“Average to Poor”

Ranked #362 of 383 Hotels in Munich
England
“Average to Poor”
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I have stayed here for business because my company is going through cost cuts like everyone else. The rooms are very oddly decorated in a supposed 'florentine' style but I think old Auntie Florentines table cloth is a more appropriate description. Please note there is no fitness room as stated on the website and the internet is only in the reception and must be paid for as it's a T-mobile hotspot.

The first room I had was very clean and functional but the walls were so thin I could hear the old couple next doors' every word, including his snoring that was so loud it was as if he was in the bed next to me. There is also a shared balcony running around the hotel and the neighbour was smoking on it, meaning I had to close my windows on a very hot day. The remote to the TV was not working and the receptionist said she could do nothing about it, so I had to get quite angry before she actually did the very strenous task of going to a vacant room and giving me a new remote. Upon getting the channels to change I discovered the english channels were not tuned correctly.

At this stage I decided to go out to avoid dispair. The hotel restaurant turned out to be closed on Monday but they told me there was a Greek restaurant down the road. This also turned out to be closed. Being in the middle of nowhere I was left with a sandwich from a petrol station.

I changed my room the second night and it was the same but better because the neighbours were quiet and not smoking.

On a positive note any night but Monday they do have a nice Italian restaurant very popular with locals and the breakfast is good. The staff the next day were much more friendly. The area is very quiet and safe if thats what you want but nowhere near the centre. The decision is yours!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Jezuki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 14 July 2009

I stayed here with a group of friends back in February. The hotel itself was not that great. The rooms were very outdated and the decor resembled somthing similar to being at grandma's house, but not in a good way. The decor was so old fashioned it reminded me of a retirement home. The beds were very thin (army barrack style), the shower seemed to be either scorching hot or freezing cold. The walls were so thin that one night my friend and I had a conversation through the wall with our traveling companions sleeping next door. There is no Internet service at the hotel and the phones were not working one of the days I stayed there. The location of the hotel is not central for exploring the city, it takes about 20 minutes by taxi to the centre or a 5 minute bus to the metro station, which than will take about 25 minutes to the centre.

The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good; unfortunately, it is not an ideal place to stay if you want to explore Munich.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank jay379

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels