“Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #251 of 381 Hotels in Munich
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2008

I spent a week in Munich travelling with my two (adult) children. A German friend who lives in Munich recommened this hotel to us. We were completely satisfied. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean and quiet. Both rooms had windows that opened onto a large central courtyard. It's within short walking distance to the Lehel U-bahn station, and from there a quick ride to about anywhere in the city. Two stops to the city center. If you park your car in the underground garage, make sure you get good directions to the hotel's specific section of the garage. It's a very large underground area shared by other businesses. I parked in an area owned by one of the others and received a call that a tow truck was about to be called... I was given ample time to move the car and had no more problems.

• Liked — Centraly located. Good price.
  • Stayed November 2005, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2005

I selected the Hotel Domus based on its location and recommendation by Michelin and by Frommers. I was not disappointed -- it's a typical European-style three-star hotel. I asked for a room for three adults and they accomodated us nicely, with a small mini-suite that had two twin beds in an alcove and a sleeper sofa made up on the opposite side of the living room. The bathroom was modern and we even had a balcony overlooking Sankt-Anna Kirche. The street the hotel is on is a great European cobblestone one-way thoroughfare in a tiny nook off the northeast corner of the bustle of downtown Munich. It's quiet and full of locals who love the Italian outdoor cafes surrounding the Lehel U-Bahn station just a few metres down from the hotel. One day we had a Farmers' Market surrounding the church. Also, it's just close enough to walk to Marienplatz and just close enough to enjoy a walk through Englischer Garten and the Schwabing neighbourhood -- full of pubs and bars and nightlife as it's near the university. My only complaint was the fact that, because we paid 150 Euros a night, they could overcharge us for cleaning costs. However, that was technically our fault. The three of us, due to various circumstances regarding tequila, pork consumption beyond normal U.S. levels and chicken wings from a vendor at Kultfabrik, "tossed our cookies" in the bathroom and our attempts to clean up the mess were futile. They charged us 30 Euros for the cleaning and a whopping 40 Euros to replace two cheap towels. Lesson learned: If you must puke, use the bathroom at the restaurant down the street. I recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget who wants a great place in a great location. Just bring your own soap and expect a tempermental Internet kiosk. And guys -- don't bother flirting with the very cute blonde who works the front desk and doubles as a breakfast helper.

Great location within walking distance of the main sights. Metres away from U-Bahn Lehel.

• Stayed September 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JakeAdams72
Castelfranco Veneto, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2004

I was staying at the Domus hotel for 6 nights (from 28.8 till 3.9.2004). It is situated in a very nice and quiet Lehel quarter, near the English Garden and St. Anna church. The metro station is quite near (1-2 min of walk). All the people working in this hotel were very friendly and smiling and I was having a feeling that I would like to return to that hotel again and again. Thus, I think you would understand my embarassment, shock and astonishment, when on the 5th day of my stay (on 1.9), while I was having breakfast downstairs, my room was cleaned and 40 euros were stolen from the internal pocket of my jacket. I complained about that in a confidential manner to the lady responsible for cleaning rooms, hoping that the money will be returned, however this did not happen. I think the personnel should be better controlled and these things should not repeat in this otherwise excellent hotel.

• Stayed August 2004, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank roman75_11

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels