“Pretty nice hostel”

Jugendherberge Muenchen-Park
Ranked #11 of 78 Speciality Lodging in Munich
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It's very new and clean inside. There we're a lot of kids around which was a little annoying, but for a place to sleep it was fine. I met some very nice people from 25-30 in the two days I spent there and ended up seeing some sights and having dinner with them. I would stay there again, it was a little warm in the room though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Vtraveler997
JHMPark, Manager at Jugendherberge Muenchen-Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you very much for your stay and your review, very appreciated.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

To begin - this is not a youth hostel it is better to refer to it as a family hostel that is completely overpriced for what you get.. The beds are harder than rocks.. There was one nice lady who checked is in but then after that every other staff member was cold, if not outright rude! It was not centrally located whatsoever.. The free breakfast was limited and there's a charge to take anything, even an apple out with you.. We were very dissapointed!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Hannahokane
JHMPark, Manager at Jugendherberge Muenchen-Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

thats a very outrageous review.
We always say we are not downtown partyhostel. Don't blame us for not beeing in city center, we never promised that!
Our breakfast is all you can eat, not all you can take away, you had 2 hands full of stuff from the breakfast room, not just an apple.....
you may want to withdraw this review?

Reviewed 14 January 2014

we have stayed here now for the last 5 years over the octoberfest period in a large group of men, the rooms are very clean, tidy, all the staff within the jugenherberge are a credit to the team, all ways very helpful and polite and always willing.
i l have also stayed here while coaching football as i took my team over for a week to play games against germany teams and again spot on, and i had 14 under 12s and there parents staying there.
it very easy to get to centre of town, and few stop stops to octoberfest .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank nicko12014
JHMPark, Manager at Jugendherberge Muenchen-Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you very much for your visits and your coment. We are happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed in Munich for a total of 4 days, I was a solo traveler and was quite busy touring around on my own schedule because I had won a trip from The Big Blog Exchange program by Hostelling International...

Pros: I really liked that the place was quiet, there weren't a lot of families staying when I had gone but I noticed a small number of couples/ a group of friends, and on my first night, a school trip of special children. The place is clean, friendly atmosphere and I like their lounge area where you can plug in your laptop and work. There is a great selection of food every morning, and if you get hungry at night the mini-bar sells small pizzas. I also liked their rooms, the heater works great and the bathrooms are big and clean. Reception staff was also very helpful and accomodating. As a solo female traveler, I would say that this is a great hostel to stay at, given that you're like me who likes to keep to herself and like the quiet. I met 3 American girls from the hostel who I went with to visit Dachau.

Cons: You need to go up flights of stairs to get to your room, so after a tiring day this might be a problem for you. Or not. I found it tiring, but after a lot of touring you do get used to the extra exercise! If you're the partying type of person, I would suggest you go somewhere else. You'll be really disappointed with this place. It's somewhat difficult to find if you don't have Google Maps on your phone and simply using a real map. I came across two Canadian girls on my way to the hostel who had gotten lost and needed my help because I was using Google Maps to find all my hostels. But it is relatively near the train station and a Church if you're religious.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Camie J

Thanks for your stay and comment!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The reason for this is because of the atmosphere, I feel that it would be more suitable for families than for backpackers. Lacks the atmosphere of other Youth Hostels. Still, rooms are clean, staff is friendly and the facilities in general are very good and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms 5 and 6 are very close to the lobby, those are 2 bed rooms, and you can catch the WiFi from th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Neto2688

Thanks for your stay and comment. We are a youth hostel, not a pure backpacker hostel.

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Pros: new building so very clean and ordered. Breakfast was included and was a good spread. Free wifi in the lounge and staff would print for you too. Laundry facilities were great. Reception staff helpful. Night security officer available to check us out when we had to leave at 6am to catch transport.

Cons: our double room was hot and uncomfortable in the Munich summer. Air conditioning or fans would be nice! Out of city centre so no U bahn access when coming home on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Elise G
JHMPark, Manager at Jugendherberge Muenchen-Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for staying and reviewing. Summer is hot, vans are available at reception. U-Bahn Metro is 400 metres away, did you really stay here??

Reviewed 14 July 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to stay here for 4 days while in Munich because everywhere else was fully booked. I'd say the only really good thing about it is that it is very clean, and they have a little food place inside with good pizza that's open til midnight. This was good because there is literally NOTHING else around that neighborhood. The location wasn't all that great, it looks like it's in the middle of the woods... and 20 minutes by metro to the city center.
Breakfast was free, and decent, nothing special... it could use some toast or something.
As for the atmosphere... if you are 18-30ish, you will not enjoy it. It is full of kids and families and seniors. Not to say that is a bad thing, but when you are backpacking and looking to meet people it's not ideal.
We could not get the wifi to work anywhere, except for the basement, where the lights turn off after awhile and it's kinda creepy.
The beds are awful.. they were hardly big enough for one person, with a 1 inch think mattress, and the pillow even thinner.
No soap or any way to dry your hands in the bathroom.
It's also kind of overpriced for the location and amenities.

Despite the negatives it wasn't an awful stay, but I wouldn't exactly reccommend it either. There are MUCH better hostels in Munich.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ktskinns

Thanks for your stay. Well, looks like we can not please everybody. We don't select guests for age or something else, everybody is welcome!