We have just come back from a weekend break at Munich and I’m so pleased I picked this hotel. It’s an easy journey on the tram from the main railway station or from the airport. The lady on reception (I’m sorry I didn’t get her name) was so polite and friendly. She let us leave our luggage whilst we went and explored the city until it was time for check in and then same again on departure day – nothing was too much trouble for her. Our room faced the back and was very quiet and had brilliant curtains so very dark at night and I had some fantastic sleep, helped by the comfy beds (yes there are two single duvets for a double bed, but that meant no fighting over the duvet!). There were lovely complimentary toiletries, water and a high tech tea/coffee machine and bathrobe in the room. Breakfast was mainly continental with some hot food like mini sausages and eggs, and was all of high quality. The girls at breakfast were very quick to clear tables and to replenish the breakfast buffet when getting low. It was included in our price but not sure it’s worth the 16 euro charge given the bakery next door with fantastic pastries and coffee. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and Munich, I was pleasantly surprised but had a lovely weekend break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the harmonious blend of historic charm and modern decor in the stylish, completely non smoking 3 star Mercure Munchen am Olympiapark. Our 66 rooms, individually appointed to help you feel at home, cosy hotel bar and garden terrace provide every comfort for your short break or business trip. The many sights of the city centre are just a 7 minute tram ride away. Guests can enjoy a walk around the Olympic Park, just 200 m from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Hotel Munchen am Olympiapark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Munchen Am Olympiapark
- Accor Munchen Am Olympiapark