We stayed in the Mandarin Oriental on the bank holiday weekend in May. Booked direct with Mandarin website on the seasonal choices rate which included fruit in the room and breakfast. We booked an Ecxecutive Suite - which was certainly not cheap but absolutely the 2nd best hotel room we've stayed in after the Al Maha in Dubai.
I was warned in advance that the hotel was undergoing rennovations, but that my room would not be affected with noise or scaffolding as we would be on the top floor. The rooftop pool was still closed until the end of June.
Certainly our room was totally unaffected by scaffolding (we were on the top 7'th floor) however lower floors may have windows covered over so you should check in advance. It seemed they were coming to the end of the exterior rennovation program.
The room was truly sensational - 704. The glass dome in the lounge area, the €30,000 of Bang & Olufsen TV/Audio kit (we priced it in the B&O shop ;-) ), the decor, the Molton Brown amenities were all absolutely fantastic. Definitely would recomend the hotel. The staff were all pleasant - I wouldnt say they they were extraordinary, but certainly up to the required and expected standard.
Brekfast was great - beautifully cooked omlettes, just the right size, with pleasant buffet. It's not a US style pile it high approach, more of a much much higher quality with less quantity.
Compared to the snooty staff in Bayersicher Hof and the random rooms (some good, others very bad), the A/C lottery etc, we would only ever consider the Mandarin now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quietly tucked away in a side street, yet centrally located near the famed Maximilianstrasse, Mandarin Oriental, Munich is an elegant gem of Neo-Renaissance charm, providing the highest levels of personalised service in the city and award-winning restaurant and bars. The newly refurbished 48 spacious rooms and 25 suites offer the finest in contemporary luxury and, along with the stunning roof-top pool, feature views that stretch across the picturesque surroundings of the old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Munich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Munich Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Munich
- Munich Mandarin Oriental