Hotel Eder
US$196
US$190
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$97
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno liftside streettrain stationflights of stairsyogurtquaint hotelcold meatsminute walkquad roomtop floorbavarian stylebudget hotelthird floormain stationtriple roomfamily roomconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2009

This was my 3rd visit to Germany, 1st time in this hotel, I traveled with my wife and my 1 year baby girl. We took a family room with 2 bed rooms.
The hotel is just the best hotel I ever stayed in traveling 7 countries around the word, it is really a very cheap BB in Munich, a great location in City center, 5 mins walk from train and subway stations, 20 mins walk from Marienplatz area (the best area for shopping and walking in whole Germany), you can take the subway but I preferred walking this street.
The rooms are really big compared to any BB and very clean, bathroom is also big and very clean, morning staff is very helpfully and friendly (I think they are the owners), while evening staff is not friendly.
The hotel is inside street, which wasn’t a problem for me or my family. There is internet inside rooms with extra cost.
I don’t have any comments about this hotel and I recommend it to any one for business or fun trip. The only problem is finding available booking.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Great value for the money and location. Clean as a whistle. I'm picky about cleanliness and I was impressed with this place. The breakfast is nothing fabulous, and you better get there by 9:45 a.m. before they close it down at 10am on the dot! I would definitely go back.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2009

This must be the only Hotel in the Munich or anywere in the world which has 4 or 5 floors without an elevator. I was in this hotel exactly 40 years ago it did not have one and now in 2009 it still does not have one.
Another first of this hotel are the sizes of the rooms. They are not larger than a cabin on a 3 star cruise ship. Around 120 to 140 square feet. Not even room for a nightstand. I think a Prison Inmate might have a larger room.
In this hotel everything is small and cheap. Hardly any selection of meats for breakfast. which were in a plastic box. The heat was not turned on untill 5 PM despite that it was around 5 degrees on the outside.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank erniep747
Reviewed 13 August 2009

This hotel is about two blocks from the hauptbahnhof, and was reasonably priced at 70 euros per night for a double at the beginning of August, 2009. Clean rooms and friendly staff, average breakfast offerings. We were on the 3rd floor near the stairs, and heard other guests coming and going. All the time. Up and down the stairs, and through the halls. Couldn't sleep late due to the noise. And kept awake at night. The doors and walls must be paper thin.......we could even hear phones ringing in other guests' rooms.
Bring earplugs if you want to sleep.
Otherwise, not a bad hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank milwcu
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We stayed in hotel Eder for 3 nights in July. Our experience was excellent!!! The hotel is very cozy, clean and staff is extremely freindly. For example, my husband had lactose allergy and he asked from the owner that is there any lactose free milk or yoghurt on breakfest. They did not have, but the owner promised to go and buy some for next days breakfest..amazing!! We stayed in 4th floors two apartements with my parents and rooms were just perfects (we recommend to ask for those, if you are staying in Eder). Bathrooms were very big and clean and we did not have any noise problems. We could not believe that were are sleeping in the middle of one of Germanyt biggest cities and no noise!! Hotel does not have elevator, so it takes good legs to climb to 4th floor but that was alright to us concidering all that Bavarian heavy food and beer that we had eaten in Munich:)

Location was very nice and we could walk to everywere. There was also a nice italian ise-cream shop just around the corner, which was open from morning till late nights and served excellent ice-creams and coffee.

Breakfest was quite small but delicious. Fruitsalad, yoghurs, 4 different breads, many sausages and hams, two cheeses, few cerious, juices, coffee, cakes..

Only problem we had was that it was almost 30 degrees when we stayed there and rooms did not have air-con. That was the only problem.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family