“Bad Days in Munich”

Ranked #196 of 383 Hotels in Munich
seattle
“Bad Days in Munich”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Rude staff, put out by questions to basics like "how much is breakfast, Where is someplace to grab a bite to eat, how do we connect to WiFi.

Uncomfortable rooms due to no A/C, no care or thought put into making it feel warm and a sketchy location at night

Got off to a bad start in Munich due to the staff at this property. I am not Diva and have traveled to Europe often so my expectations are reasonable. This was a very disappointing experience. I would have moved if our stay was longer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I booked this hotel back in November 2012 in order to get a reason price for staying in Munich over the Oktoberfest period the following year. To my utter shock, I received an email from booking.com (the agent) on the 20th of September (the day before Oktoberfest starts!) to tell me that room has been cancelled! Upon calling the agent, I discover that the hotel had checked my card to ensure there were funds on it before arriving. Because it was so long ago, I had since changed bank accounts and there was only a small amount remaining on that card. I understand that this was, to a certain extent, my mistake. However, the agent informed me that in 99% of cases that this happens, the hotel are required call you to address the problem, and call again if they haven't sorted it to tell you there about to cancel the card. Obviously neither of these things happened and it also obvious why, the agent informed me that the same room was now 3 times the price since it was so close to Oktoberfest! I wish I could have got there and I could have posted a positive review, but BEWARE, these guys could seriously let you down and were completed unhelpful and uncompromising! Cancelling a booking and now telling the customer is a serious problem, particularly during a time of inflated hotel prices!

3 Thank Adam C

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

Lithia, Florida
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here for a quick overnight stay in between train rides. You can't beat the convenience since it is directly across the street from the station. We were also able to walk to the Marienplatz area with ease. Our room was on a higher floor, so we did not notice much street noise, despite its location. We did, however, notice the lack of air-conditioning as we stayed on quite a hot night, and there was little airflow. The room was very sparse and basic and was small for our party of 3, with little wiggle room. All in all, it served its purpose for a very basic hotel to sleep at when we had an early train ride in the morning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is a budget hotel near the train station. The room was small, and there isn't any aircon. But, I've no complaints for the price. It was modern and clean, the staff were friendly, and it's a good location. If I'm honest, it's more like a 3 out of 5 than a 4, but I think that gives an unfairly negative impression. For the price, I'll give it an extra point.

You should be out in Munich's biregartens and gasthauses anyway, not sitting in your hotel room. As a clean, comfortable bed for the night this is a good choice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel is very close to the main railway station which suited us well as we had an early train to catch the next morning. We arrived late at night and were told there were no restaurants nearby serving food at that time. However the staff on the reception desk told us we would get good food at the railway station which we did indeed. The baguettes were delicious and we also managed to get a few beers. The hotel was fairly basic but it was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast wasn't included in our deal but it was reasonably priced with a wide choice. We would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Scarborough
Reviewed 10 September 2013

One big plus point for us when we chose this hotel was its close proximity to Munich Central Station (literally minutes away!) Being so close to the station means easy access to the railway network, S-Bahn, U-Bahn, bus and trams so this is a great place for anyone who relies on public transport.
The staff were pleasant and friendly, and on arrival we found a small bag of Haribo bears in the room. The room was basic and clean, with wooden flooring throughout. Unfortunately there was only one chair in the room - strange for a twin room to have only one seat! The bathroom was also small, but everything was very clean.
It was possible to buy a beer to drink in the breakfast area next to reception, and also get free tea and coffee from the machine - that is a bonus! The breakfast room seemed too small for the number of guests the hotel accommodates - on our last day the breakfast room was full and people were having to wait until a seat was available.
The location, friendly staff and clean rooms mean I would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Auckland
Reviewed 25 August 2013

From the moment we entered this interesting hotel, we felt at home. Unpretentious, it was friendly and warm. The staff all took extra time to make sure things were going well. Our host was superb. He made sure we knew all the options for tourism, he gave excellent summaries of what was in store without spoiling the surprise elements, he gave knowledgeable historic accounts where appropriate and he maintained a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanour always. As an extra, the hotel served the best coffee of any we have been to.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple