Leonardo Hotel Muenchen City West
US$190
US$133
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$122
Agoda.com
US$160
US$145
  • Room Service
KING's HOTEL Center(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$129
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$93
Agoda.com
US$514
US$396
  • Pool
All reviewsu bahn stationcity centreself cateringsmall balconynice hotelgood sizeday ticketroom was spotlessbusiness hotelone night stayreception staffundergroundstopsmicrowavetraineurooktoberfest
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Not A Vitruvian Hotel

I was in Munich on business and needed to change my parties dates of stay. Upon check-in we inquired about the cancelation of our reservation for our last night. At that time we were told we could cancel without penalty but that we would have to contact staff in the morning. The next morning I followed up with staff who informed me they would have to verify my conversation from the prior day because it was now to late to cancel without a ninety percent (90%) penalty. Staff advised me they would call there colleague at a specific time later in the day. I was at the front desk at the time this phone call was to occur and after thirty (30) minutes inquired with staff about it. The same staff person I had spoken to that morning advised me they would not contact their colleague because "it didn't matter" given I was now outside the cancelation window. We debated the issue and staff (plural) was surly, curt and dismissive of my concerns. Basically, I got the FULL SCAM ON RUN AROUND this hotel reserves for visitors to Germany. The resolution of this issue was less than satisfactory. Clearly, the shabby treatment and dismissive attitude I experienced is reflective of company values.

If you're still interested in staying here the location is about 20 minutes from the town center with traffic so it is not a central / convenient location. There is no air conditioning in the hotel and there are no fans in the hotel rooms. If it's hot like it was when I stayed it will be tough to sleep. The rooms are clean but small and cramped by my standards and the bed was just ok (small single bed). Maid service was below average - they left me no towels after my dispute. I wasn't sure what to make of it but it was lovely to get out of the shower and not even have a hand towel. The hotel surrounds the garden area of an affiliated Italian restaurant so it is loud until 11:30pm and the noise starts again at 6:00am when set up for breakfast starts. If your room windows are open you won't be able to sleep - it's that noisy. This restaurant is very good for dinner. It is family owned and the food is excellent. There's a laundry facility in the basement which was easy to access and utilize - 4.5 Euros for a load (wash and dry). There's an ironing board and iron in laundry facility you won't find one in your room. The bottom line here is that the Leonardo Hotel Munich is the last place you want to stay. I will never give business to the Leonardo Hotel chain again - know they will not value your patronage and that their morale and business compass is broken irregardless of what they claim.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank sanbros
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The hotel is located 50 m from the Brudermühlerstraße U bahn station which is less than a 10 minute ride from Marienplatz, so easily reachable by public transport. It is suitable for a business trip or short city break. Breakfast is extra at €12 which we didn't try as we thought a bit steep.

The hotel appears to be recently decorated and the rooms are clean, in good condition and well equipped. A small balcony, lots of power points, a TV, safe and hairdryer are provided, as well as a very compact hidden kitchenette with microwave, fridge, kettle and two hotplates, although no pans.

WiFi is available but at a rather expensive hourly rate, however on the 4th floor there is a communal room with a PC and printer with free internet access.

The beds, two singles pushed together with separate duvets were comfortable, an arm chair, desk and chair are also provided.

Niggles - The complimentary coffee and tea wasn’t topped up, although reception was able to provide replacements, and the lift was out of action for 3 days during our stay.

Tips – The simplest way to get around town and from the airport is with a Single or Partner day ticket, the cost varies according to the area covered. Tickets should be stamped before use and expire at 6am the following day, there are also 3 day passes, however as you require the entire network pass twice to get to and from the airport this may not work out cheaper. The inner ticket will suffice for most city travel

One day pass | Area Covered | Single | Partner (up to 5 adults)
Inner district | Most of the centre (white zone) | €5.80 | €10.60
Munich XXL | White & green zone | €7.80 | €13.60
Entire network| Out to Airport | €11.20 | €20.40

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelper_UK
Reviewed 4 November 2013

There was a group of us, students to attend the seminar in Munich. We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights and my experience was very satisfying. Everything was good: rooms, bathrooms, breakfast, location. The internet is limited though, you have an option of subscribing to the ibahn wi-fi which was around 5 euro per hour (which is quite expensive for me) or using the only computer in the business room. The gym and sauna were closed to renovation, but we never had time for them anyway.
Location is very stategic, about 10-15 minutes to the city center from the metro station right besides the hotel. Some cafes and a grocery shop surrounded the hotel so you always have necessities nearby.
Staff was very helpful and provided us with slippers, umbrellas etc upon request.

Room Tip: Room on the fourth floor I was staying in had a mini-kitchen inside (with the electronic cooker, micro wave machine, fridge etc), while rooms on the second floor had just a refrigerator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

stayed for the touristy Oktoberfest. it was a great idea. located far enough away to not be near the chaos, but close enough on the subway line for quick ride. it was clean, orderly, and they gave us wrist bands to put on to show to cabby if we got too drunk.. nice touch. they were nice to all of us drunk tourists. the bar is pricey though. rooms were cool, and clean

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed here during the Oktoberfest and had a really excellent time. The staff were very friendly and helpful, very conveniently located right next to the U-bahn which takes you directly into the city centre.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple