little rudimentary English, surprising because everywhere else in Europe people in the hospitality industry ALL spoke English--but here it seemed they pretended not to understand. Munich is a huge cosmopolitan airport, and I assume they are looking for international business--not the way to get it. A third girl told me the first 15 minutes on the Internet were free, but when I asked the first girl at the desk, she said, "No, we don't do that any more--there were too many people using it." So they had a minimum of one hour for 5 euros, and I spent ten minutes standing at the computer because there was no place to sit. Then, our last dinner on the continent. Buffet for 13.80 euros turned out to be a meat dish and baked fish in chafing dishes, some tired vegetables, salad, no dessert, no beverages, you had to get your own water, there were no glasses (I stole one from a table that had been set), the dirty plates were left on the table while three waitresses stood around talking to each other, and a very pleasant young man tried to negotiate drink orders--they didn't take cash or cards at the table so we had to pay at the front desk. Cell phones didn't work here--worked fine in Prague, Nuremberg, Budapest, Salzburg, basically everywhere else. Construction noise was deafening and started at the crack of dawn. A smile would have defused most of these problems, but there were no smiles, no customer service, no interest. We eventually started laughing about the service, which was alternately rude and incompetent, but it really wasn't funny--it was a terrible end to a wonderful vacation.

• Liked — the breakfast was one of the best
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Suzifla

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

Redlands, California
Reviewed 6 May 2008

The Hotel is located pretty much last street further down from the Train station - about a half hour if you are walking. Taxi would probably would cost other 20 Euros. No free coffee / tea - airport shuttle is 8 Euros each person, each way. Room was good, comfortable. Breakfast is also quite expensive. I would pay little more to get better location with free coffee or free breakfast.

• Liked — Comfortable room and bed
  • Disliked — No free coffee and location is too far from Train station.
  • Stayed April 2004, travelled as a couple
yorkshire
Reviewed 3 March 2008

due to good old jet2 cancelling our flight i had the pleasure to stay at the achat hotel for one night. this hotel is in the middles of no where and luckily we were taken there by coach or would never have found it!! the hotel is a 3 star but its more a good 2 star. couldnt complain really as it was jet2's fault due to the cancellation. the hotel fed us and the food was average. on asking for more food (and we offered to pay) we were told the kitchen was closed?? there is no night menu or snack menu available eben though its an airport hotel accepting guests 24/7. the staff serving us were not very helpful.
the bar is very small and the beer and even soft drinks are very expensive!! the rooms are small but very clean. the walls are very thin and you can hear people in the corridor etc all night long. once they stop its quite peacfull as its in middle of no where.
the breakfast was the best thing about the hotel although i advise you to get in early due so you can get the best of it. they have cooked breakfast and german meats and cheese etc with plenty of tea and coffee etc.
the hotel is 12km away from the airport and 20km from munich. the hotle is extremely remote and difficult to find once you leave the motorway!!

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — lack of evening meal / food in general
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family