“Excellent for a three star hotel”

Mercure Hotel Munchen am Olympiapark
Ranked #149 of 382 Hotels in Munich
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent for a three star hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My brother and I were very happy staying here. It is very clean and our room was modern. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a room with a coffee making machine. Our reason for staying here is that it is a short distance from the BMW experience in the Olympic Park which was the purpose of our trip as it was my brother's 50th Birthday. The 12 tram takes you to the U Bahn and the Olympic park is only two stops from there.

Breakfast was very good indeed with good and varied selection on offer. We sat outside in the courtyard garden which was very pleasant.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor in room 114. Very easy access with the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank johntaylor555
JFernandezRidano, Assistant General Manager at Mercure Hotel Munchen am Olympiapark, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear "Johntayler555"

thank you very much for your kind words.

Indeed the Hotel München am Olympiapark is very close to the BMW World and not far away from the Munich City Center.

would be very nice hosting you again on your next trip to Munich

best regards

Brian Staudenmaier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Arabic first
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I spent one night int this hotel. Although on the internet there was a lower rate mentioned I was not able to book the cheaper one via direct booking.
the parking possibilities for cars are limited.
I had a room on the 4th floor. The elevator brings you up to the 3rd floor only and you need to take the stairs to reach the 4th floor.
it was very hot in the room (under the roof) and the AC did not work well. The room itself was also very small but clean.
Berakfast is not special but ok

Room Tip: 4th floor is directly under the roof and very hot in summer
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
JFernandezRidano, Manager at Mercure Hotel Munchen am Olympiapark, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Landan 2014,

thank you very much for review on the Mercure Hotel München am Olympiapark.

Our Staircase is protected Heritage of the city of Munich, therefore we cannot make the elevator reach the 4th floor, since that would imply restructuring the Staircase. Nevertheless, I hope it wasn't too much trouble.

I am sorry about the AC not working in the room, we did experienced some issued as the weather got suddenly too warm, still I am glad to hear that the room was clean and the Breakfast was OK.

with kindest regards from Munich

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

It was a nice hotel that is not too far from the city centre with the tram just around the corner. There are a few bars and restaurants nearby. I highly recommend the Greek restaurant to the left and he Georgian restaurant to the right. For something cheaper the Weinerwald on the corner is nice too.
My family were there for a week and could not fault anything. The staff were the best thing about the hotel. They were helpful with every question or problem I had. The AC was not working on my first night. The engineer was coming the next day but they gave a fan and complimentary bottle of water. Also with any travelling or tourist information they were really helpful. Unlike my hotel in Berlin the previous year, their level of English is perfect. Also I loved the old Olympic posters that are throughout the hotel.
Only negative is that breakfast is 16euros per day per person. For a family of 5 staying for 7 nights is far too expensive but there is a supermarket opposite so you can sort yourself out there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Manveer1989,

Thank you very much for such a nice review on the Mercure Hotel München am Olympiapark.

it is always nice to receive positive feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that my team left a good impression on you.

I do hope you pay us another visit next time you come to Munich.

with kindest regards,

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I must say that I really loved Munich, its public transport & the hotel was comfortable , in an excellent location which enabled us to explore this beautiful city.Its about 15-20 min(from Fasaneriestrasse) by tram/bus and then the metro (from Rotkreutzplatz) to the city centre(Hauptbahnof or to Marienplatz).The neighbourhood was excellent & felt v.safe with a supermarket nearby (penny)..The rooms and bathroom were on the smaller side but nevertheless clean & comfortable.. On the whole, very satisfied

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tejas N,

Thank you very much for your review on the Mercure Hotel München am Olympiapark, I am very glad that you enjoyed it and I am also glad that appreciated the fact that the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope we can welcome you back to our small Hotel.

with kindest regards from Munich

wellington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The room was a bit small, but cheap and comfortable. We had our own bathroom with shower and tv.
Everything worked well and the staff were very helpful.
The only reason it gets a 3 from me instead of a 4 is the size and that it was a little way out from the city so venturing out at night meant a few trams. But the trams once again as the rest of Germany were very efficient and timely.

Very enjoyable time in műnchen.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
JFernandezRidano, Manager at Mercure Hotel Munchen am Olympiapark, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Joe5nz,

thank you very much for your review on the Mercure München am Olympiapark Hotel!
I am glad that you ejoyed your time in Munich and your stay in the hotel.

Hope you pay us a visit next time you are in Munihc,

with kindest regards

Juan Fernandey and the Mercure München am Olympiapark team
south england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have just come back from a weekend break at Munich and I’m so pleased I picked this hotel. It’s an easy journey on the tram from the main railway station or from the airport. The lady on reception (I’m sorry I didn’t get her name) was so polite and friendly. She let us leave our luggage whilst we went and explored the city until it was time for check in and then same again on departure day – nothing was too much trouble for her. Our room faced the back and was very quiet and had brilliant curtains so very dark at night and I had some fantastic sleep, helped by the comfy beds (yes there are two single duvets for a double bed, but that meant no fighting over the duvet!). There were lovely complimentary toiletries, water and a high tech tea/coffee machine and bathrobe in the room. Breakfast was mainly continental with some hot food like mini sausages and eggs, and was all of high quality. The girls at breakfast were very quick to clear tables and to replenish the breakfast buffet when getting low. It was included in our price but not sure it’s worth the 16 euro charge given the bakery next door with fantastic pastries and coffee. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and Munich, I was pleasantly surprised but had a lovely weekend break.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back were very quiet, even on the first floor. But the whole area seemed quiet too
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JFernandezRidano, Manager at Mercure Hotel Munchen am Olympiapark, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear "Bognorlas"

we very much appreciate your kind words. It is always nice to hear comments like yours and to know that our Guest felt well and enjoyed their stay.

we are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Mercure Hotel München am Olympiapark!

warm regards
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights for Oktoberfest 2013. The hotel was clean. We were lucky with parking and able to park right outside the hotel. We had a small room on the top floor which required walking up one flight of stairs. The room and bathroom were small but adequate. We chose price over location due to the price of rooms for Oktoberfest. We used a taxi to get to and from the festivities. There is a bakery next door and easy access to several little restaurants or delis.Overall, hotel was average.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple