“Notbad”

The 4YOU Hostel & Hotel Munich
“Notbad”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed in a 6 beds dorm in this hostel for few days because it is low price and convenient. The location is good, only few minutes walk from the Munich Central Station.

Most of the staffs are helpful and polite.

Breakfast is included which I appreciate. (Do not expect they are good, but just ok).

The free wifi is good and quite stable, but it can be used only in the common area and the underground bar.

The Dorm is simple (mine is 6 beds dorm), only 3 double deck beds, a table and a chair.
All beds are with their own bedside lamp. And the dorm is only 3 electrical outlet / power points

The bathroom is shared. Only 1 rack for 3 bath cubicle. No door hook for hanging your stuff during bath. No shower gel, shampoo, toothpaste and towel are provided. Make sure you have bring them with you.

Some un-controllable factor is the people:
1) Some people gone crazy in night time which is very disturbing.
2) The people keep come and go at morning and night time. If you stay for long time, be prepared that you will be woken in early morning and night because of noise.
3) the bed itself is noisy, if your roommate has a bad sleep, you will too.

Room Tip: Bring your own power extension socket, since the dorm do not have enough electrical outlet / power p...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Fancy D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
Reviewed 19 October 2013

chose this hostel as it was pretty much the only decently priced accommodation we could find near Theresienwiese. Having stayed here, our decision to book this hotel purely on location was not the right choice. We had a private room in the hostel, with our own shower and toilet. The room smelled like urine and just needs a complete make over due to age. Some soundproofing would also benefit! The wi-fi is available in the common areas, but was so slow that I mistakenly double booked (and was therefore double charged) a tour. Staff were a bit of a mixed bag, some friendly, others would ignore our presence at the reception desk. Given all this we feel particularly cheated as the price we paid would buy us a fairly exceptional hotel experience at any other time of the year!

All in all we spent 6 weeks in Europe, this was definitely the worst hotel we encountered. Would not stay here again and would not recommend to others. Next time we go to Oktoberfest we will sacrifice proximity to the event for a nicer place to sleep once the partying is done for the day (public transport is good!).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChriseBris

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The location of the hotel was AMAZING! My friend and I stayed in one of the private rooms with a private bath, and paint chips were falling off the ceiling in the bathroom. A group of buddies stayed in the 12 or 16 shared room, and it was pretty nice. The staff was pleasant (at times), free wifi in the common area, and free breakfast. Our bed was very uncomfortable, the pillows were awful, and I ended using my travel pillow majority of the time. We were charged 1.50 euro for each extra towel because the hotel only gave us a body towel. So of course, we needed at least another face towel or washcloth. I still do not understand why the private room did not come with at least two towels. Not to mention, they do not provide washcloths, so make sure you have your own washcloth or loofah. The hotel was pretty noisy at night after all the Oktoberfest activities, as I expected it to probably be, but WOW, it was too noisy. We arrived Sunday afternoon from Arizona, and around 1am I woke up to girls singing Thriller outside our window. Granted we were on the 4th floor, and at first I laughed it off and tried going back to sleep, but 2 hours later of singing and stomping, I had enough! Take ear plugs if your travel to this hotel/hostel. We did meet some pretty cool people from Australia and Canada!!!! Overall, not a bad stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Cairns
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

This was booked through a tour group we were with for oktoberfest.
Hostel is very well located near the train station and not far from the centre. It was a great relief that all the reception staff spoke excellent English though they were very rude at times!
We were put in a 4 dorm room with another couple on level 2.
The hostel was clean - no bed bugs at all which is one of the major things I look out for in hostels. There were cages under the bed to store your luggage - but bring a small padlock to lock it.
The bathroom was very clean. There are 3 showers and 4 toilets for the ladies. If you forget your towel, you can rent one for £2.50. Being oktoberfest, bathrooms could get very messy and smelly with naked men frequently walking around the women's bathrooms
The hostel is really really loud. I would guess it wasn't like this all the time, but maybe just because of oktoberfest. We had people at all hours of the night - up until 4am running up and down the hallways, shouting loudly and carrying on all 3 of the nights we were staying there. I recognise that this is not a staff issue, but the noise really does carry. They also have a bar on the lower ground and at times I could hear loud people which I assume is from there.
Breakfast was supplied. Basic - toast, cereal, fruit salad, cheese, meat, tea, coffee - but free so satisfying.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kimmy155
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hostel could be great but is lacking in several areas:

The staff could be rude; I went to buy a drink from the fridge at reception. As soon as I put my hand on my drink of choice I was barked at "That'll be 2.50!" Making me feel I was being accused of attempted theft.

On arriving to our room we were very pleasantly surprised me and my friend were not in a 6 bed female dorm as booked but in a private room of our own. As I had had to pay when I made the booking no extra cost was incurred and the staff made no mention of the upgrade. The room was comfortable however, the pillows were pathetic even when doubled over, we couldn't turn off the radiator and the large window had no safety bracket limiting how wide you could open the window. This wouldn't have been a problem had it not been for the balcony directly outside our window which was a fire escape. We did not feel safe to sleep with the window open in fear for our safety and belongings.

Ok we were staying at peak season during Oktoberfest, in a hostel and hostels can't control how noisy their residents are. That's a given; we probably came home drunk a couple of times and could have been a little quieter. However, they could employ some sound proofing measures such as carpeting the long echoey corridors to prevent sound travelling. Even putting doors along the corridors to break up the sound travelling from other guests and the bathrooms. The bathrooms; we could hear all night (even though our room was nowhere near them) showers, teethbrushing, hand dryers, etc. If the hostel went to the small measure of not propping open the main door to the bathrooms the noise wouldn't carry!

I'm not sure if I would stay here again to be honest although positives were a great location close to the main train station, all you can eat breakfast and free wifi. I do think the hostel could have promoted their facilities better though; their bar, bar snacks and provided a wide range of leaflets advertising the attractions in and around Munich for days when we had no plans.

Room Tip: I think a tip is more appropriate for the hostel owners not the customer!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Marton, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here for the middle weekend of Oktoberfest with a group of four. Room was nice and cosy and was clean. A let down for the place were the bathrooms which being Oktoberfest were just covered in every kind of excrement (including even the showers and sinks) and at one stage boys were using the girls which wasn't nice. Had it not been when the festival was there the facilities themselves would've been fine. The breakfast was really nice and the staff were helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
sazzle2001
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Overall a good hostel for what we were there for (oktoberfest), situated across the road from the main train station and not far from the festival site. The room we stayed in was ideal for what we wanted and bathrooms clean. Bar service was excellent provided by Alex never and empty glass! And food also available. The receptionist is much to be desired for and was quite rude. Yes it can get noisy at this time of year, but if you were looking at staying anywhere else it would cost a lot more. Overall brilliant stay :) would go back.

• Stayed September 2013