“Nice cafe to have rest but expensive”
Review of Cafe Stacherias

Cafe Stacherias
Ranked #1,895 of 4,030 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 28 June 2015

After long walk, luckily we could find this lovely cafe and had the balcony. We had rest watching the crowd and had tasty cakes The only thing to regret is that the prices are for tourist.

Reviewed 20 November 2014

This is a lovely little café, where you can sit back and relax. We had breakfast, which was good value. We would crawl over hot coals for another of their hot white chocolates!

Reviewed 11 November 2014

This coffee house is on the same block where McDonalds is, at the beginning of the pedestrian zone. A bit overpriced for the offerings and location, it serves good cakes but nothing is memorable. Cake and a cup of tea or coffee can be about 10 euros. Cake slices are smaller than average, teas are not leaf but tea-bags, and drinks are more expensive than average. Unless you go in summer and have the balcony, or have a window overlooking the ice-skating in winter, you can have better at other establishments in the area.

Reviewed 5 September 2014 via mobile

We went up the stairs and got a seat on the little private balconies. We only had morning tea but it was good. I had coffee, my husband had beer. We sat and watched the crowds go about their business on the street below. Great little place to stop and chill for awhile.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My friend and I dropped in last Tuesday and ordered ice cream. My banana split arrived with an abundance of chocolate sauce which made me suspicious. When scrapped off, a very brown banana with black bits on the end was revealed. As we had already waited quite a while to be served, I simply ate the ice cream and left the banana. My friend paid the bill and gave a tip (undeserved!) then the middle-aged male waiter commented that I hadn't eaten the banana. When I said it tasted over ripe and had black bits, he almost swallowed me whole!!! He began shouting at me commenting that I did not know anything about fruit and even had the audacity to ask if I knew what a banana should look and taste like. Yes we do have bananas in the UK!!! This conversation was conducted between us in German and I had not asked for a refund or anything as the bill had been paid. This was my first and last time in this cafe and I certainly won't be taking any of my many visitors here to be abused. The waiter should be ashamed of himself.