Mandarin Oriental, Munich
US$142
US$133
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop barfour seasonsbell staffluxury hotelrooms are beautifulwalk in closetcomplimentary mini barwelcome drinkwonderful hotelhofbrau housejunior suitefavorite hotelthe location is perfectconciergematsuhisagermanyhofbrauhaus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My wife and I travel a great deal and try to stay in the best hotels available in cities visited. We enjoy the Mandarin chain so it was obvious to book our three night stay in Munich at their hotel in this most elegant city. We arrived before normal check in time and were told that our room would be ready in a few minutes and were offered complimentary champagne in their most comfortable lounge. All their staff could not have been more helpful and our room left nothing to be desired. We dined in their Michelin starred restaurant, Mark's and were not disappointed. The hotel's position was in the middle of all the shopping and sightseeing areas, the famous Hofbrauhaus was virtually next door and was a not to be missed attraction. The bed linen was perhaps the finest I have ever slept between. I look forward to my return visit.
John Pond, Sydney, Australia.

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms are great. Views are unimportant as the room decor is so good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnpond
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Intimate hotel with only 72 rooms in the middle of everything with incredible service and deluxe, world-class accommodations,

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The Mandarin Oriental in Munich is one of those very rare places, where I can truly say that I feel home the minute I arrive. I spend 200 nights a year in hotels and live in Asia, where hotel and service standards are hard to match in the West.

The location is unbeatable, the hardware is great (having been a former boutique hotel called Rafael, created by Hotel Veteran Georg Rafael (Regent, Amanda Resorts)), but what makes this place special is its people. True professionals, some of the best in the business, who make you feel welcome the moment you arrive. Attention to detail and personal needs is unrivaled, all handled with this rare gift of always being there when needed, yet discreet in the background at the same time. And many of those people have been there for years!

Possibly the best Mandarin Oriental in the world that manages to retain its Bavarian Roots with the great values and attributes of Mandarin
Oriental on top! The best hotel in Munich, in Germany and amongst the best in the world!

Can't wait to stay there again in the summer!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank HappyinKL
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed for four nights with my husband , and loved everything about it .
We were upgraded to a sweet and was wonderful.

Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 2 April 2012

And I love it. This is the third time I stay. All the rooms are extremely comfortable. They never miss a detail. The new gym is fantastic. Several great cardio machines with Ipod docking and tv options. The staff is fantastisc. They all use your name, and they are so friendly. Often in these super luxury hotels the service can be a bit stuffy, but not in MO Munich. This is simply a bloody good hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business