“An excellent stay - couldn't ask for more.”
Review of Jedermann Hotel

Jedermann Hotel
Ranked #24 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We booked to stay at the Hotel Jedermann as it was showing a much better rate than many other hotels in the area and was well reviewed. We were more than happy with our choice. We accepted that the relatively low price would mean some compromises, however we were more than pleased with every aspect of our stay. Staff - very friendly; spoke several languages and explained how to orientate ourselves well. Room - the décor was straight out of the 80s and amused us no end (they are slowly renovating the rooms in an unobtrusive way); we were surprised to have a shower as we had expected to have to use the shared facilities. The bed was comfortable and although there was some noise this is to be completely expected in a hotel in a City Centre. Toilet - this was located in the corridor and was a "self-cleaner"... I have never seen one before but it was awesome and did some funky stuff when you stood up. Breakfast - one of the best continental buffets we have encountered; boiled eggs, meats, cheeses, different breads, yoghurt, and on and on. Location - it is a 20-30 min walk (depending on your speed) from the centre, however the tram stop is so close that you can wait in the foyer until the tram comes and then make a quick burst from door to door. It is a 7-8 min journey to the centre and 2 stops to the Hauptbahnhof. This tramline is also a night tram line. It cost us just 10 euros in a taxi from the other side of the centre (after midnight) as we couldn't be bothered waiting in the cold for the night tram (every 30 mins).

Overall we would definitely recommend (even the more expensive but still relatively good value rooms) and would return. Thank you!

Room Tip: We had room 47 - had a shower and we had shared toilet. No complaints at all.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NinaTom
There are newer reviews for Jedermann Hotel

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Fantastic value for this hotel in Munich. The Breakfast is superb and our room, The Annex at the back was more like a small apartment. We shared a bathroom and living room which was fine and quite nice if you are social.

Ideal for the Marathon in October. Short travel from the center and very close to Munchen Hauptbahnhof.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Staying in room 107, I was a solo traveller who got sick and spent most of my days in the hotel room! However, the hotel staff were amazing, and I was very impressed with their hospitality. But firstly, the room itself was great. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was very roomy and it contained everything it should for a hotel room. It was clean, and the location was good (not noisy at night and a <10min walk from the train station).

I had tonsillitis coming into Munich so I had to forgo all of my plans. I went straight to sleep when I arrived at the hotel, however when I woke up at 3am, the staff member at the reception was very kind and make me tea to help with my throat pain. They offered to call a doctor for me, and in the end recommended doctors to see for the next day. The next morning I went down to breakfast (which was included in the price!! As was the wifi!! AMAZING for Europe!), and although I couldn't eat because of my throat, the selection looked amazing and there was plenty of options.

It's such a shame I didn't get to experience Munich, but I would highly recommend this Hotel because if anything happens to you, they'll look after you!!! Thank you to staff at the Hotel Jedermann! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank MooCow7
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Convenient location, comfortable beds, rich breakfast, free Internet, very reasonable price. Could one ask for more? (Well actually one can: shelves. There was not a single shelf. There was a huge amount of hangers though...)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed 3 nights here (Nov 17 - 20) and have to say for what I paid I was very happy, the hotel is a 10 minute walk from the Munich HBF (central train station) and 25 - 30 minutes from Marianplatz, I stayed in a room with shared facilities and no tv. After booking I was e-mailed and offered an upgrade but declined. The breakfast on offer is possibly the best i've been offered anywhere in Europe, a vast selection of meats, cheeses, cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit and even omelettes or scrambled eggs made to order. The staff were very friendly from my arrival right through to when I reluctantly left, the towels and bed linen were changed everyday (which I found surprising as it was so cheap). I would recommend staying here, it's not the Ritz but it's not the Pitz ...........

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 44, pretty much an attic room with shared facilities, but for solo traveller pretty p...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Fuzzbubble_123
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Jedermann in September 2013. The room and bath were nice and very clean, could not have asked more for the breakfast (included) and the service was great. The location was also great - easy to walk to the center and the tram stopped right in front of the hotel. They help out with transportation, tea in the evenings, umbrellas, they even mailed me a pillow I left in the room. I think the cost was about 95Euros/night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daisysma
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I've stayed many times in the jedermann, including one time for about 2 months when working in Munich. It's a funny old place with very cheap basic rooms available, perfect if you just need somewhere to sleep but maybe not if you're trying to impress someone :)

I've stayed in various rooms with shower in the room, and the cheaper ones where the toilet and shower are shared between 4 rooms on the same floor. Personally I think this is fine, don't be snobby and pay more if you're on a budget!

Breakfast buffet is included and is pretty good, and the staff are happy to help with maps of the city and tips for the public transport etc.

Overall recommended for probably the cheapest decent place you can find in Munich.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business