“OK for a short stay”

Ranked #342 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Switzerland
“OK for a short stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Small rooms, recently refurbished, but with a not very nice carpet and a chair with stains - not very appealing. I've asked for a quiter room and got a room on 4th floor facing away from the street. It was a quite a nice veiw over the red rooftops and with the twin towers of the Frauenkirche.
Breakfast was included and not bad for the price (if with limited quality ingredients), served in a not a bad room downstairs. 24 hrs reception was a plus.

The best feature is the location. On a quite stree 5 minutes away from the main trainstation and the directly next to the Sendlinger Tor tube station and 5 mins away from the Marienplatz.

Room Tip: higher up and facing coartyard, as then you'll have a view of the Frauenkirche :)
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank augusta_ca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We didn't even get to stay here!!!
I was trying to arrange a group booking of 15 people. I received an offer via email days after my original inquiry. I replied immediatley to say I wanted to confirm the booking. I was told I had to contact them with card details to guarentee the booking. For 2 days I tried to call the hotel. Many times it rang out with no answer (So much for 24 hour reception and it was in the middle of the day I was calling!!!) and twice when I did get through I was told that they were too busy and I would have to call back. I did call back and eventually a lady took my card details. The following day I received an email to say to rooms were no longer available!
I'm still quite shocked at how poor the service was and I'm now actually quiet glad our group will not be staying at this hotel after reading the other reviews here.

Disgusted!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Paudie C

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

england
Reviewed 6 February 2013

This hotel is shocking – I stayed during a business trip to the ISPO show and was recommended it, as colleagues had stayed the year previous and stated it was in a good location and at a reasonable price (they paid 90 euro during the ISPO week) on arrival the hotel had lost my e mail confirmation even though I had a copy they told me my original room had now gone but they would be able to fit me into a room – The replacement room was not only substandard not having a W/C bath or shower they also told me as it was a show week the prices were double the normal rate !!! what a joke – I explained that the hotel was recommended to me at a price around 100 euro but they insisted I paid 160 euro or my option was to go and look for another hotel which I was told would be impossible due to the ISPO show. I tried to get a refund off the hotel management but was told I had no chance. The hotel also ran out of breakfast and refused to replace the missing items basically telling me I should have arrived at breakfast sooner I arrived at 08:30. The receptionists customer service was shocking her whole attitude to the situation was a joke – A real shame as the ISPO show and the city were great

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank ispo g
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Hotel for me was a little gem. 10 minutes walk from the centre of the old town and Hauptbahnhof, very close to Sendlinger Tor Gateway Underground. Room was basic but spotlessly clean and had curtains and hot water, on a side road so not noisy. Lift and stairs a bit clunky at night. Staff perfectly friendly to a non German speaker. Breakfast typically European but good with bread rolls and fruit fresh every day. I seem to have stayed in a very different hotel to many of the other respondents?

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob H
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

Complete rip off! One of the worst hotels I have ever seen. No hot water on the first night. Hotel thought no problem, just pay full price... They even made fraudulent credit card charges of 170 eur after They has checked me out normally. The only good thing with this place was a decent brekfast. The hotel sucs big time, do no go!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Markussi
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2012

If you want luxury turn away now. As young travellers on a budget we wanted a hotel that had basic private facilities (not a shared bathroom or dorm room) with a good location. In the end we felt as though the hotel was not very good value for money. We felt we paid a lot for what we were given. It was almost like we paid solely for the location.

Location was absolutely fantastic, a 5-10 minute walk to just about anywhere centrally located within Munich. Close to many large train stations, sights, shopping centres and of course restaurants. Yet in terms of the room, it was the most basic room we have ever stayed in, VERY tiny, no fridge, small slightly dodgy bathroom. But overall the room we were given was most certainly not a nightmare. Breakfast staff were incredibly slow to refill food supplies and clear tables. If you want to get a decent breakfast you have to eat before 8am. Once things run out they are not always refilled even if it hasn't hit 10:30 (the end of breakfast), if they are refilled it takes between a 10 and 20 minute turnaround.

For 5 nights in a twin room, we paid around 360 euros. The room and hotel overall were certainly not worth this amount of money. In the end we felt it was a huge amount to pay for the location.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Mafra, Portugal
Reviewed 30 August 2012

On a quick review here goes my experience:
Staff: Horrible, unfriendly
Rooms: One small room, could not even open by bag, one single bed, no air conditioner and surprisingly, NO CURTAINS - I ask for a curtain in the window and the horrible lady said: "No of the rooms have curtains" - Just check the images of the hotel and you can see curtains in the windows.
Breakfast: Bread, some cheese, some times eggs, sometimes fruit, it depended on the day (I had to stay there for 4 nights)
The location is more or less safe, I would not go there with my family.
The regular costumers have a very strange appearance.
Bathrooms very old, no conditions at all and the cleaning lady probably has some trouble with the vacuum cleaner because she did not use it while I was there!
I had a room on the 6th floor but the elevator only went until the 5th!!!

For this price, or even for more 10 euros a night you can get much more in Munich, honestly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business