“very central, clean, friendly, but...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotelisssimo Haberstock

Hotelisssimo Haberstock
Ranked #152 of 381 Hotels in Munich
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“very central, clean, friendly, but...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

... you have to not mind the surrounding street. The street seems a bit dodgy with the typical cheap train station bars and sex shops - but don't worry, this is Munich and it's not more dangerous I would say than the Kurfuerstendamm in Berlin.
Don't expect a shiny top-modern hotel, but it is very clean, comfortable (the double bed was HUGE), very friendly, and the breakfast had a good variety of bread, yoghurt, cheese etc.
Wifi worked well everywhere.
Public transport access is about 20m from the door (access to underground) with shops open from early to late.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here in Munich for two nights.
Oh boy, parking is off premises at an underground garage for 25 Euro a night which they get discounted to 12 euro. It is a tiny little garage and an adventure to exit from and I have concerns about getting back to the place and working the above ground payment machine. I am happy to report that we succeded in retrieving our car and were able to get to the airport in time. It is over a block from the Hotel. No valet parking was offered.
This is the Standard really small European hotel room although this at least has a plastic curtain in the shower that is more forgiving that the hard door models. The bathroom comes with only a hair dryer and a squeeze soap thing in the shower and by the sink. Nothing to apply the soap with. No small clothes for washing your face and body and no bar soap for those that aren't a fan of the liquid soap. There was no shelf in the shower to put your "product" .... razor, shampoo, conditioner, bar of soap. Heck, you should know that there is no "product" provided in the room. I finally was successful in obtaining bar soap from the frout desk but the concept of small washing clothes appears to have been unknown to them.
The room came with twin beds ... we pushed them together. That means a blanket apiece and no sleeping together. Sheets were the best yet for this trip but mine came untucked in the middle of the night. A very small and very skinny pillow that we didn't care for.
Great location. Oh my, the amazing amounts of people in the streets. Very close to their major pedestrian shopping street in the area of City Hall.
The room comes with breakfast, The Wifi was free although a bit spotty and slow and we experienced at least one outage during our two days. No coffee in the rooms (or tea) and none in the lobby or available anytime other than when they are serving breakfast. Frankly, part of my life style is to enjoy a cup of coffee in my room while I catch up on the news and my wife is getting ready. That can't happen here.
One bright thing was the Lady that worked the front desk ( Dorothy, I believe) was amazing, exceptional and I don't every recall seeing a better hotel representative than her. I hope that you can experience her competence.
Neighborhood is a bit dirty, and seedy. We left at 5 a.m. and the streets were full of people from the bars that were just closing ... we were driving and it was a challenge to avoid the drunk hitch hikers in the streets.
All in all ..... this doesn't come close to what this American expects from a Hotel. Delta Vacations suggested this place and I am not particularly happy about that.

Room Tip: You might just try another Hotel .... I am pretty sure you can find a better one. I don't wa...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rich062

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel was a disappointment.
pros:
+ Location near main railway station. Stairs down to u-bahn and trains were just in front of a hotel door.
+ Pretty good breakfast
+ Friendly staff (most of them)
cons:
- There were a lot of strange people on the street. Most of them immigrants. They hung out on the street all days. Street was very noisy too at night, it was difficult to sleep.
- Lobby was very unattractive. It was smaller than my own living room at home.
- The whole building had seen better days.
- Room was cold and unfunctional. It was dark, not enough lamps. Radiator was not on. There were no room for your luggage.
- Bathroom was the worst. It looked quite new, but it was very unfunctional. There were no shelves at all. You had to keep your personal items on the floor. There were no hand shower at all. It was difficult to wash yourself.
- In the first evening I made a mess with chocolate on sheets. It looked nasty, but they never changed my sheets.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank FannyA_A
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel has a great location just a hundred meters or so from the Munich main train station (Munich Hbf) which also means that it is very close to the city center and the Altstadt (Old Town). Mine was sort of a last minute booking and I got a really great price. I must admit that for the price I was paying, I was not expecting much.

I have to say that it was great value for money. When I'm not staying at a luxury hotel, the basic expectations I have are clean towels, clean linen and a clean shower. I was more happy with the general level of cleanliness. You also get a buffet breakfast with quite a reasonable spread and eggs made to order. Based on some of the earlier reviews I had requested to be given a room not facing the street and the hotel was kind enough to consider my request. I did not have any problems with noise in the room I used.

On the whole, you have to remember that this is a no frills hotel which provides the basic necessities that one would expect in such a hotel. I would definitely consider staying here if I were to visit Munich again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
arlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Clean, quiet, close to the action. Friendly and helpful staff. This place was everything I didn't expect it to be and I was totally surprised at how good it was. The bathroom was huge. I would stay here again if I make it back to Munich.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Found this place on Expedia as a convenient place to stay near the train station on my last night in Europe. The rooms are about average of what you'd expect in Europe. I'd break it down this way...
Pros:
Very close to the Main Train Station
Close to many restaurants and bars
Friendly staff
Great breakfast included in the stay

Cons:
Schillerstrasse can be quite noisy - though my stay might have been an exception (night before Oktoberfest began)
Bed was a bit firm for my taste
Room is small and cramped by US standards, but I see this as a) the norm in Europe and b) what I needed and no more. A bed and a bathroom.

Tips:
If you're staying there, try to get a room at the back of the hotel. I read in other reviews that it can be better.
Head over to Sports Cafe Schiller - friendly service and friendly crowd.

Room Tip: Again, back of the hotel is rumored to be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

ok, during Oktoberfest one might be willing to give hotels a break but not when cleanliness is concerned. So I will not complain about the bedroom facing the very noisy Schillerstrasse with the sports bar and Beate Uhse establishment right opposite. But, having stains on the bed linen is not acceptable. Another point to improve on is the shower facility that only allowed the water to drip out and took about 2 minutes to adjust from cold to warm. Breakfast was very good though and yes, of course it is conveniently located. Maybe I was just unlucky this time.

Room Tip: try to negotiate a back facing room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business