Hotel Opera
US$175
US$127
US$127
  • Breakfast included
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$153
US$133
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
KING's HOTEL Center(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$116
US$147
US$133
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hotelbreakfast is servedeasily reached by public transporthand showernearby garagequiet streetsized bathassortment of breadswe arrived late at nighta quick minute walkperfect locationlovely neighborhoodhighly recommend hotelbeautiful hotelheated floorsenglischer gartensitting room
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed 3 nights at this hidden gem boutique style hotel.
The location within a residential area, a few steps from the subway, we were able to walk comfortably to the Marienplatz area, which is one of the main areas in Munich for tourist.
Upon arriving at the hotel we were taken aback by the classique decor, antiques, chandeliers, mirrors, flowers, all tastefully laid. It was the friendliness of the front desk staff that made us feel truly welcomed and comfortable this will be a the lasting impression. The hotel has a beautiful garden courtyard where breakfast is served weather permitting. The area around the hotel is safe, quiet and a delight. There are 2 restaurants in close walking distance, a French intimate style and an Italian pub style both we highly reccommend.
Our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the front of the hotel. The bell hop took our luggage up to our room. I believe there are 3 floors in total.
The room was beautiful, lovely antique decor, the bed was comfortable. The bathroom, a modern renovation, slippers were provided.
Breakfast was wonderful, a selction of plates, fruit, pastries, cereal etc. Service excellence!!! Overall our stay at this hotel was remarkable, I highly reccommend to everyone this elegant quiet style hotel, a perfect choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank khristian14
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of a long trip away and this was the nicest place we stayed on the whole trip! We arrived late at night and were given a pleasant welcome. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the friendly staff at this boutique hotel. It is beautifully renovated and lit with mirrors and gilded furniture, fruit and flowers and feels like a small palace. The rooms are very comfortable, the windows open for fresh air, the decor is attractive. Our room on the front was a bit noisy at night. Breakfast is served to the table. This takes time and can be a little frustrating when the place is busy. However they use beautiful china and seem to make a lot of work for themselves in doing it this way....it was all very delicious.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alys D
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Opera for 2 nights whilst visiting Oktoberfest. Knowing how much demand there is around this time, we booked 10 months in advance to ensure we secured a nice hotel in the right area. We booked a double room via Last Minute and, although the booking details received by the hotel had clearly shown ‘ standard double room’, we were disappointed to find that we had been given a twin room with two single beds.

When this issue was raised with the hotel management, they said there was nothing they could do as they were fully booked and gave the excuse that double rooms in Germany can mean ‘twin’ or ‘double’ beds. Although I’ve stayed in Germany many times before, this was the first time I’ve ever heard of this and even the Hotel’s own website had the option of booking either a double or twin. What was more likely is that the management were lying and in fact they had overbooked the double rooms and had down-graded us to a twin.

I’m not sure of their selection process for choosing who to down-grade, but it certainly wasn’t first come first served (i.e. booking date) as there were plenty of double rooms spare when we booked. Unfortunately, even after I put them on the phone to LastMinute.com who confirmed the booking was for a ‘double’ room, they didn’t even offer a token of apology (even a small bottle of wine would have gone some way towards compensating for their mistake). Had the booking not been paid in advance and had it not been late in the day, we would have certainly had walked out at that point. We couldn't even push the beds together, as there was large wardrobes in-between.

The hotel itself is in a great location, only a very short stroll to the U-Bahn and within easy walking distance of the old-town. Although our room was looking a bit tired, the décor in the rest of the hotel was charming and as expected for a boutique hotel of this rating. The breakfast, which was provided via table service rather than a buffet, was excellent and I can’t fault the service of the staff (except perhaps the manager).

In summary, this would be a great hotel worthy of the past positive reviews, only if you managed to get the room that you actually booked! Given the swift way in which they provided excuses for their error, I can only assume that this is something of a regular occurrence. I hope you are luckier than we were if you have already booked!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dave_From_UK
HotelOperaMunich, Manager at Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Dave,

First of all, thank you very much for your stay at the Hotel Opéra and the evaluation on tripadvisor.de. I appreciate your feedback - this is a great source for us to improve and perfect our service.
I am afraid it was our mistake that we were not able to offer you the type of bed you requested. More importantly, I am really sorry that I as the general manager was not able to deal with the issue personally. Obviously, now it is a bit too late to enlighten your stay and compensate for our mistake but I hope you can accept my sincere apologies.
I am sorry that the room you stayed in impaired the overall quality of your stay. Also, please know that this is not our regular level of service.
Given the possibility of you coming back to Munich I would gladly invite you to stay at the Hotel Opéra again. Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding any matter.

Best wishes

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We arrived in the evening and the carpet under our bed had a turned up edge that was easy to trip on at night in the dark. Several of the staff removed the carpet and swept the floor. The building has a lot of character and it is well taken care of and nicely furnished. We had good restaurant recommendations. It turned out to be 3 very hot days in Munich and the hotel had no air conditioning because of the very thick walls. The first day I closed the shade on the large window to keep out the hot afternoon sun and when we returned in the evening it had been pulled back up and the window closed. I asked the desk the next day to make sure the shade stayed down, but when we returned it was up again. The third day I made a big sign in German and put it on the shade. It finally stayed down. Fortunately the staff provided a fan for us so we could sleep in the heat. This is a nice area of Munich to stay in within walking distance of city center and very close to the underground if you don't want to walk. Breakfast in the courtyard is nicely served and very enjoyable.
If you like antiquities, the new Egyptian Museum is special. The entrance is designed after the entrance to some of the royal tombs in Egypt. If you do not want to go down all of those stairs, there is an elevator on the back side of the building. Just remember to carry a free stool with you inside as there are no seats in this museum. It was an enjoyable experience and well designed inside.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beverly H
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Having arrived late evening at this hotel we were very pleased at the welcome, and the rooms were very well furnished - good quality. The location is good - just a few mins walk to the underground station - with good restrauants also in the area and for those who like to window shop - just a short walk to the "Luxury shops"!!
Using the undergroud with a 2 day ticket and also walking from the hotel all sights and areas are within easy access - don;t miss a visit to the English Gardens. For those who like their cars a visit to the BMW Museum is a must and it is also close to the Olympic park.
The hotel serves Breakfast in the courtyard in the summer months - and the food is and service in wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple