“Service rarely matched”

Ranked #3 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Singapore, Republic of Singapore
“Service rarely matched”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I spend a lot of time travelling and staying in hotels which have a 5 star rating. The Mandarin Oriental in Munich however takes the service I would expect to another level. All the staff in the hotel seem focussed on ensuring your every need is anticipated and you enjoy your stay. Reception, Concierge, Bar, Restaurant, everyone was so friendly and helpful. I am not easily impressed but this hotel managed that feat. It is also a beautiful building with really nice rooms which are well designed for comfort. The location is excellent for both business and pleasure. This will definitely be my hotel of choice when I return to Munich

2 Thank KMS888
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear KMS888,
What a pleasure to read your kind words and many thanks for sharing your impressions on your visit. We are delighted to hear that we fulfilled our aim to anticipate guests’ needs and that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay at Mandarin Oriental, Munich. We are very much looking forward to your return visit in the near future.
Mandarin Oriental, Munich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I would like express my sincere gratitude for the warm reception that Mandarin Oriental Munich provided me with.
Special thanks to Mr. Max Murmann and his colleague Ms. Stafanie Sach and whole of restaurant team, who does his job very well! The amazing taste of the food with Asian touch together with high-level service and very friendly atmosphere are worthy of the highest praise!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank ValentinVV
Dear ValentinVV,
We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your visit at Mandarin Oriental, Munich and our Restaurant Mark’s. My colleagues, especially Max Murmann and Stefanie Sach, were grateful to receive such a good appraisal. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the food and atmosphere of Restaurant Mark’s. We all are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to our hotel in the near future.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

It was my first time in Munich and I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to German hospitality and service than the Mandarin Oriental . The reception team was very pleasant and accommodating and even offered more than was expected — our room was still being prepared and would only be ready in 15 minutes so they offered us complimentary drinks in the lobby bar while we waited (this was aside from the welcome drink vouchers we also received). The service during breakfast was also good; the wait staff seemed two steps ahead in anticipating our needs, consistently offering beverages and hot food without appearing anxious or over-eager.
The hotel itself can't be ignored, either. The hotel is a short walk from Maximilianstrasse, Munich's best locale for designer shopping (Dior, Chanel, Jil Sander, Bulgari, etc). There is also a nice little backerei next to the hotel and a bar/cafe that serves nice croissants and a good espresso.
The rooms at the MO Munich are a bit small (as are most hotel rooms in Europe) but are cozy and well-appointed. We got a room on the top floor just below the hotel's rooftop pool and bar China Moon Terrace. This bar is a must for visitors to Munich. It has a great view of Munich's landmarks (cathedrals, historical buildings) and the red-tiled roofs of most of the city's establishments. We suggest booking way in advance if you want to eat dinner, however. We were there on a Sunday, and were told that they could only accommodate us for dinner on Thursday.

2 Thank AniK01
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear AniK01,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mandarin Oriental, Munich. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay in Munich. Your comments make us very happy. We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to our hotel.
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We spent four nights at the Mandarin Oriental in Munich. My husband, who has traveled internationally on business for almost 40 years, says it was the best service he has ever encountered. We were addressed by name by everyone, even the doorman. (Perhaps us Texans were a little easy to pick out?). I arranged tours at the front desk and due to construction on the street had to meet at a hotel a short distance away. We had breakfast at the restaurant hotel (Mark's?). Only buffet I have ever seen that included Bratwurst and beer for breakfast. The Hofbrau House was directly behind our hotel (and visible from our window), but no noise was noticed. They had twice daily service, and as I was beat at the end of each day I requested service early and they always responded immediately. The hotel arranged transportation to and from the airport. There was about 100 Euro difference between private car and taxi (each way). The hotel arranged taxis were very nice with English speaking drivers. Only thing I can warn you about is I did not realize EVERYTHING is closed on Sundays. This of course is not an issue with the hotel, but I do wish they had told me. I saved Sunday as my "shopping day" and was disappointed to find that nothing other than restaurants and museums were open on Sunday. It was my first trip to Germany so I just was not aware of this tradition. So I spent my Sunday afternoon watching a 27 euro movie in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Canterqueen
Dear Canterqueen,
It was a pleasure reading your marvelous comments on the occasion of your recent stay at our hotel. This is a great encouragement to the team. I am so sorry that you were not aware of German shopping hours. So you have a reason to come back to Munich for shopping. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again to Mandarin Oriental, Munich in the near future.
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is regarded as the best in Munich - one of the best anywhere. A one rosette Michelin restaurant (Mark's) plus an Asion roof top option. Great location just off Maximilianstrasse and close to many top restaurants and the main tourist area in the Marienplatz precinct. The MO team is without equal from Concierge Darrio to the most junior baggage or door boy. Rooms are beautifully appointed, furnishings are fresh and not tired.

