“Helpful owners and great location”
Review of Hotel Kriemhild

Hotel Kriemhild
Ranked #4 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Chicago
“Helpful owners and great location”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stopped into Hotel Kriemhild for two nights on our recent vacation around Europe. Family of 4. Upon arrival, in broken German, we learned we had only a room for 2 people. Im not sure if we messed up the booking or they did, but the proprietor was helpful in working with us. We had to keep our room for the night as they were totally sold out, but they got us down a mattress and we managed. For the second night, they moved us to a 'family room' which was much better.

The hotel was clean with a good shower and great location. We LOVED the beer garden that is just a couple blocks away - 2nd largest to Hofbrauhaus with none of the touristy overload - just great food, beer and ambiance. Hirschgarten is the name - wonderful.

The hotel had parking which was helpful, was close to train lines (though we didn't use them) and several restaurants. Priced very reasonably, I'd stay again any time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here with our two girls, ages 5 and 8, in June of 2012. Rooms were very clean, good breakfast, friendly staff. We had just arrived from the US and found the location to be ideal for adjusting to the time change: walking distance to Nymphenburg Castle and the Hirschgarten beer garden, which is in a large park with several playgrounds and many paths, lovely for walking at any time of day. Also quite easy to hop on public transport to Munich city center and other attractions.
For the price this hotel is a very good value.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed 23 June 2012

An unpretentious, well-run 3-star hotel with adequate rooms, excellent staff and a good breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happywanderer63
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Upon a long travel day we arrived to find this hotel did not have any air.  Perhaps this is my fault as I did not read all of the reviews.  The room did have a fan and fortunately the nights did get cooler.  The hotel is in the process of installing air conditioning.  We stayed in Suite 301 (Deer Park) and this worked perfectly for my mom traveling with us.  This hotel has the best shower we have found in any European hotel.  It was very clean and modern.  My husband has back problems and found the beds to be comfortable.  However, I think the pillows were feather pillows which tend to not offer any support.  There are no safes in the rooms in case this is something you look for.  We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast!  No eggs, sausage or bacon as Americans are used to eating but instead a delightful spread of meats, cheeses, yogurts, fruit, croissants and such.  Our wonderful hostess was so accomodating and made us feel right at home.  This hotel is located next to the largest beer garden which has wonderful food and of course great beer!

Los Altos Hills, California
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We were a party of 4, grandparents & 2 grandkids, ages 15 and 21, both girls. Our family room was spacious enough, very clean, very quiet, and the breakfast was excellent as per our g'kids and we agree. Most importantly is the caring staff who helped us with any question we had and made recommendations to make our stay even better. Easy walking distance to the castle, a biergarten, transportation, and stores for water, wine, snacks, etc. Since we travel extensively, we feel our comments are from experienced travelers who expect results for our money and Kriemhild delivered.

Bremen
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The hotel itself is reasonably well positioned and the room was clean.
One of the selling points of the hotel was the free parking, what is not said though is that this is only about seven spaces which are jammed in beside the hotel. If you have a larger car, as I do, then once the management has directed the last car to park to do so directly behind the others then the car park is not a safe place to leave your vehicle. On my first morning at the hotel I found this out to my cost when I came down to a smashed up rear end on my vehicle.
I got no apology from the management just a note of the car number that had hit me. The second night I managed to park on the street.
My room looked straight on to the street in front of the hotel, which had a surprising amount of traffic right through the night making it difficult to sleep. The room was to stuffy with the window closed so it was a toss up between cooking all night or listening to traffic.
I cancelled my last night at the hotel as I decided to move on. This was done one my second day and so I was quite surprised that the hotel insisted on charging my 50% for the last night despite it being problems with the hotel that moved me to change hotels.
I would not recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to take advantage of the free parking, unless you have very good insurance that does not mind your car being damaged there.
As for the staff friendliness that is mentioned by other contributors this may be there when there are no problems but I saw precious little of it during my visit and charging a 50% cancellation fee when I left because of hotel problems is simply a cheek.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jdassoc
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2012

And a great place to start a day in Munich. The breakfast is perfect - not too much to overwhelm, but everything offered of high quality, all served in a very quaint, homey dining room filled with family mementos (at least I believe they were family in the old photos!). The rooms are well-kept and clean, and the bathroom sparkling, with excellent rain-shower heads. Near the palace and also a great, homey biergarten which had on the night we visited a robust meat buffet (no other way to describe it). Agree with others that on the pricier side for a family room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family