“Excellent food, nice entertainment”
Review of Mumbai - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We were invited to join some friends at this restaurant recently when they were featuring Indian dance entertainment. Perhaps because f the dance performance, the service was inconsistent. It took several tries to get our drink order straight, but once we were served things flowed smoothly. There were five of us, 2 vegetarian, and there was a wide selection of options for everybody.I had the Duck with Mango sauce, and it was excellent, very fresh, clear flavours. The entertainment was good, a selection of dances, but it was in a corridor and the poor dancer was performing as waiters and guests moved past her.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We visited just before Xmas 2011 and found the food quality and service great. My husband has been several times since, with colleagues and they too found it very nice. However, we went last night and found the table and the side plates dirty and the head waiter was running around in a frenzy. With him whizzing around behind us, it was not in the least relaxing. We arrived about 7pm to an almost empty restaurant and were seated right next to a table of four. On reflection, we should have asked to be seated elsewhere.
The first time I was taken there, I had the 'Mumbai Biryani' and it was superb. This time I ordered the same but it was just average.
My husband ordered 'Chicken Jalfrezi' with 'Pilau Rice'. He enjoyed the curry, it was hot and spicy - just how he likes it. The pilau on the other hand, was plain white boiled rice with garden peas and odd bits of vegetable. Maybe they're catering to the local taste but in no way was that pilau rice!
We wanted the bill but could not attract any waiter's attention, eventually we caught one and managed to get the bill. Getting the change however, was another matter, after a significant time had passed, we had to go to the bar. The two waiters there couldn't help and the frantic head waiter had to be summoned. He was very apologetic and handed over the change - 13 Euros - too large to be thought of as a tip! As a consequence, we chose not to leave a tip at all, due to the abysmal service!
We will not be returning!

Reviewed 23 January 2012

A relatively new addition to the Indian restaruant scene in Munich.

I generally avoid Indian restaurants because we've had too many disappointments. Simply, Indian restaurants in Germany have a natural tendency to cater to the local taste - which is a shame, resulting in typically bland food.

Of course one can ask for an "English"... but to me, simply adding additional chillies isn't quite the same.

So it was by chance we happened to walk by and noted that they also served Masala Dosa (stuffed savoury pancake basically). A special dish to someone like me and in we went.

Great is all I can say and we enjoyed it along with the standard chicken masala etc. Not overly hot but tasty nontheless.

All in all, a welcome change and since then we went back recently for their Sunday Maharajah Brunch (alas without the Dosa included). For typical Munich standards, the brunch had a wide range of main dishes, not just limited to 3-4 as is normally the case.

1  Thank Edelstoff208