1 Thank Rod L
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear buster15,
First of all we want to say thank you for sharing such positive comments on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that you had a good time in Munich and especially at Mandarin Oriental, Munich. Thank you for your positive feedback about our China Moon roof terrace and our Michelin starred restaurant Mark´s. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here over the weekend with my son. It was a wonderful experience. We had come to Munich to see Bayern Munich Play the first football game of the Season at the Allianz Arena. We were made feel incredibly welcome by the staff as soon as we arrived. Check in was effortless and when we got to the room the hotel had little presents for me and my son; a Bayern Munich scarf each. We were thrilled with that and these are the little touches which set a hotel like this apart from others.

The room was perhaps smaller than I expected (given the price) though it was a lovely room. Really comfortable beds with fantastically luxurious duvets and soft pillows. My son wanted to take the bed clothes home with him they were that good!

Bathroom was in marble with a lovely bath overlooking Munich and a large walk in shower. Top class.

Breakfast was excellent though given the price of the room it is something which I feel should be included. €42 for an adult is a lot for breakfast!

We took up the option of the free bikes and this is something I'd strongly recommend. The hotel is only a 5 minute cyle to the Englisher Garten where there are lots of great bike trails plus some great beer gardens for a quick pit stop!

Undoubtably though the highlight of the hotel is the roof top bar and pool. My son and I really loved it and the pool though small has the best view I've had from any pool. Stunning. The bar is pretty cool too and a great place to have a drink or a bite to eat. The house curries look delicious and not too expensive given the location.

If you want a wonderful hotel for a special occasion I'd recommend it 100%.

One small gripe- Wifi is not free and costs €18 a day. For the price of the room I think this should be included.

Room Tip: Avoid floor 6 as rooms there are built into roof and have velux style windows. The rooms on floors b...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bambergfan
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear bambergfan,
Thank you for taking time to write these fantastic comments on Trip Advisor. Your comments make us very happy.
We are delighted to hear that you and your son enjoyed the stay at Mandarin Oriental, Munich and that your son loved especially the “bed clothes”. 
Thank you for your positive feedback about our China Moon roof terrace and the pool area.
How wonderful to hear that you had a pleasant bike tour through Munich.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon. Maybe for the next football match at the Allianz Arena?
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Very nice situated Hotel, just 3 min. walking distance to the city center "Marienplatz" and 2 min. walking distance to the famous shopping boulevard "Maximilianstraße".

Entering the Hotel you are heartly welcomed by the concierge service and the doormen, who will take care of all arrangements regarding car and luggage. Rooms are cozy and generous equiped. The bed is soft and comfortable, only minus here is the gash between the two beds moved together as a single kingsize bed, but just ask for the housekeeping service and they immediate take care and fill the bed with some sort of additional mattress.

Service during breakfast is warm and caring and quality of food and beverages is excellent.
Very relaxing and hot (we had 36°C) stay, we will certainly return!

2 Thank N B
MOMUCMunich, Geschäftsführer at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear N B,
Thank you for taking time and write these fantastic comments on Trip Advisor. Your comments make us very happy.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your “hot stay” in Munich and it will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon to the Mandarin Oriental, Munich.