“Ideal location, value for money, very nice hotel”

Leonardo Hotel Muenchen City West
Ranked #119 of 383 Hotels in Munich
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Ideal location, value for money, very nice hotel”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Booked as part of a large group booking, arrived early at the hotel, staff were very helpful and were able to let us check in to our rooms 2 hours early. Rooms were modern and clean, we had a mixture of rooms (twins and triple rooms) triple rooms very comfortable, also had double electric hob, microwave and wash sink. Staff friendly and helpful, breakfast a little pricey at €12, but seemed to have a good selection, the hotel is located close to two cafes selling pastries, also super market and tobaconist are close by.
Hotel well situated, approx 2 min walk to U-bahn then 8mins on the u-bahn to Marienplatz, metro are regular, every 10mins.
Overall great stay in munich.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This hotel was in a good location, right down the street from the underground so it was very easy to get around. Very clean. I didn't eat breakfast there, it seemed a bit expensive to me. There were two nice bakeries right now the street though and that is where I had breakfast during my stay in Munich. There is free wi-fi in the lobby but other than that they just have one computer for use or you have to pay for wi-fi in your room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed a few nights on our trip through Europe and chose this hotel because of the location. I used to live in the area years back and wanted to rather feel like a local than a tourist. U-Bahn station a hop skip and jump away, also some shops nearby.
Rooms were of a decent size, however the kingsize bed was to single beds pushed together with separate doonas. I completely had forgotten that this something to expect in German hotels. A plus was the terrace attached to the room, kitchenette something that you will find in most motels in Australia as standard. Staff were nice, pleasant and helpful.
All up, good value for the money we paid.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I recently spent six night at the hotel and found it lacking in any kind of service. I booked a room with a double and a single and when we got there it was two singles and a cot. It was late when we checked in so we went ahead and went with what we were given. When I went to the desk the next morning and told them of the mix up they basically said too bad. If it wouldn't have been Easter weekend I would have packed up and left. We also was supposed to have a breakfast included with the room that was reclined. And to top it off the phone did not work in our room and when I went down to ask the about getting it fix they said maybe in a couple days.
This is not how you should be treated in a four star hotel, it was more like a Hotel Six.
I would not stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 57bronc_Tom
Yoram B, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Hotel Muenchen City West, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Tom,

thank you for your feedback. It is so important for us to see your comments, because only then we can prove ourself and get better.
The full hotel over easter time is correct, but of course you should have get, what you booked. Unfortunatly I do not know which was your reservation, so I can not answer to the case with the breakfast- if it was included or not.
The telephone is normally working fine. Just sometime we have one or two, which are suddenly "turning off", so the electrician needs too come. Those do not work over weekendes/holidays. Therefor the receptionist told you (unfortunatly in a missunderstanding way), that it can only be made in a few days. Fact is, that we happily are planning a complete new phone system by the end of this year.

I am sorry for the circumstances and missunderstanding during your stay and hope, that you will give us a second chance.

For any questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards and have a great weekend.

Helena Bachmann
Guest Relation Manager
Leonardo Hotels Munich & Nürnberg
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Room itself was a good size but a bad smell was coming from the drains in the bathroom. It took until the third day for the defect to be rectified after continually telling the staff of the problem, I don't know if it was a language problem but it was only until I wanted to invite the manager up for a smell of the room that things happened. Really shabby service for the asking prices of this hotel, on top of the that the so callled Kitchenette microwave still had food debri in it, no coffee or tea making facilities, be aware that the Hotels restaraunt is closed on a Sunday and so are the local shops. WiFi services in the rooms are overpriced and unreliable.

On a positive note the buffet breakfast is ok and the majority of the reception staff are very helpful.
The location of the hotel is very good, close to the railway and once again the reception staff where very helpful with tickerts and information.

Next time we are in Munich we will not consider staying at this hotel

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HFP_13
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This hotel is okay, but it is overrated (no way this should be called a four-star hotel, I have stayed in better two-star hotels). It is also very overpriced for its amenities and location.

When I arrived here, they had given me a different room than I was promised. I had booked through an online travel agency, and while it was last minute, I was assured I would have a king or queen sized bed. Instead I had two single beds on opposite sides of the room. Not exactly ideal for a honeymoon with my wife.... I complained to the management but they said they did not have the room that I wanted for the entirety of our stay (5 nights).

The location of the hotel is not ideal, it is located in a small cluster of shops in an otherwise residential area. There are only two restaurants within walking distance. However, the U-Bahn stop is only two blocks away, which does help.

Finally, the hotel seems quite a bit overpriced, perhaps if it was rated properly though (maybe 2.5 or 3 stars) it wouldn't be so much. The morning coffee available at the attached restaurant was way to expensive and the hotel wifi was 6 euros an hour!

This is not a good hotel for non-german tourists. Next time in Munich I will find a better priced hotel in a more convenient location.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed here for one night and were gone pretty quickly the next morning. The hotel has everything you need - comfy beds, modern room, decent shower.

It is also located close to a subway station and therefore only 5 minutes from the city centre.

Would recommend!