“Good hostel in Munich”

Ranked #196 of 382 Hotels in Munich
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Good hostel in Munich”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

If you are looking for a place to spend some nights in Munich at a low cost, this is the option. The location is unbeatable, only 2-3 minute walk form the main station. The surrounding are not the best but you can find all you need within walking distances. Book ahead for Oktoberfest.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Kilbride, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had booked a one night deal here as we were traveling elsewhere in Germany. First of all it's ideally situated, being only 2 minutes' walk from the main station. It looks quite quirky from the outside. We were given a warm welcome and our room was fine. The decor was very modern and bright. Breakfast was the usual varied selection of mainly cold snack, but there was scrambled eggs and a bottle of prosecco as well. If we were staying in Munich again, we'd certainly use this place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barrie96
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

This hotel is only a few steps away from the main train station. You can get anywhere from there. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is not the cleanest ( I was disappointed for what we paid ) but we did go during Oktoberfest and so I am sure the prices were higher than usual.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Rude staff, put out by questions to basics like "how much is breakfast, Where is someplace to grab a bite to eat, how do we connect to WiFi.

Uncomfortable rooms due to no A/C, no care or thought put into making it feel warm and a sketchy location at night

Got off to a bad start in Munich due to the staff at this property. I am not Diva and have traveled to Europe often so my expectations are reasonable. This was a very disappointing experience. I would have moved if our stay was longer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I booked this hotel back in November 2012 in order to get a reason price for staying in Munich over the Oktoberfest period the following year. To my utter shock, I received an email from booking.com (the agent) on the 20th of September (the day before Oktoberfest starts!) to tell me that room has been cancelled! Upon calling the agent, I discover that the hotel had checked my card to ensure there were funds on it before arriving. Because it was so long ago, I had since changed bank accounts and there was only a small amount remaining on that card. I understand that this was, to a certain extent, my mistake. However, the agent informed me that in 99% of cases that this happens, the hotel are required call you to address the problem, and call again if they haven't sorted it to tell you there about to cancel the card. Obviously neither of these things happened and it also obvious why, the agent informed me that the same room was now 3 times the price since it was so close to Oktoberfest! I wish I could have got there and I could have posted a positive review, but BEWARE, these guys could seriously let you down and were completed unhelpful and uncompromising! Cancelling a booking and now telling the customer is a serious problem, particularly during a time of inflated hotel prices!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Adam C
Lithia, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here for a quick overnight stay in between train rides. You can't beat the convenience since it is directly across the street from the station. We were also able to walk to the Marienplatz area with ease. Our room was on a higher floor, so we did not notice much street noise, despite its location. We did, however, notice the lack of air-conditioning as we stayed on quite a hot night, and there was little airflow. The room was very sparse and basic and was small for our party of 3, with little wiggle room. All in all, it served its purpose for a very basic hotel to sleep at when we had an early train ride in the morning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is a budget hotel near the train station. The room was small, and there isn't any aircon. But, I've no complaints for the price. It was modern and clean, the staff were friendly, and it's a good location. If I'm honest, it's more like a 3 out of 5 than a 4, but I think that gives an unfairly negative impression. For the price, I'll give it an extra point.

You should be out in Munich's biregartens and gasthauses anyway, not sitting in your hotel room. As a clean, comfortable bed for the night this is a good choice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple