“Value for Money”

Hotelisssimo Haberstock
Ranked #183 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel has a great location just a hundred meters or so from the Munich main train station (Munich Hbf) which also means that it is very close to the city center and the Altstadt (Old Town). Mine was sort of a last minute booking and I got a really great price. I must admit that for the price I was paying, I was not expecting much.

I have to say that it was great value for money. When I'm not staying at a luxury hotel, the basic expectations I have are clean towels, clean linen and a clean shower. I was more happy with the general level of cleanliness. You also get a buffet breakfast with quite a reasonable spread and eggs made to order. Based on some of the earlier reviews I had requested to be given a room not facing the street and the hotel was kind enough to consider my request. I did not have any problems with noise in the room I used.

On the whole, you have to remember that this is a no frills hotel which provides the basic necessities that one would expect in such a hotel. I would definitely consider staying here if I were to visit Munich again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Clean, quiet, close to the action. Friendly and helpful staff. This place was everything I didn't expect it to be and I was totally surprised at how good it was. The bathroom was huge. I would stay here again if I make it back to Munich.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Found this place on Expedia as a convenient place to stay near the train station on my last night in Europe. The rooms are about average of what you'd expect in Europe. I'd break it down this way...
Pros:
Very close to the Main Train Station
Close to many restaurants and bars
Friendly staff
Great breakfast included in the stay

Cons:
Schillerstrasse can be quite noisy - though my stay might have been an exception (night before Oktoberfest began)
Bed was a bit firm for my taste
Room is small and cramped by US standards, but I see this as a) the norm in Europe and b) what I needed and no more. A bed and a bathroom.

Tips:
If you're staying there, try to get a room at the back of the hotel. I read in other reviews that it can be better.
Head over to Sports Cafe Schiller - friendly service and friendly crowd.

Room Tip: Again, back of the hotel is rumored to be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2013

ok, during Oktoberfest one might be willing to give hotels a break but not when cleanliness is concerned. So I will not complain about the bedroom facing the very noisy Schillerstrasse with the sports bar and Beate Uhse establishment right opposite. But, having stains on the bed linen is not acceptable. Another point to improve on is the shower facility that only allowed the water to drip out and took about 2 minutes to adjust from cold to warm. Breakfast was very good though and yes, of course it is conveniently located. Maybe I was just unlucky this time.

Room Tip: try to negotiate a back facing room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Just back from a rainy 4 days in Munich, and this hotel made the difference between an average break and a good one. We were made to feel comfortable and welcome at check in which was
very efficient and the rooms were a nice size with very comfortable beds.
The breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice including made to order omelette's, ham, eggs and
lots of fresh fruits. We were also able to use the breakfast run to have a few drinks of our own at the end of the night which we thoroughly enjoyed, I can recommend this hotel to all and it has a very convenient location to the main train station as well as the airport bus.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in September. We were in a room facing the back of the Hotel which was good as it is really quiet compared with the front. Rooms are adequate and clean, has fridge and hair dryer along with a TV. Bathroom has a shower only, so no bath, but ok...
Breakfast was really good, with a varied choice. Staff was very friendly and informative. Great to stay there if you want value for money and a handy location as near train station and within walking distance to many amenities. Good Italian restaurant around the corner....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed one night during a stopover in Munich.
The location is convenient, 3 minutes walk from Central Station.
Room was way above expectations, clean and comfortable. Bathroom also very spacious.
The highlight is the breakfast: a feast of German bakery, fresh fruits, juices and all that you get in any German average 5* hotel.
No problem whatsoever about safety in the area.
Staff very courteous and helpful.
Very good value for Munich.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family