“My next trip to Munich, I'll definitely stay at Hotel Uhland!”
Review of Hotel Uhland

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Munich
Hotel Uhland
Ranked #22 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Austin, Texas
“My next trip to Munich, I'll definitely stay at Hotel Uhland!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This place just oozes charm. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would definitely return.

First, the service here was very, very good. Prompt and helpful correspondence in booking the room. Upon check-in, was greeted by a friendly desk clerk (excellent English) with explanations about the hotel, amenities and my room. The breakfast service was also very good. Though few of the kitchen staff speaks English, I was still able to get my gluten-free and dairy-free breakfast with a smile!

The room was clean and comfortable and was larger than most European hotel rooms. I was on the first floor facing the street and had no trouble with noise nor did I feel unsafe leaving my window open at night. But I was near the dining room so I did get some noise from inside the hotel in the mornings, which was not a problem for me. I loved that both of my windows opened up to flower boxes full of color.

The location is terrific. It felt safe with a lot of residential property nearby. It took me about a 20 minute easy walk to reach the Marienplatz. In the opposite direction, the hotel is close to the park where Octoberfest is held. In the summer, locals use it for walking, running, biking and kite-flying. The hotel location is also an easy walk to the train station (which coincidentally has the closest grocery store I found.)

This hotel is just so quaint and charming and with the friendly staff, how could anyone help but love it?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Teri M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Situated on a relatively quiet street just outside of the old city. Subway stop is a 5-7 minute walk and then a short subway trip to the center of old Munich. Total 15 minutes. Walking to Marienplatz is a 25 minute haul.

Hotel is quaint and comfortable. Staff is excellent. Breakfast is very good. Overall you won't go wrong staying here if the location suits you. For Oktoberfest it would be ideal.

1 Thank Snowballcookie5
Weatherford, TX
Reviewed 9 August 2014

8 of us stayed 4 nights at Hotel Uhland from July 23-July 26th. 2014. We enjoyed the hospitality and the location for our stay. This was a time zone adjustment for us before we began our river cruise. Our rooms were European style and the included breakfast was also European. Hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs and the usual lunch meat, cheeses, jams, breads, cereal and juices. The metro is nearby and taxis can be summoned by the desk clerk. Our every question was promptly answered in a friendly manner. The hotel is 2 or 3 blocks from the site of their Octoberfest which may or may not be a positive thing for you. 6.5 million visitors consume 7.5 million gallons of beer during the celebration, only 1 liter glasses are available.

Room Tip: We wanted a location which worked for us. The rooms were used by us for sleeping.
1 Thank ftexas
Moscow
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very pleasant experience. The hotel is about 5-7 mins walk from the Octoberfest venue and about 7-10 mins walk from nearest metro station. About 20-30 mins walk from city center. Very clean and nice. No restaurants or cafes directly near the hotel - seems like this is the only drawback. But the benefitst overweigh. Rather expensive though, but probably ok for such nice service.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank In_Chains_83
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is situated in on a beautiful old residential street about a block from the Theresenwiese where the Oktoberfest is held. Probably noisy during the fest, but very serene the the rest of the year. Easy 10 minute walk from the Ubahn station (U4 or U5) Theresenwiese station. Extremely helpful staff, fantastic breakfast. Elevator.

Room Tip: Our family had three different rooms, happy with all of them. If visiting during the Oktoberfest mig...
2 Thank James D
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 July 2014

You were so nice and helpful when we checked in. The triple room was perfect for three adults.
Breakfast was great. Nice residential location, 20 minute walk to the center and near the Octoberfest grounds. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank suesullivan4173
KC
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was one of our favorite sites due to its rooms, great breakfast, friendliness, & convenient location (a quick 10-15 minute walk from the train station or hop on the bus or it is an easy 5 minute walk to the U-station where we caught the subway anywhere we wanted to go in Munich). The front desk staff were so helpful with directions and suggestions. We had three in our group and had an ample room of two beds pushed together and another single, small balcony where we dried our clothes, wet bar/fridge, spacious and great bathroom, wardrobe and desk. The breakfast was the usual European choices but very nicely displayed; lots of different choices with yogurt and topping bar, meat, cheese, eggs, cereal, many bread choices, fruit, oatmeal, and many beverage choices. The staff who waited on us at breakfast was friendly, prompt and helpful. We loved this place! It was hard to find an affordable lodging choice in Munich that was convenient, family-friendly (or appealing to singles and couples as well), and in a nice location. This fit the bill! I was worried about other reviews who said it was a way from everything but it was perfect and close to train station, subway or bus/tram. Next door to Oktoberfest grounds if that is your interest!

3 Thank Danabol