“I would rate this 0/5 if I could”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Pension Seibel

Pension Seibel
Ranked #46 of 65 Munich B&B and Inns
Sierra Vista
“I would rate this 0/5 if I could”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Our experience at this hotel SUCKED. Let me count the ways:
1.) We made a reservation in advance with Booking.com, a site we've used in the past with great success. We reserved a single room for my mother and a double room for myself and my fiancee. Somehow, the double room had "a problem with the reservation" because of some kind of festival or market in town. We accepted a single room with a promise of a "discount" from the night manager, and as a result my fiancee and I got crammed into a single room with an "emergency bed" on the FLOOR. Better yet, this "emergency bed" consisted of WOODEN PALLETS with a thin pad on top. I slept like crap, when I was even able to nod off. But, while I was awake, I had plenty of time to feel the cold coming up off the floor - which was only 4 inches from my body.

2.) The next morning, when going check out, we informed the day manager (a grumpy older man that I've read about in other reviews) of the situation. He didn't care one bit. He was rude, accused us of trying to defraud him / get the room for free, and FINALLY acquiesced to a 10 Euro discount. So, that brought us down to the price of a single room. Effectively he was telling me he thought I didn't exist, since "you still had one person sleep on a bed so we charge you the single room rate." There was simply no reasoning with him and of course "the owner is not here until Monday." We finally paid just to be through with him.

As far as the room itself, it was very narrow. It reminded me of a college dormitory from 30 years ago. The shower dripped all over the floor and there was no spillover drain so the next morning we walked in freezing / gross standing water. No soap or amenities were provided and only one towel that was on its 5000th wash and could stand up by itself it was so stiff.

That said, the one plus of this hotel is its location. If you can drug yourself with enough NyQuil to sleep on a wooden plank, it's only a 5 minute walk from the Marienplatz.

Bottom line, I absolutely would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, ever, and suggest you stay far far away from this place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Matthew F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

I had to stay here because it was the only place with rooms available during octoberfest. I got a room the size of a broom closet and they charged about 250 dollars per night!!
The room was on the third floor, no elevator,old ugly furniture, the guy doing the check-out was VERY rude.
There is nothing quaint or bavarian style about this place, it's located in a very ugly concrete building
At the end they let us know it was cash only even though they had our credit card information so we had to go out in the city looking for an ATM.
I have traveled all around the world and seriously this is the worst place I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank omillan

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Hi this place gets very poor reviews ok first things first i travelled to munich on business only booked here for the location and price every where else was at least as twice as expensive was actually quitely dreading it after reading the reviews here, BUT TRUST ME ON THIS its a great place for value yes theres no lift if you are unable for climbing stairs do not book and yes its not a four star plasma screen large room and designer beds BUT what it is is a rustic charming place to lay your head on a surprisingly comfortable bed in a amazing location at a great price please note if you read my other reviews im not easy to please and i travel extensily this is just great value for money i would highly recomend for business guys not sure on couples because i didnt see the double room but hey if you are young at heart its kind of romantic in a boehiam way would i go back YES I WOULD ITS A STEAL FOR THE LOCATION thanks for reading Paul

Room Tip: breakfast looked great but didnt try drinks in room are very fairly prised its no more than 5 min to...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank paul l
Benfleet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

If you are looking for a bed for the night, in a convenient locatation, run by pleasant helpful people - then this is your place.

If you are looking for a place that has a spacious breakfast room, a bathroom with a jaccuzi and a flatscreen TV on the wall - then don't stay here.

Ideal for a group of blokes on a football trip or visits to bierkellers.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

My husband booked this place for a one night stay. I did not look at any reviews before he booked it and I really wish I had. Like other reviewers say, the place is run down. Our bathroom had a 2 foot wide hole in the wall. The floor was black with mildew. The shower head was not attached to the wall and did not have a place to hang it like in normal European bathrooms. I did not shower because it grossed me out so much.

The breakfast was fine but I was afraid to eat much.

Location is the only saving grace of this place. Find a B&B for much more bang for your buck. This place was not cheap enough to be worth what you had to put up with.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Grace B
Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012 via mobile

This ranks high for location and price. Rooms are smaller but are clean and well kept. Staff is top-notch. Always will be my first choice in Munich.

Stayed April 2011
Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

The good? The location...1 block from the viktualienmarkt and walking distance to Marionplatz and Hofbrauhaus. Rooms were clean.

The bad? We arrived at 2PM, before check in time, to be told that our 3 rooms, which I reserved 3 month prior, were sold to someone else. With 6 travelors, we were offered the "apartment" which is two rooms with 5 twin beds and one small bathroom. The 6th person was accomodated by a 4 inch foam mattress on the floor...not even a rollaway. In addition, I was told that there was a "problem" with my credit card and I would have to pay cash. I asked for a receipt and was given one but was told not to show it to anyone, since she gave me such a good rate she would get in trouble if anyone found out. I asked for a second key and was told that there was a 20 euro deposit...for a key? I had my German friend, who was also staying there and didn't have his room sold out from under him, ask for a key and they gave him one with no charge! By the way, once checked in, I walked right to the bank and withdrew several hundred euro with no "problem".
On the second evening, we were given one double room and again had the apartment for the other 4 people. On checkout, we were charged for two nights in the double room. We finally did get it all worked out after the manager arrived and it seems that the woman who checked us in pocketed the cash I gave her..suprise, suprise! Well, I gave the receipt to the owner and he made a copy so it's not a secret any more.
After reading the reviews, it does appear that a reservation doesn't mean much and I'm not very tolerant of dishonest employees so cannot recommend Pension Seibel

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends