“This is a hostel not a hotel.”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Langwieder See
Ranked #321 of 391 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

I will start off with the good. Lobby is very quaint and staff are gracious and want to help. The location is great if you want to get away from it all and take 1.5 hours to get to downtown munich. The lakes are very beautiful and very quiet. The hotel appeared very clean!

Here are the opportunities with this property: for oktoberfest they were charging 179 euro a night and there was no one from the hotel staff after 10pm and desk reopened at 7am. All of that is ok as long as someone explained to you :-) in advance and you know to keep the gynormous hotel key in your purse vs. relenquishing to the front desk each time before you leave. I'm certain that there is a sign of desk hours but when you are a tired traveler and the property claims its a hotel not a b&b or hostel---front office presence is required 24/7---which is a good segway for the next item---if taxi is lost and gps doesnt work in the area which happens alot since no one pays the exorbenant taxi fares(late night taxi from Marienplatz - 55euro and airport taxi - 87 euro)---there is no one to call:(. There is also no one to call when you are a female traveler walking up to your room and everything in the hallways/ stairways is dark and it takes 5-10 seconds for the motion detectors to pick up that you are coming - that had to be the worst part of the stay not knowing or seeing what you are going towards along with the fact that you feel the property is short on cash and the carpet is pieced together from left over remodeling materials: 1 - small hallway (4 glaringly different colors of carpet---not by design) walls are also a total mash up of horrible paint not by design again different shades of pretty yellow(newer and old paint of stark blue). If the property is undergoing renovation they should say so. The other issue is a double bed only had 1 pillow/1 tiby twin blanket that doesn't cover a 5' foot person and 1 large towel/1 small towel. Again no one to call and ask for assistance or extra pillows or blankets...even if you are a 3 star hotel in Munich ---the basics for a hotel room are required.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Toni B

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Beautiful location next to the lake, lot's of walking trails and an amazing view from our room overlooking the lake. It was about 15 minut drive into Munich city, perfect for the traveler with a car. But if you don't speak English I would not recommend this Hotel. We were there for part of our honeymoon in Europe, a wedding was taking place on the night that we arrived which kept us up with the music till 1 AM in the morning. We tried to have dinner at the restaurant, walked in and staff told us just to find a spot and sit down, so we did outside so we could have a view of the lake while we eat, we sat there for about 15 min before the waiter came and said " what do you want" I replied with we would like to eat. Then he told us to go inside they were too busy dealing with a wedding. Sat inside for another 10 min waiting to be helped. When we received our menu it was only in German and that is all they have. No one there was willing to help us and translate it for us. We ended up getting into the car driving into Munich and having a couple sandwiches for dinner.
Internet is free but would cut in and out at time's.
Breakfast was pretty good compared to other hotels we stayed at.
Would recommend this Hotel only if staff improvent happened.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I am leaving in Munich but our Wedding will be held here. The owner is super person, the stuff is very friendly and every thing is really ideal. The nature is also perfect. I strongly recommend this restaurant and hotel.Free WiFi

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I stayed there in early April. It was such a pleasant discovery. Excellent location by the lake, beautiful view from the restaurant. Food was very good too. Lots of walks you can do around the lakes. Not far from Munich and only 8 kms from Dachau memorial site. The room was spotless and comfortable, the only problem was the pillow which was too thick. The service was good too, everyone spoke English. Plenty of free parking outside. Lovely bathroom with toiletries. I would love to go back for a week and relax by the lake.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank flk_63
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed here for three nights on a business trip:

- Very good rooms (large, good furniture, good TV, etc)
- Very very clean
- Very friendly staff
- Large beer garden overlooking the lake (i didn't use it as it was snowing)
- Nice Weissbeer :- )

One or two minor niggles -

- No lift (carrying large cases up two flights of stairs can be a pain)
- No english menu in the restaurant (but the staff are happy to translate)

I would recommend this hotel and I will certainly stay there again....

Room Tip: If you have problems with stairs then ask for a room on the ground floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GrahamVingoe
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have initially chosen the hotel because of its location - on the outskirts of Munich and a 40 minute drive from the airport - since i was traveling to Asia from Munich. And i have to say i was pleasantly surprised, the hotel was much more than just an overnight reasonably priced hotel. Even the standard room vas lovely, the bathroom was nice, everything extremely clean, and the food was very good as well - everything tasted as the original german home made food. Actually the whole hotel felt very homey and warm. And the lake nearby adds that something little extra to it.

Would recommend it as much to travelers as to couples and families.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MetkaSLOVEnia
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Perhaps I was luck in getting a newly refurbished room, but the place was spotless. The carpet, furniture and bed were very recent, and of very decent quality. The bed was comfortable, although it did have a 'Eurogroove' (ie. two single mattresses stuck together to make a double) but as I was on my own this wasn't a problem. The bathroom was positively gleaming!

The food in the restaurant was very good, and all the staff were courteous.

I was given lifts to and from the hotel, so don't know how difficult it would be to stay there without a car.

I'm not sure if all the rooms are of the standard of the one I had the pleasure of staying in; so I guess that it would be advisable to check such details before booking.

I will certainly stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business