Mercure Hotel Munchen am Olympiapark
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$248
US$82
US$303
US$248
  • Pool
Carat Hotel & Apartments Munchen(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$91
  • Bar/Lounge
US$213
US$206
Hotels.com
US$108
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$97
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsolympic parktram stopcity centretaking trambreakfast buffet was finenice hotelbmw weltlady on receptionsmall showertrams and busespublic transportstay there againenglish channelsbooked this hotelmain roadvisiting munichshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights a couple of weeks ago as part of a holiday trip visiting both Stuttgart and then Munich. I would like to say straight away that this is simply one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. It's probably not the most luxurious but just about everything I experienced was done well. I arrived in Munich at the main railway station in the center of the city and to get to the hotel it is just a matter of taking either the number 21 or 22 tram from Dachauer Str which is just to the north of the station. The cost of a single fare was E2.60 and it's just a five minute journey alighting at the Leonrod Platz halt. The hotel is then a couple of hundred meters along the road to the left from the tram's direction of travel.
Upon entering the hotel I was quickly and efficiently checked in by the receptionist. I had booked my room via the Accor Hotels web site and was told that as I hold one of their A Club loyalty cards I was being given an upgraded room and a voucher which I could exchange for a free welcome drink at the hotel's bar.
My room was on the first floor and my first impressions were good. Large in size with a very generous sized bed the room was actually quite hot. The radiators were in fact turned on full but after opening both windows I achieved a more pleasant temperature quite quickly.
I soon had a nice fresh cup of coffee prepared made on the clever little machine provided. Bathroom facilities were all fine and the shower temperature was easily adjustable. The bed was comfortable but I needed one extra. As I mentioned above the bed was a very good size but there was only one pillow provided. A request for another one made back down at reception resulted in a second pillow being delivered to my door a short while later.
About the only aspect of the room I would criticize would be the slight lack of good lighting considering the room's size. There were small lamps on each side of the bed and a light of modest output running across the top of the bed headboard. A floor standing lamp too was only of moderate output. There was a slightly brighter light over the desk/table. The only light from the ceiling was somewhat further away more in the hallway from the entrance door. Considering the size of the room I think it really needed one more main light in the ceiling nearer the centre of the room.
I enjoyed my complimentary free drink, a nice cold glass of local Sparten beer, in the hotel bar which offered a nice relaxed atmosphere.
I used the wi-fi facility in both my room and the bar which, as in several German Accor hotels I have stayed at in the past, is provided by a company called M3 Connect, and as ever found it to work perfectly. There was no extra charge for this service which is certainly to be applauded.
I enjoyed good nights sleep here. Although the room is on a large main road it seemed that after about 8PM the activity outside dropped right off and it became a very quiet location.
One of the best features I loved about this hotel was the super buffet breakfast that they provide which has a very large choice of items including a modest hot menu which you can help yourself too. It really was a great meal to start the day.
The hotel is very well located to get to all parts of the city. I had a lovely stroll over to the nearby Olympic Park which was most pleasant to walk through and offered superb views of the sporting facilities and south back over the city. In that area I visited the BMW museum and their huge BMW World sales pavilion and took in superb high views over the city from the top of the Olympic Tower. The superb public transport network of buses, trams and underground means every area of the city is easily accessed.
So as you can sense from my review I absolutely loved my stay at this hotel and as far as I'm concerned I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Cameramankeith
JFernandezRidano, Manager at Mercure Hotel Munchen am Olympiapark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Cameraman Keith,

Thank you very much for such a positive and complete review on our Hotel, I have to say I enjoyed very much reading it!
I am glad that everything was satisfying and appreciate the feedback on the lighting of the room.

I hope you pay another visit to our lovely city, and of course enjoy our premises once more.

With warmest regards from Munich

Juan Fernandez and the Mercure München am Olympiapark team

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel during a 3-day business trip to Munich. Room and bath were both clean. Breakfast was great, very large variety of food and drinks.
The only problem was the parking place on the street, as the street is quite busy, but we did find eventually places to park our car.
Staff is friendly and helpful.
The rooms have facilities for tea making.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed here during Oktoberfest and have been in Munich for Oktoberfest before so we knew we would be paying a lot more no matter where we stayed. That being said, we really enjoyed our stay here. We received a free welcome drink upon arrival and had a quick check in. Our room had an adjoining door to the next room and we could clearly hear the TV from the next room. We asked for a different room and we were given a room that was much larger and no adjoining door. Obviously, we were very happy with that resolution. The room was clean and comfortable. Free wifi was good too. The bathrooms and shower are quite small but you're not living in a bathroom, right?!
The breakfast was fabulous - not sure what more you could want: sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, multiple types of great bread/rolls, various meat and cheeses, fruit, two types of yogurt, muesli, cereal, pastries, teas, coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice - all was included with our room rate.
We loved the location. A couple minutes walk to the tram stop, less than 10 minutes into the city center or you could walk in about 30 to Marienplatz. Being out of the city center, it was super quiet a night.
There are also a few restaurants, cafes and stores within a few minutes so you are not completely isolated.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 112 and we had friends that stayed in room 212 and they were the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SKWorldTravelers
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Normally if you pay £150 a night for bed and breakfast you would expect something special and this wasn’t. The problem is it is Oktoberfest so all Munich hotels rip you off over these two weeks – but that doesn’t make it right – only normal.
Rooms are small and whilst just about everything is there – it’s not worth the money. Breakfast OK. Bar – no ice, limited range of spirits (no Gin). Staff are great and very helpful. Good location and near to trams, buses, and city centre. Rooms are quiet at the back of the hotel. Would I stay there again? Difficult to say, mainly because although there is enormous choice – so are prices at this time.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We had a big room on the fourth floor, but the lift only goes to the third. Very comfortable bed and all amenities in the room, but the heating didnt work and the hotel engineer was not available on a sunday!!!! So we had one day with no heating.

Very good breakfasts and helpful staff.

Our only complaint is that the hotel is very understaffed, with only one receptionist who doubles as a barmaid in the small bar, and only one waitress who has to keep a busy breakfast buffet dining room clean and stocked up. The poor girl is rushed off her feet.

Trams into town stop outside the hotel, and the area is quiet and peaceful at night.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple