Stayed here over the weekend with my son. It was a wonderful experience. We had come to Munich to see Bayern Munich Play the first football game of the Season at the Allianz Arena. We were made feel incredibly welcome by the staff as soon as we arrived. Check in was effortless and when we got to the room the hotel had little presents for me and my son; a Bayern Munich scarf each. We were thrilled with that and these are the little touches which set a hotel like this apart from others.
The room was perhaps smaller than I expected (given the price) though it was a lovely room. Really comfortable beds with fantastically luxurious duvets and soft pillows. My son wanted to take the bed clothes home with him they were that good!
Bathroom was in marble with a lovely bath overlooking Munich and a large walk in shower. Top class.
Breakfast was excellent though given the price of the room it is something which I feel should be included. €42 for an adult is a lot for breakfast!
We took up the option of the free bikes and this is something I'd strongly recommend. The hotel is only a 5 minute cyle to the Englisher Garten where there are lots of great bike trails plus some great beer gardens for a quick pit stop!
Undoubtably though the highlight of the hotel is the roof top bar and pool. My son and I really loved it and the pool though small has the best view I've had from any pool. Stunning. The bar is pretty cool too and a great place to have a drink or a bite to eat. The house curries look delicious and not too expensive given the location.
If you want a wonderful hotel for a special occasion I'd recommend it 100%.
One small gripe- Wifi is not free and costs €18 a day. For the price of the room I think this should be included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quietly tucked away in a side street, yet centrally located near the famed Maximilianstrasse, Mandarin Oriental, Munich is an elegant gem of Neo-Renaissance charm, providing the highest levels of personalised service in the city and award-winning restaurant and bars. The newly refurbished 48 spacious rooms and 25 suites offer the finest in contemporary luxury and, along with the stunning roof-top pool, feature views that stretch across the picturesque surroundings of the old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Munich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Munich Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Munich
- Munich Mandarin Oriental